Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I remember reading people talking about the Antelope UAD and how it didn't work because of networking or something. Maybe when you added the UUID you enabled the networking over TB that the UAD might require for the power "I am grabbing at straws here" Did you add a custom DROM? I am not sure what you did to the SSDT but maybe you should send it to Casey and let him look at what you did. I use the one listed on his micro guide for titan ridge with only modified DROM.

I haven't dabbled in the custom DROM scene. I definitely didn't accidentally enable Thunderbolt networking –because achieving that would likely have won me the Nobel and Zee-Magnees prizes. I've posted my setups before, but it seems I just got lucky with the right combo. See attachments.

Attachments

• UAD powered on and running.png
    UAD powered on and running.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • Apollo 8 power cycle then reconnecting without a restart.png
    Apollo 8 power cycle then reconnecting without a restart.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
  • SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml
    6.1 KB · Views: 44
Would you recommend doing a full re-install?
This was my first build, and I followed the tutorial to the letter. Haven't spent time on the intricacies of hackintoshes. With OC, it's as simple as preparing an install usb and dropping the EFI that CaseySJ made?
See this first if you were ever using EmuNVRAM with that system: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

hello¡¡ @CaseySJ Let's see if the same thing happens to someone....When i playback a youtube video or any video source,when touch the volume key i see a lag in control volume,maybe its the last catalina or applealc text update?.

Thx¡

Last edited:
thanks for the files - will compare it to mine in the morning.....The difference could just be your flash firmware. I have the little amazon flasher too - Hate doing it though, but Ive re flashed with earlier dsm firmware then back again when that made no difference.
@c0c0p0ps - Hi - are you running clover or open core?

Hi guys,

as requested.

I wasn't sure if you wanted me to have my backup SSD plugged in, if so let me know and I will run this again with the backup SSD attached.

Last login: Fri Aug 28 18:09:10 on console
lukesummerscales@Lukes-iMac ~ % diskutil list
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *512.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_APFS Container disk2 511.9 GB disk0s2

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_APFS Container disk3 499.9 GB disk1s2

/dev/disk2 (synthesized):
0: APFS Container Scheme - +511.9 GB disk2
Physical Store disk0s2
1: APFS Volume HomeDrive 410.9 GB disk2s1

/dev/disk3 (synthesized):
0: APFS Container Scheme - +499.9 GB disk3
Physical Store disk1s2
1: APFS Volume Catalina - Data 155.2 GB disk3s1
2: APFS Volume Catalina 11.3 GB disk3s2
3: APFS Volume Preboot 82.4 MB disk3s3
4: APFS Volume Recovery 528.9 MB disk3s4
5: APFS Volume VM 4.3 GB disk3s5

/dev/disk4 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *2.0 TB disk4
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk4s1
2: Apple_HFS My Media Drive 2.0 TB disk4s2

/dev/disk5 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk5
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk5s1
2: Apple_HFS MacOS Programs 499.8 GB disk5s2

/dev/disk6 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk6
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk6s1
2: Apple_HFS My Media Drive 2 999.9 GB disk6s2

/dev/disk7 (external, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.5 TB disk7
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk7s1
2: Apple_HFS Backup Storage 1.5 TB disk7s2

lukesummerscales@Lukes-iMac ~ %

Okay, there's already one glaring issue: The script is targeted at "Catalina Backup", yet that disk does not appear in this output at all, likely because it is not mounted. Obviously you can not back up to a disk that does not exist, so please attach it and run this command again.

The other thing is that there seems to be a distinction between your OS install disk and whatever "HomeDrive" is.
Could you elaborate on your disk structure a bit?
Ideally I'd like to know, for each disk in this output, what you're using it for (i.e. what you store on it). A general statement like "This is my drive where I keep all documents" will suffice. I simply need to understand more about this structure.

Currently this looks like you split stuff into several partitions, but I'm not quite clear on how that is organized. Did you follow Casey's guide to moving the home directory to another disk?

Please also specify how Carbon Copy Cloner is set up on your end. A screenshot of the main interface showing the source and target disks would be very helpful.

Last edited:
Okay, there's already one glaring issue: The script is targeted at "Catalina Backup", yet that disk does not appear in this output at all, likely because it is not mounted. Obviously you can not back up to a disk that does not exist, so please attach it and run this command again.

The other thing is that there seems to be a distinction between your OS install disk and whatever "HomeDrive" is.
Could you elaborate on your disk structure a bit?
Ideally I'd like to know, for each disk in this output, what you're using it for (i.e. what you store on it). A general statement like "This is my drive where I keep all documents" will suffice. I simply need to understand more about this structure.

Currently this looks like you split stuff into several partitions, but I'm not quite clear on how that is organized. Did you follow Casey's guide to moving the home directory to another disk?

Please also specify how Carbon Copy Cloner is set up on your end. A screenshot of the main interface showing the source and target disks would be very helpful.

Hello Byteminer,

It seems to have started working correctly again. I ran two seperate backups this evening without an issue. I will keep monitoring this and if it happens again I will certainly send you through your requested details.

Thank you for your help regardless :)

Hello Byteminer,

It seems to have started working correctly again. I ran two seperate backups this evening without an issue. I will keep monitoring this and if it happens again I will certainly send you through your requested details.

Thank you for your help regardless :)

Well, that's good to hear, though hopefully this does not turn into a Heisenbug that only appears once every blue moon :)
I suspect this may have been caused by unfortunate timing of some disk ejecting or something.

I installed Opencore 0.6.0 on my Z390 Designare 9900k. Everything works well but my HDX Pro Tools Card doesn't appear in my PCI slot. The Black Magic PCI Card appears without any problems. If anyone might have an idea? I am stuck if I cant use Pro Tools

by default HackinDROMs add in cards are specially designed for Designare.
You have to make some changes when you're using them on different platforms

Have you flashed your TB chip?

This is pastrychef's SSDT uploaded to HackinDROM, as you can see the RP is 05
View attachment 485997

This is your SSDT generated with HackinDROM which has RP21 (which is for DESIGNARE)
View attachment 485998

Try the attached .aml files please
This is the configuration I used to generate your .aml for your AIC Titan RidgeView attachment 485976

Thanks Inqnuam - These new files work for me. I can't say they work better or worse than pastrychef's at this point, but they do work. Yes, my TR card is flashed with GC-TITAN-RIDGE-NVM23-Elias64Fr.bin firmware.

Hi All,

I am still trying to sort out my problem with Zoom. In the meantime I am also trying to sort through my monitor configurations and have a few questions. For reference, I have two hackintoshes (largely the same builds except one has an rx580 and the other a 5700 xt) that are connected two two monitors. Right now both are connected to one monitor via a thunderbolt switch and they are directly connected via video ports on the GPU to the second monitor. I can provide more information if you'd like (all on f9g, CSM enabled, latest version of Catalina, DROMs flashed and both booted with OC 0.6.0). The machine with the 5700xt outputs full resolution of 3840x2160@60hz to the thunderbolt connected monitor and can connect to the second monitor via HDMI at 3840x2160@60hz and DP at 3840x2160@30hz. I cannot get the DP to connect at a higher refresh rate. The machine with the rx580 similarly outputs full resolution of 3840x2160@60hz) to the thunderbolt connected monitor but will only connect to the second monitor using an HDMI cable, not via DP. When connected via HDMI it produces 3820x2160@60.

Before I go chasing this any further, I wanted to see if this is expected behavior (the rx580 won't be able to output using both DP ports - one via TB and one direct connect) or if I somehow have a configuration problem.

Additionally, one nice thing about the TB switch is that when I switch monitors, the computer that is now disconnected acts as though it only has one monitor. When I switch my monitor input between the directly connected computers, that does not happen and the machine will display windows and allow me to scroll onto the display that is not active. Is there any nice way to change this behavior so that the hackintosh behaves as though the monitor is 'no longer there' much like disconnecting a TB connected monitor?

Thanks for all your help. I'm trying to sort this out before diving deeper into the Zoom display problems.

Best, A

Back