Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello @civita

By the way I am currently setting up a brand new Gigabyte B550 Vision D with Ryzen 7 3700X. It comes with Titan Ridge on-board, running NVM 56. I've already flashed the firmware. Thunderbolt hot-plug works very well, but two issues on this particular motherboard:
  • USB-C devices need to be connected prior to boot
  • Thunderbolt devices only seem to connect when hot-plugged (will try some experiments to see if this can be fixed)
View attachment 488443View attachment 488444
Good to hear, I bought a Gigabyte B550M DS3H and a Ryzen 5 3600X for my G5 Sapphire. Looking forward to seeing your results.

Guys, could you give me a heads up? I want to Update my Hackintosh from 10.15.2 to 10.15.6 and switch to OpenCore and a Dual Boot System. So far so good. Installed WIN on a sep. SSD (CaseySJ Guide), Did the full bootable backup, saved all my precious Data and prepared OC according to the OC Mini-Guide. So I am ready to insert the installer-USB, format and install a fresh system.

BUT. What and when can I do the Unlocking of MSR 0xE2. I am on F8 Bios and have seen there is a community made F9g. Can I use this? Where do I find it, the Tweaktowns-Link ist gone? Or do I do it via OC and Brummbaers Tool? But When in the Process and how? Thats an Information I am not able to extract from all the various posts.

Thank you.
F9g is the way to go. Please see top of Quick Reference spoiler in Post 1. You’ll find a reference there.

@CaseySJ , I mean it´s like a 20.000 Posts later than my first Hackintosh but things became brilliant. This OC Install went so smooth. Incredible. Took me about 20 mins two have a fully functional OS. WoW. Not a single flaw, no white codes, not being stuck, no purple lines... and whatever stuff I had to overcome doing the Mojave-Catalina Hacki-path. Congratz!You really built something here.

@CaseySJ , I mean it´s like a 20.000 Posts later than my first Hackintosh but things became brilliant. This OC Install went so smooth. Incredible. Took me about 20 mins two have a fully functional OS. WoW. Not a single flaw, no white codes, not being stuck, no purple lines... and whatever stuff I had to overcome doing the Mojave-Catalina Hacki-path. Congratz!You really built something here.
Glad to hear it, and well done.

Hello friends, I just saw new FW BETA F9i

Attachments

• Imagem.jpg
    Imagem.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 57
Unfortunately these two statements are mutually exclusive:
  • I am not interested in a virtual machine since my specific software will not work on a virtual machine
  • I want to have a full-fledged start of the windows system from mac OS
If you start Windows through Parallels Desktop or VMWare Fusion, Windows will run inside a Virtual Machine. It does not matter whether you install Windows through Parallels or Fusion, or whether Windows is already installed on a completely independent disk.

Both Clover and OpenCore allow you to choose which O/S to boot: macOS or Windows. Only one O/S can be the host OS at any given time.
thank you for your answers, I will try when ssd arrives
I want to thank you for the great instructions, I am in hackintosh 0, in 3 hours I did the hackintosh thanks to you

I would like to ask you more, hackentosh apple will not block apple id

Last edited:
Hi @Lukey1979 I see you're using the latest version of OC. I'm still at 5.8 and when I tried using the latest one, it's caused me a lot of issue. Would it be okay if you share your current EFI so I can inspect and compare to mine? We have exactly the same specs btw. Z390 Xtreme, 9900K and 5700 XT. :headbang:

I'm also one of the first Xtreme users in the thread and remember @CaseySJ helping us with a lot of troubles. Hey mate, long time! Anyway, thanks and hope to hear from you soon @Lukey1979. Cheers!

Thank you :)
Ill give this a try

EDIT: so just try changing my 01 to 02?

I'm going to follow @CaseySJ´s Gigabyte B550 Vision D build guide with a microscope:)

Hi @Lukey1979 I see you're using the latest version of OC. I'm still at 5.8 and when I tried using the latest one, it's caused me a lot of issue. Would it be okay if you share your current EFI so I can inspect and compare to mine? We have exactly the same specs btw. Z390 Xtreme, 9900K and 5700 XT. :headbang:

I'm also one of the first Xtreme users in the thread and remember @CaseySJ helping us with a lot of troubles. Hey mate, long time! Anyway, thanks and hope to hear from you soon @Lukey1979. Cheers!
Hi mate :)

Yeah no worries at all.

I have a few small little bugs, like my OC picker menu resolution appears to be wrong, this is since changing from 0.6.1 back to 0.6.0 and then back to 0.6.1 again. I was trying to solve some issues hence the backwards and forwards. All seems to be working pretty OK with no real issues. Since moving from 0.6.0 to 0.6.1, I no longer have the Aquantia Ethernet port working (It was working with 0.6.0), however I am just using the Intel ethernet port instead. (Please let me know if your Aquantia Port stops working too) I believe it is just an OC issue and may resolve itself with further updates.

EDIT: Have you updated to the latest Safari? I did this yesterday and now it won't play Netflix shows :-/

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 64
@CaseySJ

Hi Casey,

I updated to the new version of Safari that was released over the past week or so and now none of my streaming sites work. Mainly Netflix as that is the only one that was working perfect. Have you heard from anyone else having the same issue. Perhaps Apple has changed something with the DRM. All streaming sites still work with Google Chrome so not too worried. Hopefully with the next WEG update it fixes it

Back