Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

We had to take my Z490 Vision D build and use it elsewhere, so I grabbed my i7-9700K cpu and built a new system. I started with BeQuiet! Pure Base 500DX case, a new Gigabyte Designare Z390 MB, and a Samsung EVO NVMe M.2 1TB.
I used OC to boot and reused my 2 Samsung EVO drives and my Radeon VII. Working great and my Fenvi FV-T919 is working great. Thanks so much for both the Z390 and Z490 build posts as I gleaned from them to have the working system.

That is amazing...now that the board is going out of production! :) Let's see if Z490 Vision D comes with this option. Nevertheless, F9g could be a huge blessing for all existing Z390 Designare owners. No longer will we need to run the special grub shell. Instead, we could just save this setting along with all others in a single "Profile" and reload the profile whenever needed.

View attachment 470889
Hello, thank you for the wonderful instructions! you could add the file with the BIOS firmware here, according to the link I do not have such a page

By the way I am currently setting up a brand new Gigabyte B550 Vision D with Ryzen 7 3700X. It comes with Titan Ridge on-board, running NVM 56. I've already flashed the firmware. Thunderbolt hot-plug works very well, but two issues on this particular motherboard:
  • USB-C devices need to be connected prior to boot
  • Thunderbolt devices only seem to connect when hot-plugged (will try some experiments to see if this can be fixed)

@CaseySJ

I'm acquiring the parts to make a Gigabyte B550 Vision D hackintosh. Do you have any quick hints/tips as to what's needed to get to the stage you have reached?

My Z390 Gigabyte Designare flashed, dual boot system booting O.C.-0.6.0 is running fine.

Thanks

Greetings, oh mighty & great thread of hackintosh fantasticfullness. It’s been a while.

I'm wondering a couple of things as I comb through the posts. These may be silly questions, but I thought I would ask.

(I’m running Mojave with 2x RX 580 cards and a flashed onboard Thunderbolt. My only issue seems to the very odd time where all my USB stops working for no apparent reason, and I’m unable to use the latest USBInjectAll as it seems to disable all of the USB 2.0 ports on the mobo which stops my BT card from working. Even if I unplug everything USB, aside from KB & mouse, it still happens. Not a huge deal for me.)

If anyone here is using their machine for audio/video apps:

Does using bios F9g offer any noticeable performance or stability improvements?

If you’ve moved to OpenCore, (which seems more ready now?) have you noticed any performance or stability improvements?
If you have several USB 2.0 devices, please see this:

Hello, thank you for the wonderful instructions! you could add the file with the BIOS firmware here, according to the link I do not have such a page
Please see:
Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 12.28.27 PM.png

@CaseySJ

I'm acquiring the parts to make a Gigabyte B550 Vision D hackintosh. Do you have any quick hints/tips as to what's needed to get to the stage you have reached?

My Z390 Gigabyte Designare flashed, dual boot system booting O.C.-0.6.0 is running fine.

Thanks
The Gigabyte B550 Vision D, like most AMD motherboards, requires lots of extra work. I have made a fair bit of progress, such as:
  • Configured OpenCore to install Big Sur Public Beta.
  • Configured USB ports by renaming both XHC0 and PTXH to XHC1 and XHC2.
  • Created SSDT to hide on-board Intel WiFi.
  • Unfortunately, on-board Bluetooth is on a shared USB 2.0 hub. If we disable the hub, we lose both of the internal USB 2 headers and hence Fenvi Bluetooth has nowhere to connect.
    • I've ordered a BCM94360NG Key A/E card that should be a plug-in replacement for the Intel WiFi/BT card.
    • So no need for Fenvi or any other PCIe WiFi/BT card!
  • Sleep/wake does not work yet.
    • I'm hoping that the new BCM94360NG module will help. The module will arrive in 2 days.
  • Currently working on Thunderbolt issues. I have two Thunderbolt SSDTs:
    • Version 1: Thunderbolt hot plug works well, but Thunderbolt devices will not work when connected before boot.
    • Version 2: Thunderbolt hot plug does not work (yet), but Thunderbolt devices will in fact work when connected before boot.
      • Currently working on this problem.
I can provide an OpenCore 0.6.1 EFI folder for the B550 that should is still preliminary, but usable.

(screenshot)
Is the drive currently connected via internal SATA cable (not external enclosure)?

Does the problem happen only when copying or opening that particular file?

Or does it happen with copying or opening any large file?

Is the drive currently connected via internal SATA cable (not external enclosure)?
Yes right now it is connected via internal SATA

Does the problem happen only when copying or opening that particular file?
Yes the reboot happens only when opening the library, when copying I got the othe error not reboot,
Or does it happen with copying or opening any large file?
I guess any larger file, bigger than 100gb, reboots also happens when plex scans the media directory that it is also larger than 100gb. Right now there are the two ways it reboots

Back