CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Sorry, I missed your post from before but it may be related to what I was experiencing recently. In my case as in yours, after browsing with Safari, the 'pkd' and 'lsd' processes would ramp up and other applications, like FCP would not allow an open/save dialog box to open. With activity monitor, I forced those processes to quit, and everything goes back to normal. I have a lot of plugins loaded in FCP and there is something that Safari is doing in connection with those plug ins that seems to cause the 'pkd' process to go crazy. As long as I don't launch Safari, I'm fine. What issues in the Sanity Checker did you correct that seems to have fixed the problem for you?
Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I stopped these processes by "force quit" in activity monitor but still have the issue. It's something else that I cannot find for long time. My 2nd hackintosh which is almost the same as my main doesn't have these issues and all plugings are installed also. This is because the installation went through clover. My main didn't have this issue also when I had it with clover. With OpenCore these issues showed up.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I stopped these processes by "force quit" in activity monitor but still have the issue. It's something else that I cannot find for long time. My 2nd hackintosh which is almost the same as my main doesn't have these issues and all plugings are installed also. This is because the installation went through clover. My main didn't have this issue also when I had it with clover. With OpenCore these issues showed up.
Try to swap your storage drives and see if you still have theses issues

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello guys. Is there a guide/link to the post on how to install Supplemental updates? I just got a notification about one for 10.15.7. I checked the first post and the last 15-20 pages, but couldn't find how people are doing it.
I've never installed any updates before (I only did fresh OS installation twice).

Motherboard
Thinkstation P330 Q370
CPU
i9 9900
Graphics
RX590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello @sybil,

Yes you may post the Thunderbolt firmware file for HP Thunderbolt Add-in-Card. Have you tried flashing the following modified firmware to that card? (This is located in the Thunderbolt Repository.)

View attachment 494454

Regarding the DROM, we should enable Port 7 as follows, using ThunderboltUtil:
Bash:
setport 0x07 ""
Then change the UniqueID (UID): (replace 112233445566 with six random hex numbers)
Bash:
setuid 0011223344556600
Then update checksums and create the DROM:
Bash:
repairchecksums
makedromdsl
Attached is the firmware dumped from HP Thunderbolt PCIE Add-in-card.
Thank you very much.

I haven't tried flashing the modified firmware of Asrock Z490 itx/tb3 to my HP PCIE Add-in-card, I found they have different IO name (HP-15E8/Asrock-15E7).

I try to use SSDT with changed IO path RP09 to active the HP TB3 Add-in-card, the Thunderbolt says that no drivers are loaded, please find the attached IO registry below.

BIOS setting:Thunderbolt Security - No Security

Attachments

• HPFWBCP.bin.zip
    428.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IO Registry of HP TB3 Add-in-card.ioreg
    8.6 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z390-Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
WX8200
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anybody know why my System Report has iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPhone as en6, en11, en12 and en5 listed?

Attachments

• Screen Shot.png
    Screen Shot.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 29
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello guys. Is there a guide/link to the post on how to install Supplemental updates? I just got a notification about one for 10.15.7. I checked the first post and the last 15-20 pages, but couldn't find how people are doing it.
I've never installed any updates before (I only did fresh OS installation twice).
update OpenCore to 0.6.3
System Preferences -> Software Update
if there's no any new update notification check Software Update again

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the _E17 to XE17 patch in config.plist, but I seem to remember that the _INI to XINI patch isn't needed. are both these assumptions correct?
Those ACPI renames must not be used if the card’s firmware is flashed.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
We should always make a bootable backup first, then invoke the update from “System Preferences —> Software Update”. If you encounter any problems during the update, please state whether you’re using Clover or OpenCore.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anybody know why my System Report has iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPhone as en6, en11, en12 and en5 listed?
This is perfectly normal. It allows the Mac to connect to the network through the iPhone or iPad when these iOS devices are connected via USB cable.

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
Radeon Pro WX 9100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Are you planning to do a Big Sur with OpenCore update to this unbelievable thread when it comes out? (Yes please please please hoping hoping hoping) I'm still loving this machine big time. As a side note, I got a Samsung T7 and when plugged in to the TB daisy chained off my Raid, it reads and writes >800MB/s.

Jules