Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Oh I see.

I experience the same issue with Bluetooth devices. If I press a key on any Bluetooth keyboard, the system fans will spin and the wake process will start, but there will be no image on screen. If I use a USB keyboard, then it works every time.

The most reliable wireless keyboards and mice for this system are Logitech wireless keyboards and mice using the Logitech Unifying USB receiver. These devices work in BIOS, in Clover, in OpenCore, and in macOS. They work with sleep and wake as well.
i would like the apple keyboard and trackpad to work

Looks like I am running F7, should I update? I just noticed the board has had two BIOS updates since I last updated.

How can I check if NVRAM was enabled? I didn't change any of the BIOS settings and actually had the profile saved from when I first made this build last year.

I did get an error message at the very end of the macOS update install that looked as though the update didn't complete, but then when I booted into Catalina off of the internal NVMe SSD "About This Mac" listed 10.15.7
  1. Please download BIOS F9g from this post and install.
  2. Then configure BIOS parameters again. BIOS F9g unlocks CFG-Lock by default, allowing native NVRAM.
  3. Then boot into macOS, mount EFI partition, and make these changes to Clover config.plist:
    • Kernel and Kext Patches --> AppleIntelCPUPM --> uncheck
    • Kernel and Kext Patches --> KernelPm --> uncheck
  4. Save the file and reboot.
  5. Now log back into macOS and download/reinstall Catalina 10.15.7.

i would like the apple keyboard and trackpad to work
It may be necessary to use Fenvi FV-T919 or Fenvi FV-HB1200. Look at the two screenshots below to see the differences. Even with a Fenvi FV-T919 sleep/wake with Bluetooth mouse and keyboard is not guaranteed, but there's a better chance.
Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 9.02.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 8.57.15 AM.png

1. Please download BIOS F9g from this post and install.
  2. Then configure BIOS parameters again. BIOS F9g unlocks CFG-Lock by default, allowing native NVRAM.
  3. Then boot into macOS, mount EFI partition, and make these changes to Clover config.plist:
    • Kernel and Kext Patches --> AppleIntelCPUPM --> uncheck
    • Kernel and Kext Patches --> KernelPm --> uncheck
  4. Save the file and reboot.
  5. Now log back into macOS and download/reinstall Catalina 10.15.7.

Downloaded and installed BIOS F9g (looks completely different) followed the newer BIOS settings in your guide, but now I am encountering a new issue... the Catalina drive is no longer appearing as a "Boot option," only my Windows drive is appearing as an option.

Oh I see.

I experience the same issue with Bluetooth devices. If I press a key on any Bluetooth keyboard, the system fans will spin and the wake process will start, but there will be no image on screen. If I use a USB keyboard, then it works every time.

UPDATE: Just tried waking system with a brand new Keychron K1 V4 bluetooth keyboard (currently sold out on Amazon). It works perfectly with Fenvi FV-T919. I am typing this from the Bluetooth keyboard after wake-from-sleep, which means Bluetooth devices reconnect automatically.

The most reliable wireless keyboards and mice for this system are Logitech wireless keyboards and mice using the Logitech Unifying USB receiver. These devices work in BIOS, in Clover, in OpenCore, and in macOS. They work with sleep and wake as well.

Went back into BIOS

The settings lists the following -
CSM Support → Disabled

However, when I changed this back to "enabled," all the drives appear as boot options again, however, still no UEFI option for Catalina. Swapped the USB stick to a different USB port and now the USB Boot drive appears as a UEFI boot option again and I can use it to boot into the Catalina drive, but the NVMe SSD with Catalina on it still is not appearing as a boot option on its own after the BIOS update.

EDIT: Wifi and USB2.0 ports on the motherboard are now no longer working.

F...

Went back into BIOS

The settings lists the following -
CSM Support → Disabled

However, when I changed this back to "enabled," all the drives appear as boot options again, however, still no UEFI option for Catalina. Swapped the USB stick to a different USB port and now the USB Boot drive appears as a UEFI boot option again and I can use it to boot into the Catalina drive, but the NVMe SSD with Catalina on it still is not appearing as a boot option on its own after the BIOS update.

EDIT: Wifi and USB2.0 ports on the motherboard are now no longer working.

F...
Try a cold start:
  • Shutdown the system.
  • Flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds.
  • Then power back up.
  • Do you see the internal Catalina boot option in Clover?

Try a cold start:
  • Shutdown the system.
  • Flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds.
  • Then power back up.
  • Do you see the internal Catalina boot option in Clover?
No luck. Still required to keep the USB stick in one of the back ports in order to boot into Clover and select the NVMe with Catalina.

Back