Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Yes. I'm asking you to do a bit of research yourself, else you just need to buy a Mac instead of hackintoshing ;-) The steps are basically as follows.

- Prepare OpenCore EFI using OC v0.6.3 (you can use the one @CaseySJ pre-made for us in this topic).
- Prepare a USB with Big Sur and copy the pre-made EFI to the mounted EFI partition of the USB
- Boot from the USB you just made and format your SSD as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) (caution note: this will erase all data on that SSD)
- Install Big Sur on the (erased) SSD
- Mount the EFI from the SSD and then copy the EFI (from CaseySJ) to this EFI. Then it should boot etc.

Please use the above as a guidline, not as a tutorial/write-up, but please use the great written write-ups by @CaseySJ from this topic. Enjoy hackintoshing!
Yes thkx i know the procedure of catalina it is only that my english is not perfect and just wat if big sur is ok

Thkx a lot

Hi, how is Big Sur working for people who are running OC 0.6.3? Any big bugs worth mentioning?

The
Hi, how is Big Sur working for people who are running OC 0.6.3? Any big bugs worth mentioning?
On this build it’s been the most stable version of macOS so far, I really have nothing to complain. Everything works and it’s super stable. I now had to reboot due to the update, but before that it ran days straight without any panics or whatever.

Hi everyone!

I'm here for help with Carbon Copy Cloner because I can't find a solution elsewhere. I've always used CCC to make my backups with a post-run shell script found on this thread, everything worked fine until recently. Without having updated the Hack, nor CCC, nor touched the script, CCC started to derail by telling me that the script "stopped with a non-zero state" and telling me to add exit 0 at the end of the script. Well, I don't know anything about scripting, but I try to put this famous exit 0 at the very end of the script, by skipping a line, without any result. I try the script in its version 4 (I was using the modified version 2 without any problem), no better. I contacted the CCC help, they told me to update CCC, which I do, no better. On my side, I tell myself that the files may have been corrupted, so I replace these scripts by backups, nothing to do. One thing led me back to Mike Bombich himself who says I need to update CCC, but it's already done. Just before, he tells me that the V4 script uses a "bdmesg" utility that would be missing but I didn't touch anything! Anyway, he tells me to turn to the author of the script but doesn't see what more he can do. Yet, although it is difficult to follow, this thread doesn't seem to me to have any problems with these scripts. I should add that I had always moved Clover configurator to the "utilities" folder and moved it back to the "applications" folder and restarted it to see if it could solve the problem with the V4, but unfortunately without success.
Only one thing has changed, or I'm missing something huge but I don't see what, I'm temporarily using a Dell 27 connected in HDMI instead of my nice 32 connected in Displayport, but I don't see the connection.

Here's the modified V2 that I was using nicely until now
The problem you describe is not caused by Carbon Copy Cloner so they are not responsible.
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • Have you tried the latest version of EFIClone script? Please see the "Easy Bootable Backup" mini-guide (link can be found in Quick Reference spoiler in Post 1).
  • I would strongly suggest making a clone of the system without invoking the script. Then manually mount the EFI partitions of the source and backup drives, and manually copy the EFI folder across.
  • Now set this backup drive aside and find/purchase a new backup drive.
  • Then test the latest EFIClone script on the new backup drive. The previous backup drive is your safety net.

Any one try to upgrade to big sur
I have same setup with i9900k
I need to upgrade any easy guide?
I’m not familiar with open core I’m on clover
The Big Sur update guide was posted a couple of days ago (please see link at the top of Post 1, just under the photo).

Requirements:
  • Must be running Catalina 10.15.4 or newer
  • Must be using OpenCore
The Quick Reference spoiler in Post 1 has guides for both (a) upgrading to Catalina 10.15.4 or newer from previous versions of Catalina, and (b) switching from Clover to OpenCore.

Referring to the upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur I wanted to ask (I don't know if it is a stupid question) how do I pass from clover to OpenCore to install the new update?

Thank you in advance

P.S.
Also thanks for all the help I received in my first build using this guide
All your questions are answered in Quick Reference spoiler at the top of Post 1.

I created my own for the titan ridge but I am using this file for the bull-in thunderbolt.

I see it in the titan ridge ssdt, what you are talking about. It is meant to activate the usb 3 capabilities on the titan ridge controller.

******EDIT******

How can I remove the lines of code that add the usb3 support without breaking the SSDT?
Do not use SSDT-TBOLT3-RP21-PORT7-GC-TITAN-RIDGE.aml for the built-in Thunderbolt. For built-in Thunderbolt you must use SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml.

** WARNING **
Carbon Copy Cloner cannot make bootable backups of Big Sur at this time.

CCC will clone the Data volume of Big Sur, but not the System volume. We expect Bombich Software to resolve this problem soon.

with Catalina and earlier, to download the current "shipping" version, I would go to the App Store, search for Catalina, chose "Get", and was asked if I really wanted to download it. when agreeing, it would download to Applications, and at the end of the download the install routine would start, which I would cancel. then I could make an installer to use on multiple hacks.

it appears with Big Sur, that option is off the table. from App Store, when I click "Get", System Preferences/Software Update opens and I'm presented with the option to update to Big Sur. if I chose that perhaps I would be able to stop the installation after the download, but I've not been willing to test that.

am I missing something?

thanks

Back