Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ
As an early adopter of your build I just wanted to let you know that I've just updated to
  • OC 0.6.3 (coming from Clover)
  • Bios F9i (from F9b)
  • BigSur (from Catalina 10.15.7).
Everything is working except the brightness control via "Native Display Brightness". This is not a real issue as it is working smoothly with "MonitorControl".

All the best
ripe_md

it installs with clover?
oops sorry you can :

1 Prepare a usb key First of Bis Sur
2 Copie Efi occ6.3
3 Prepare your config... with openCore configurator
4 Configure correctly your Bios and good firmware motherboard

Read before there is a mini guide by

CaseySJ and a great help by Inqnuam

oops sorry you can :

2 Copie Efi occ6.3

thx i check it ¡¡

@CaseySJ
As an early adopter of your build I just wanted to let you know that I've just updated to
  • OC 0.6.3 (coming from Clover)
  • Bios F9i (from F9b)
  • BigSur (from Catalina 10.15.7).
Everything is working except the brightness control via "Native Display Brightness". This is not a real issue as it is working smoothly with "MonitorControl".

All the best
ripe_md
Hello @ripe_md,

Nice to hear from you. Regarding Native Display Brightness, please try the following:
  • Disable the two patches from OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel --> Patch as shown:
    Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 8.35.04 AM.png
  • Then try installing Acidanthera's Brightness Keys kext.
  • It may be necessary to press fn-F1 and fn-F2 if F1 / F2 don't work by themselves.
If this does not work, then another alternative is Monitor Control which can be downloaded from here:

Last edited:
Hi ¡¡¡ do you know any guide to install fresh big sur?
thx¡¡

oops sorry you can :

2 Copie Efi occ6.3

thx i check it ¡¡
I'll create a mini guide for fresh installation of Big Sur soon.

Hi CaseySJ!

I checked the log, but it only contains data from the first stage of the installation. The error occurs in the second stage when the "macOS Installer" in the oc menu starts. There is only a black screen, apple logo and countdown. From there, enter the GUI and print the error attached to the image. But there CMD-L doesn't work.

This is a strange mistake because I don’t see a connection to anything. nvram maybe cause it? An invalid file is almost ruled out because I created an installation usb key three times today.

Was that the specific mistake you made too?

thanks
I'll spend some time today on a fresh install guide for Big Sur. Will use the problematic Z390 Designare to see if the installation problem can be overcome. Right now I am also quite baffled.

I'll spend some time today on a fresh install guide for Big Sur. Will use the problematic Z390 Designare to see if the installation problem can be overcome. Right now I am also quite baffled.
Super. Thanks. If I can help with something, even testing, just let me know.

i installed perfectly Big Sur with open core,one things appaers when i select hdd in opencore,its normal?
IMG_6889.jpg

i installed perfectly Big Sur with open core,one things appaers when i select hdd in opencore,its normal?View attachment 496195
This means that you are using an older version of OpenCore. Please check the Date Created field for OpenCore.efi located in the EFI/OC folder in EFI partition. If it is not Nov 2 then you are using an old version with the config.plist from the latest version.
Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 9.53.37 AM.png

This means that you are using an older version of OpenCore. Please check the Date Created field for OpenCore.efi located in the EFI/OC folder in EFI partition. If it is not Nov 2 then you are using an old version with the config.plist from the latest version.
View attachment 496199
its created 8 september.
Captura de pantalla 2020-11-15 a las 18.56.46.png

Back