Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

No problem with F9i, so update it
After the update disable CFG-Lock from BIOS
and configure Bios settings as in Post #1
Same thinq with F9i i disable CFG-Lock of course

Same thinq with F9i i disable CFG-Lock of course
Please enable verbose mode by adding -v to Boot-Args and then try again. Or press CMD-V at OpenCore Picker and then select the macOS SSD.

Please enable verbose mode by adding -v to Boot-Args and then try again. Or press CMD-V at OpenCore Picker and then select the macOS SSD.
thkx i do this in opencore configurator ?

thkx i do this in opencore configurator ?
Press and release CMD-V at OpenCore Picker, then select the macOS SSD. This will also enable verbose mode.

@CaseySJ thank you again for all the great and perflectly understandable content you create. Once again I was able to update to Big Sur like a charm while switching to OpenCore as you advise.
Just a question: do you still recommend to have extensions like Lilu or AppleALC to be also stored in the /Library/Extensions folder? I had struggle with them while trying to boot with OpenCore. Once I removed them it was ok. I was blocked with a kernel panic because of a kext version mismatch between OpenCore and the one stored there.
I removed all the extensions that I added in L/E & S/L/E and since then with the EFI folder you gave for OpenCore 0.6.3, everything works like a charm.

@CaseySJ thank you again for all the great and perflectly understandable content you create. Once again I was able to update to Big Sur like a charm while switching to OpenCore as you advise.
Just a question: do you still recommend to have extensions like Lilu or AppleALC to be also stored in the /Library/Extensions folder? I had struggle with them while trying to boot with OpenCore. Once I removed them it was ok. I was blocked with a kernel panic because of a kext version mismatch between OpenCore and the one stored there.
I removed all the extensions that I added in L/E & S/L/E and since then with the EFI folder you gave for OpenCore 0.6.3, everything works like a charm.
Hello @datadl,

When we transition from Mojave to Catalina, we must now remove all Hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions.

Similarly, when we transition from Clover to OpenCore, we must also remove all Hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions.

Press and release CMD-V at OpenCore Picker, then select the macOS SSD. This will also enable verbose mode.
ok i have this

i boot on my usb key Big Sur not my older ssd catalina

Attachments

• IMG_8310.jpg
    IMG_8310.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Hi Guys, Hi @CaseySJ

I wanted to ask you something as I'm in need to upgrade from Mojave to Catalina.

Is there a mini guide for the update as I'm still on Mojave with a working build from last year and Clover? Can I simply Update from the App Store?

Do I need to swap to OpenCore?

Gonna upgrade from a Vega64 to a 5700XT What should I pay attention to?

Thanks

Hello @datadl,

When we transition from Mojave to Catalina, we must now remove all Hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions.

Similarly, when we transition from Clover to OpenCore, we must also remove all Hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions.
Thank @CaseySJ about your reply. I misunderstood that the guide in 1st page of this mega thread is for Mojave!
I didn't know about the fact that we should remove those files for Catalina either, I was on Catalina with them, and everything was fine.
Well now it's all ok. Thanks again!

Hi Guys, Hi @CaseySJ

I wanted to ask you something as I'm in need to upgrade from Mojave to Catalina.

Is there a mini guide for the update as I'm still on Mojave with a working build from last year and Clover? Can I simply Update from the App Store?

Do I need to swap to OpenCore?

Gonna upgrade from a Vega64 to a 5700XT What should I pay attention to?

Thanks
♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 19.43.16.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 19.43.16.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 63
Back