Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ

Is the Fractal Design R6 attachment from Post 1 still used on OC 0.6.3? Do I put the dsl and aml files under EFI/ACPI?

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 4.53.43 PM.png

with Catalina and earlier, to download the current "shipping" version, I would go to the App Store, search for Catalina, chose "Get", and was asked if I really wanted to download it. when agreeing, it would download to Applications, and at the end of the download the install routine would start, which I would cancel. then I could make an installer to use on multiple hacks.

it appears with Big Sur, that option is off the table. from App Store, when I click "Get", System Preferences/Software Update opens and I'm presented with the option to update to Big Sur. if I chose that perhaps I would be able to stop the installation after the download, but I've not been willing to test that.

am I missing something?

thanks

You can still download from the App Store, just search for "macOS Big Sur" instead. If you go the Software Update route then just 'force quite' it when it starts up after downloading.

Hi All, I updated to Big Sur with no issues and all seems to be working brilliant. However, My AppleTV + has stopped working. Has anyone else had this issue. It doesn't matter what I try to play, it just seems to freeze.

You can still download from the App Store, just search for "macOS Big Sur" instead. If you go the Software Update route then just 'force quite' it when it starts up after downloading.
of course I had searched on "Big Sur". what I was not willing to do was to accept the update route but I will try that.
thanks

Hello.
I have just updated to Opencore 0.6.3 and updated to Big Sur.

All is OK!!

But the sleep problem has come again.

I used the method explained here:

But it doesn't work with BigSur.
It gives an error and can not start it. It goes to a black screen.

Is there any new SSDT-GPRW.aml file ready for Big Sur?

All the rest is OK!
Thx.

@CaseySJ

Is the Fractal Design R6 attachment from Post 1 still used on OC 0.6.3? Do I put the dsl and aml files under EFI/ACPI?

View attachment 495708
To use the Fractal Design R6 USB SSDT, simply copy it to the OpenCore OC/ACPI folder, then open config.plist using OpenCore Configurator and make these two changes in the ACPI section:
  • Disable the current USB SSDT
  • Add an entry for the Fractal Design SSDT
Please see:
Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 2.38.53 PM.png

Hello.
I have just updated to Opencore 0.6.3 and updated to Big Sur.

All is OK!!

But the sleep problem has come again.

I used the method explained here:

But it doesn't work with BigSur.
It gives an error and can not start it. It goes to a black screen.

Is there any new SSDT-GPRW.aml file ready for Big Sur?

All the rest is OK!
Thx.
It is possible that SSDT-GPRW is not enabled.

After switching to OpenCore 0.6.3, did you enable both the SSDT and the ACPI patch?

If not, it's easy to make the changes again as described here:
Namely:
  • Download and copy SSDT-GPRW into the OpenCore OC/ACPI folder
  • Add an entry for it using OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI --> "+" button
  • When that is done, then select the OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI --> Patch section and add this entry:
    • Table Signature: DSDT
    • Find: 4750525702
    • Replace: 5850525702
    • Comment: change Method(GPRW,2,N) to XPRW, pair with SSDT-GPRW.aml
    • Count: 0
    • Limit: 0
    • Skip: 0
    • Enabled: Check ON

Last edited:
Hi All, I updated to Big Sur with no issues and all seems to be working brilliant. However, My AppleTV + has stopped working. Has anyone else had this issue. It doesn't matter what I try to play, it just seems to freeze.
DRM is not working with Big Sur at the moment. Lilu can't do userspace patches required for it yet.

I upgraded to Big Sur, but for some reason none of my network interfaces were working. So I have restored my Catalina Time Machine backup, and after booting I get this error instantly. Did anyone see anything similar before?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 1.05.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 1.05.23 AM.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 51
I upgraded to Big Sur, but for some reason none of my network interfaces were working. So I have restored my Catalina Time Machine backup, and after booting I get this error instantly. Did anyone see anything similar before?
The two most common remedies for that are:
  • BIOS Setup --> Boot --> Set the 1st Boot Priority to the macOS SSD (not "OpenCore" or Windows).
  • Reset NVRAM from the OpenCore Picker.

Back