Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
CustomMemory and ForceResolution entries can be manually removed from your config.plist. Then those warnings will go away.
Sorry CaseySJ, I tried to look in config.plist, but I don’t know where to look for...

Motherboard
Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Just wanted to say after lots of No Entry signs and reboots and a few resets of NVRAM, I managed to successfully upgrade my original Clover 10.15.3 machine to Big Sur, following your guide (to Open Core and Big Sur), and all seems to running smoothly, including TB connections (Sonnet 2 x 10GB Ethernet) via Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter. OC seems a much neater design with KEXTS, etc., in the EFI. As always thanks - you're a true legend :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
As open core is not support to external themes i just change manually booting icons and background color to gray
color for me it looks better now
You can also customize "Gigabyte Ultradurable" logo, the guide

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I just noticed that my windows drive disappeared from the clover boot menu.
Is it because the osx drive is now apfs format?
try this
Turn off your Hackintosh
switch to OFF PSU power button
wait 15 seconds
switch to ON PSU power button
boot again

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hey @CaseySJ, I tried to do a fresh install of big sur using your ** OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI for Designare Z390 ** but after selecting MacOS installer from my USB at the boot screen it just hangs at the Apple Logo and doesn't progress from there. I also tried doing a NVram reset at the OpenCore bootloader by pressing space but still gets stuck.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
@CaseySJ Just wanted to say after lots of No Entry signs and reboots and a few resets of NVRAM, I managed to successfully upgrade my original Clover 10.15.3 machine to Big Sur, following your guide (to Open Core and Big Sur), and all seems to running smoothly, including TB connections (Sonnet 2 x 10GB Ethernet) via Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter. OC seems a much neater design with KEXTS, etc., in the EFI. As always thanks - you're a true legend :)

How did you manage to get past the no entry signs? I either get those or the system just hangs on the apple logo and that's when doing a fresh install.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, I installed Big Sur from scratch, but a curious thing happens, the noise of the fans has increased and a lot.As I have back up everything, I boot for several HD's if I need to. In Catalina this does not happen, I am using the latest posted version of EFI, 0.63, posted here by @CaseySJ did I change anything just the registration numbers, anyone else going through this?

I am too - I wasn't sure if it was Big Sur or if I was just closer to the machine and noticing it more (I have been on the betas and never noticed increased fan noise). It seems to be on full blast all the time now.
This might be due to Spotlight Indexing. If so, it should disappear within a couple of hours. If not, run Activity Monitor and see if any processes are consuming high CPU %.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I really don't know how to use OpenCore, and from what I have briefly seen yesterday, It seems that I have to start everything from the beginning to change my system to use OpenCore. Is that correct? If it's like this I would like to stay away from this option.) I could follow your mini-guide to OpenCore, but my motherboard is different from yours, and don't know if it would be the same, because of USB and Thunderbolt ports.
Hello @ummario,

Good to hear from you again! We can switch from Clover to OpenCore using the guide shown here:

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 3.41.34 AM.png

The latest version of Clover may work, but I think it is best to switch to OpenCore. In fact, Clover has integrated OpenCore core into itself to create a hybrid. Several Clover releases in the very recent past have had critical bugs that rendered those releases unusable.

Additionally, if everyone switches to OpenCore, it makes it much easier for us to support them in this thread. Otherwise there are too many permutations:
  • Mojave with Clover
  • Mojave with OpenCore
  • Catalina with Clover
  • Catalina with OpenCore
  • Big Sur with Clover
  • Big Sur with OpenCore
Most people who report problems in this thread don't even tell us (a) which OS they're using and (b) which boot loader they're using. It's just too many combinations to support.

So it's best for everyone to adopt OpenCore, because that has become the leading boot loader.

Motherboard
GA-Z390-Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
Hey @CaseySJ, I tried to do a fresh install of big sur using your ** OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI for Designare Z390 ** but after selecting MacOS installer from my USB at the boot screen it just hangs at the Apple Logo and doesn't progress from there. I also tried doing a NVram reset at the OpenCore bootloader by pressing space but still gets stuck.
if you add -v to the boot arguments in your config.plist, you might be able to see where the boot is stalling. are you sure that CFG-lock is set to Disable in your BIOS? you need to be on BIOS F9g or higher. in F9g it is disabled by default. in f9i, which is available on gigabyte's download site, it is Enabled by default so change to Disable.