Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I really wanted to just redo the Multibeast and post-installation step since the USB is not working just in case I missed other items, but I am not sure what to do as many of the options are different now. I'm not going to lie, I am just scared of breaking the system again.
Simply copy USBInjectAll.kext 0.7.1 into CLOVER/kexts/Other. If this is not present in “Post-Install Files.zip” then it can be found in the OpenCore 0.6.0 EFI zip (not the newer ones). Use Quick Reference spoiler to find the OpenCore 0.6.0 post.

Well, that's not the problem! I've changed the battery twice with new one, first the issue seems to be fixed, but after a while, the issue is back.

When I have the issue, a simple BIOS reset resolves the issue. It's very annoying to have to set the time back again and again... Any one can help ?
hi @CaseySJ, I have almost same config as your's, everything works for me, but I have a little strange problem:

I can enter the sleep, and say, If my computer entered sleep at 3:01 pm, then no matter how long it sleeps, when I wake up the system, the system time still remains 3:01 pm, like time time as stopped when it enters sleep, this is really annoying, and I'm also tried with opencore, the result are exact same, system wake up, but time stopped moving on, and stop at exact time when it going to sleep.

I've attached the clover folder, please help me with this tiny annoying problem. Thank you~
Hello @steve3d, it seems that you are the only one having the same issue as mine.

So it's getting more and more annoying, my hackintosh is becoming unusable because of this, at first it was just sometimes, now it happens at every sleep/reboot! When it happens, the clock in BIOS is frozen, I mean, the time doesn't move forward at all, the only one to fix this is to remove the CMOS battery, then after the next reboot, it happens again.

So I thought it was a mother board problem, I called the support who sent me a new one, I spent a lot of time rewiring the whole thing back. But it happens that I have the exact same problem, so it's not the motherboard then...

@steve3d, did you manage to fix your issue ? @CaseySJ, do you have any idea how can I fix this ? I followed the tutoriel word by word and I'm sure I didn't miss anything!

Thanks guys for your help.

Last edited:
Hi, I updated the bios to f9g and now when I boot it choses the Windows drive as default – how and where do I change that back to the MacOS drive?

I am using Opencore and as far as I can understand it, it has something to do with the NVRAM?

Thanks,

Hi, I updated the bios to f9g and now when I boot it choses the Windows drive as default – how and where do I change that back to the MacOS drive?

I am using Opencore and as far as I can understand it, it has something to do with the NVRAM?

Thanks,
On a real Mac we select the startup disk from System Preferences —> Startup Disk. With OpenCore we do the same.

Hello @steve3d, it seems that you are the only one having the same issue as mine.

So it's getting more and more annoying, my hackintosh is becoming unusable because of this, at first it was just sometimes, now it happens at every sleep/reboot! When it happens, the clock in BIOS is frozen, I mean, the time doesn't move forward at all, the only one to fix this is to remove the CMOS battery, then after the next reboot, it happens again.

So I thought it was a mother board problem, I called the support who sent me a new one, I spent a lot of time rewiring the whole thing back. But it happens that I have the exact same problem, so it's not the motherboard then...

@steve3d, did you manage to fix your issue ? @CaseySJ, do you have any idea how can I fix this ? I followed the tutoriel word by word and I'm sure I didn't miss anything!

Thanks guys for your help.
Let’s start by listing the make and model of all components in the system, including NVMe SSD(s) and memory.

Simply copy USBInjectAll.kext 0.7.1 into CLOVER/kexts/Other. If this is not present in “Post-Install Files.zip” then it can be found in the OpenCore 0.6.0 EFI zip (not the newer ones). Use Quick Reference spoiler to find the OpenCore 0.6.0 post.
Thanks again for all the help.

I've been going over the post-install files to make sure I have them all. I noticed there is a "Copy to drivers 64 UEFI" but I only have a "drivers" folder. Is that the same and should I drop all those files in there?

EFI>CLOVER>drivers>UEFI... nothing with a 64 though.

Thanks again for all the help.

I've been going over the post-install files to make sure I have them all. I noticed there is a "Copy to drivers 64 UEFI" but I only have a "drivers" folder. Is that the same and should I drop all those files in there?

EFI>CLOVER>drivers>UEFI... nothing with a 64 though.
Please see Quick Reference spoiler --> Upgrading from Clover 4xxx to Clover 5xxx for the answer.

I just went back to Catalina (10.15.7) and switched to opencore 0.6.2

Previously I flashed my onboard Thunderbolt. On Mojave it was decent, but not perfect. Now it seems perfect. At boot up my UA Apollo comes online super quick, hot plugs off and on super quick, no random audio glitches under certain conditions Etc. Super happy, so thanks @CaseySJ and everyone else who’s made Thunderbolt on hackintoshes better.

now I just need to wait until there’s some stable graphics hardware setups, maybe with big sur.......

Please see Quick Reference spoiler --> Upgrading from Clover 4xxx to Clover 5xxx for the answer.
I seriously can't thank you enough for all the help, guidance, and time you've put into this guide as a whole. You're a lifesaver!

I seriously can't thank you enough for all the help, guidance, and time you've put into this guide as a whole. You're a lifesaver!
You're quite welcome. As you're discovering, the Hackintosh world moves pretty quickly. It's a vibrant community of developers and enthusiasts so it's a good idea to check in every couple of months to keep abreast of the latest changes.

For example:
  • Going from Catalina 10.15.3 to 10.15.4+ required everyone to enable native NVRAM.
  • Sometime later Gigabyte posted Beta BIOS F9g that disables CFG-Lock by default, making life much easier for enabling native NVRAM.
  • Clover went from 4xxx to 5xxx months ago, which also restructured the Clover directories.
  • Clover is going through another significant shift as it tries to merge significant pieces of OpenCore into itself. This shift is currently proving a bit problematic, but should improve because Clover Configurator just released an update (5.16.0.0) that supports many more Quirks:
    Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 11.30.40 AM.png
  • OpenCore itself has evolved considerably in the last few months. Many of us have converted to OpenCore completely because it supports:
    • Z490 motherboards
    • Big Sur
    • AMD Ryzen motherboards
As you discovered, there was a lot of catching up to do!

Back