Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Not sure how I missed this before, but I did discover this page on the OpenCore Post-Install wiki located here:
Installing and using BootCamp utilities

This has added the ability to choose which OS I want to boot from which will be nice for remote system management.

The problem now is VM ware is still not recognizing the Windows 10 nvme drive. Does anyone have any ideas? @CaseySJ

Is the drive currently connected via internal SATA cable (not external enclosure)?
Yes right now it is connected via internal SATA

Does the problem happen only when copying or opening that particular file?
Yes the reboot happens only when opening the library, when copying I got the othe error not reboot,
Or does it happen with copying or opening any large file?
I guess any larger file, bigger than 100gb, reboots also happens when plex scans the media directory that it is also larger than 100gb. Right now there are the two ways it reboots
But on the MacBook Pro this does not happen when the drive is mounted in an external enclosure?

Hello, everyone. Please tell me if it is possible to install Bootcamp on a hackintosh, I want to use Windows sometimes, but at the same time always stay in macOS, the Parallel desktop allows, but Bootcamp is needed.
Thanks.

Assembly:
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
i5-9600K
RX 580 8GB Nitro +
NVMe 970 EVO Plus X2

I tried to install, after an overload, the system no longer boots, apparently the bootloader was killed.
You don't need Boot Camp to install Windows on a PC. But you do need a partition to install it to. I would use macOS to do the partitioning. You might need to use the installer USB to affect the drive that macOS is installed on. When you install Windows, it might affect your boot loader. You can use EasyUEFI to set the boot loader back to Clover or Open Core.

Boot Camp drivers are useful if you are connecting a Mac keyboard or Mac display (including LG UltraFine 4K and LG UltraFine 5K displays).

My OWC Thunderbolt 10Gbe works extremely well with my Supermicro FreeNAS NAS. These can be found for around 800 euros second hand without the drives. This includes 160MB of RAM cache that makes your machine even faster once it has read a file. Best investment I ever made. I actually bought two that replicate all data every hour. For pro work I would avoid the Qnap. The ZFS data with dual power supply of the Supermicro make it extremely reliable.
Thanks for this tip. But You are talking about building your own server and installing FreeNAS right? I honestly find that just having a Hackintosh is enough hassle for me. I really need something plug and play essentially. I don't have time to research parts and install thrid party software. What exactly is the reason you say you would "avoid" the QNAP?

Does it happen on Hackintosh when connected to the SAME external enclosure?

If you have another large drive, connect both to the MacBook Pro, transfer your files to the new drive and see if the new drive also exhibits the same problem on the Hackintosh.

I still get occasional errors on boot with -v. Now I see this:
error loading kernel cache(0x9)
F11 at the Clover screen fixes this(wiping NVRAM?!) on reboot
I don't understand why I suddenly have these boot problems.

Thanks for this tip. But You are talking about building your own server and installing FreeNAS right? I honestly find that just having a Hackintosh is enough hassle for me. I really need something plug and play essentially. I don't have time to research parts and install thrid party software. What exactly is the reason you say you would "avoid" the QNAP?
Installing FreeNAS is as easy as copying it on a USB key and booting from it. You then configure your pool with your installed drives and share them over SMB. With the amount of data I work with having a proper ZFS system with dual power supplies seems essential. You can crash two of 6 drives and keep on working. You just install new drives if one breaks, and it rebuilds it. I’m sure the QNAP works well, but it doesn’t have these possibilities. I have given up on raid hardware that can create it’s own problems. The way ZFS uses its RAM cache makes much less use of the drive themselves. If for instance you are working on 40gig ProRes film all day, it only gets read once, and then it stays in the cache after that. That puts much less stress on your drives. The documentation is thorough, and the interface is well thought out. I have never had a failure or hickup. I also have snapshots of my drives every day for two weeks. So, if I unfortunately got hacked, I can just rewind the drive before the hack. Also, if someone makes a big mistake on an important file, I can easily recover the previous version. Built in Time Machine.
Sorry to bother this thread with this.

Does it happen on Hackintosh when connected to the SAME external enclosure?

yes same one

If you have another large drive, connect both to the MacBook Pro, transfer your files to the new drive and see if the new drive also exhibits the same problem on the Hackintosh.
Will do thanks

The Gigabyte B550 Vision D, like most AMD motherboards, requires lots of extra work. I have made a fair bit of progress...

@CaseySJ

I may be biting off more than I can handle technically with the Gigabyte B550 board based on your comments.

Perhaps another build guide by you? One of the first for AMD builds on TonyMac86?

Or perhaps a new thread covering your progress?

As if you have the time with all the tech support you provide with your Designare builds. :)

Thanks.

Back