Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Any one try to upgrade to big sur
I have same setup with i9900k
I need to upgrade any easy guide?
I’m not familiar with open core I’m on clover
The Big Sur update guide was posted a couple of days ago (please see link at the top of Post 1, just under the photo).

Requirements:
  • Must be running Catalina 10.15.4 or newer
  • Must be using OpenCore
The Quick Reference spoiler in Post 1 has guides for both (a) upgrading to Catalina 10.15.4 or newer from previous versions of Catalina, and (b) switching from Clover to OpenCore.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Referring to the upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur I wanted to ask (I don't know if it is a stupid question) how do I pass from clover to OpenCore to install the new update?

Thank you in advance

P.S.
Also thanks for all the help I received in my first build using this guide
All your questions are answered in Quick Reference spoiler at the top of Post 1.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I created my own for the titan ridge but I am using this file for the bull-in thunderbolt.

I see it in the titan ridge ssdt, what you are talking about. It is meant to activate the usb 3 capabilities on the titan ridge controller.

******EDIT******

How can I remove the lines of code that add the usb3 support without breaking the SSDT?
Do not use SSDT-TBOLT3-RP21-PORT7-GC-TITAN-RIDGE.aml for the built-in Thunderbolt. For built-in Thunderbolt you must use SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
** WARNING **
Carbon Copy Cloner cannot make bootable backups of Big Sur at this time.

CCC will clone the Data volume of Big Sur, but not the System volume. We expect Bombich Software to resolve this problem soon.

Motherboard
GA-Z390-Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
with Catalina and earlier, to download the current "shipping" version, I would go to the App Store, search for Catalina, chose "Get", and was asked if I really wanted to download it. when agreeing, it would download to Applications, and at the end of the download the install routine would start, which I would cancel. then I could make an installer to use on multiple hacks.

it appears with Big Sur, that option is off the table. from App Store, when I click "Get", System Preferences/Software Update opens and I'm presented with the option to update to Big Sur. if I chose that perhaps I would be able to stop the installation after the download, but I've not been willing to test that.

am I missing something?

thanks

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@CaseySJ

Is the Fractal Design R6 attachment from Post 1 still used on OC 0.6.3? Do I put the dsl and aml files under EFI/ACPI?

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 4.53.43 PM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 3970X
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
with Catalina and earlier, to download the current "shipping" version, I would go to the App Store, search for Catalina, chose "Get", and was asked if I really wanted to download it. when agreeing, it would download to Applications, and at the end of the download the install routine would start, which I would cancel. then I could make an installer to use on multiple hacks.

it appears with Big Sur, that option is off the table. from App Store, when I click "Get", System Preferences/Software Update opens and I'm presented with the option to update to Big Sur. if I chose that perhaps I would be able to stop the installation after the download, but I've not been willing to test that.

am I missing something?

thanks

You can still download from the App Store, just search for "macOS Big Sur" instead. If you go the Software Update route then just 'force quite' it when it starts up after downloading.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hi All, I updated to Big Sur with no issues and all seems to be working brilliant. However, My AppleTV + has stopped working. Has anyone else had this issue. It doesn't matter what I try to play, it just seems to freeze.

Motherboard
GA-Z390-Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
You can still download from the App Store, just search for "macOS Big Sur" instead. If you go the Software Update route then just 'force quite' it when it starts up after downloading.
of course I had searched on "Big Sur". what I was not willing to do was to accept the update route but I will try that.
thanks

Motherboard
Gygabite Z390 Designare
CPU
INTEL Core I7-9700K
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GD5
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello.
I have just updated to Opencore 0.6.3 and updated to Big Sur.

All is OK!!

But the sleep problem has come again.

I used the method explained here:

But it doesn't work with BigSur.
It gives an error and can not start it. It goes to a black screen.

Is there any new SSDT-GPRW.aml file ready for Big Sur?

All the rest is OK!
Thx.