i9 9900k
Graphics
Radeon 6900xt
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It seems you might not have followed instructions in the OpenCore 0.6.3 mini-guide, which asks you to use the OpenCore folder located in the ZIP file attached to the post. That OpenCore folder contains all the Kexts.
Okay, that is beyond weird. I looked at the one I downloaded like 20 mins ago and it wasn't there, then I downloaded again and they were. . . o_O Okay, trying again

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay, that is beyond weird. I looked at the one I downloaded like 20 mins ago and it wasn't there, then I downloaded again and they were. . . o_O Okay, trying again
Cool...fingers crossed...

Motherboard
ASUS ProArt Z690-CREATOR WIFI
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
@CaseySJ

Something I noticed for awhile is that I no longer have XHC5 or SSP1/2 and haven't for awhile. Seeing recent posts only made it more obvious something is off. I have done a clean install of Big Sur but it was like this on Catalina as well. I do not have a flashed TB controller or any TB add-in cards.

I have XHC and AppleUSBXHCITR. I use an LG UltraFine 5K and that adds a second AppleUSBXHCITR. To rule out differences in my tweaked EFI and yours as well as the LG UltraFine, I have booted with your EFI from OC 0.6.3 and disconnected the LG Ultrafine and used a DP monitor.

I still don't have XHC5 or SSP1/2. The single AppleUSBXHCITR should be XHC5 as it used to be. I've attached a copy of my IOReg. Additionally, if I use Hackintool to generate a USBPorts.kext, it wants to rename AppleUSBXHCITR to XHC, giving me 2 XHC in Hackintool, and it uses ports SS03/04 which are duplicate names.

This is with your OC 0.6.3 with the only change being SMBIOS.

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    16.8 MB · Views: 30

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ

Something I noticed for awhile is that I no longer have XHC5 or SSP1/2 and haven't for awhile. Seeing recent posts only made it more obvious something is off. I have done a clean install of Big Sur but it was like this on Catalina as well. I do not have a flashed TB controller or any TB add-in cards.

I have XHC and AppleUSBXHCITR. I use an LG UltraFine 5K and that adds a second AppleUSBXHCITR. To rule out differences in my tweaked EFI and yours as well as the LG UltraFine, I have booted with your EFI from OC 0.6.3 and disconnected the LG Ultrafine and used a DP monitor.

I still don't have XHC5 or SSP1/2. The single AppleUSBXHCITR should be XHC5 as it used to be. I've attached a copy of my IOReg. Additionally, if I use Hackintool to generate a USBPorts.kext, it wants to rename AppleUSBXHCITR to XHC, giving me 2 XHC in Hackintool, and it uses ports SS03/04 which are duplicate names.

This is with your OC 0.6.3 with the only change being SMBIOS.
Interesting...Looks like more people are experiencing the same issue raised by @wiiwelshman. Please replace the Thunderbolt SSDT with V5 (located in this post) and check IORegistryExplorer.

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 3.57.16 PM.png

Motherboard
ASUS ProArt Z690-CREATOR WIFI
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Interesting...Looks like more people are experiencing the same issue raised by @wiiwelshman. Please replace the Thunderbolt SSDT with V5 (located in this post) and check IORegistryExplorer.

View attachment 496525

I loaded that SSDT, rebooted, and opened Hackintool. XHC5 and SSP1/2 are back. I will see if reintroducing my LG Ultrafine 5K and then later my custom EFI causes any issues, but as is replacing V4 with V5 on your OC EFI fixes it for me.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I loaded that SSDT, rebooted, and opened Hackintool. XHC5 and SSP1/2 are back. I will see if reintroducing my LG Ultrafine 5K and then later my custom EFI causes any issues, but as is replacing V4 with V5 on your OC EFI fixes it for me.
I'm having the same issue.

Rag

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, I installed Big Sur from scratch, but a curious thing happens, the noise of the fans has increased and a lot.As I have back up everything, I boot for several HD's if I need to. In Catalina this does not happen, I am using the latest posted version of EFI, 0.63, posted here by @CaseySJ did I change anything just the registration numbers, anyone else going through this?

Motherboard
Designare z390
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Hello everyone, I installed Big Sur from scratch, but a curious thing happens, the noise of the fans has increased and a lot.As I have back up everything, I boot for several HD's if I need to. In Catalina this does not happen, I am using the latest posted version of EFI, 0.63, posted here by @CaseySJ did I change anything just the registration numbers, anyone else going through this?
I am too - I wasn't sure if it was Big Sur or if I was just closer to the machine and noticing it more (I have been on the betas and never noticed increased fan noise). It seems to be on full blast all the time now.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
It looks like Big Sur breaks LG UltraFine 5k support. I had it working well with my Z390 Aorus Pro and Titan Ridge 1.0 card with Elias23 firmware but on Big Sur the monitor doesn't turn on when I boot or restart. Has anyone else gotten their setup to work with Big Sur?