1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thx Casey.

I've done it several times, and always was OK. I enabled the Patch.

The only difference is the way of adding the file itself: I copied always manually to OC/ACPI folder, and never added the entry:
  • Add an entry for it using OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI --> "+" button
Or, perhaps, I did it and don't remember!

Anyway, still it doesn't work.
At least, adding that "entry" the computer stars without any problem.
But the sleep is not working. Ir re-stars.

I'll keep investigating.

Do I have to reset NVRAM after upgrading to Big Sur?
I haven't do such thing.

Thank you!
Have you tried the Process of Elimination to see which device is interfering with sleep? The most common cause is a USB or Bluetooth device connected to the internal USB 2.0 header.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Curious if someone can give me a quick rundown on what's going on with Clover / OpenCore?

I'm running a previous 5119 but it looks like Clover and OpenCore have combined after 5124? Does that mean I still need to go through the conversion to OpenCore or that if I just upgrade Clover I'm automatically on newer versions of OpenCore?
Clover is integrating parts of the OpenCore boot loader into itself. The first handful of "hybrid" releases did not seem to work with this system, but most recent version of Clover might be okay.

In order to reduce the number of variations to support, I personally recommend OpenCore for all users.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390 Thunderbolt 3
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Intel > Need version # > See Rules!
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
No problem with F9i, so update it
After the update disable CFG-Lock from BIOS
and configure Bios settings as in Post #1
Same thinq with F9i i disable CFG-Lock of course

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Same thinq with F9i i disable CFG-Lock of course
Please enable verbose mode by adding -v to Boot-Args and then try again. Or press CMD-V at OpenCore Picker and then select the macOS SSD.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Please enable verbose mode by adding -v to Boot-Args and then try again. Or press CMD-V at OpenCore Picker and then select the macOS SSD.
thkx i do this in opencore configurator ?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
thkx i do this in opencore configurator ?
Press and release CMD-V at OpenCore Picker, then select the macOS SSD. This will also enable verbose mode.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ thank you again for all the great and perflectly understandable content you create. Once again I was able to update to Big Sur like a charm while switching to OpenCore as you advise.
Just a question: do you still recommend to have extensions like Lilu or AppleALC to be also stored in the /Library/Extensions folder? I had struggle with them while trying to boot with OpenCore. Once I removed them it was ok. I was blocked with a kernel panic because of a kext version mismatch between OpenCore and the one stored there.
I removed all the extensions that I added in L/E & S/L/E and since then with the EFI folder you gave for OpenCore 0.6.3, everything works like a charm.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ thank you again for all the great and perflectly understandable content you create. Once again I was able to update to Big Sur like a charm while switching to OpenCore as you advise.
Just a question: do you still recommend to have extensions like Lilu or AppleALC to be also stored in the /Library/Extensions folder? I had struggle with them while trying to boot with OpenCore. Once I removed them it was ok. I was blocked with a kernel panic because of a kext version mismatch between OpenCore and the one stored there.
I removed all the extensions that I added in L/E & S/L/E and since then with the EFI folder you gave for OpenCore 0.6.3, everything works like a charm.
Hello @datadl,

When we transition from Mojave to Catalina, we must now remove all Hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions.

Similarly, when we transition from Clover to OpenCore, we must also remove all Hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Press and release CMD-V at OpenCore Picker, then select the macOS SSD. This will also enable verbose mode.
ok i have this

i boot on my usb key Big Sur not my older ssd catalina

Attachments

• IMG_8310.jpg
    IMG_8310.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Guys, Hi @CaseySJ

I wanted to ask you something as I'm in need to upgrade from Mojave to Catalina.

Is there a mini guide for the update as I'm still on Mojave with a working build from last year and Clover? Can I simply Update from the App Store?

Do I need to swap to OpenCore?

Gonna upgrade from a Vega64 to a 5700XT What should I pay attention to?

Thanks