- Nov 11, 2018
- Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
- RX 6800 XT
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
@CaseySJ Are you planning to do a Big Sur with OpenCore update to this unbelievable thread when it comes out? (Yes please please please hoping hoping hoping) I'm still loving this machine big time. As a side note, I got a Samsung T7 and when plugged in to the TB daisy chained off my Raid, it reads and writes >800MB/s.
UPDATE:Sure, I'll create a mini-guide for upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur. Some comments:
- Most Mojave users are not expected to upgrade to Big Sur for the same reason they have not upgraded to Catalina (i.e. no support for 32-bit apps).
- The mini-guide will therefore focus on:
- Upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur
- OpenCore only
- Must use BIOS F9g or higher with CFG-Lock disabled in the Boot section of BIOS Setup
To install Big Sur...
- Catalina users should switch to OpenCore if they have not done so already.
- Catalina users should upgrade to OpenCore 0.6.3 from this mini-guide.
- Please ensure that OpenCore Configurator --> Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel is set to Disabled (not Default).
- Catalina users should make a full bootable backup of Catalina and test the backup.
- Catalina users can then perform an in-place upgrade to Big Sur from System Preferences --> Software Update.