Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Is there any option in the UAD software or the menu bar to "Eject" or "Disconnect" the UAD device? From the crash log, it seems that the UAD driver was still trying to communicate with the device. When this crash occurs, does the entire macOS system crash, or only the UAD software?
- There is no Eject/Disconnect option.
- The entire system froze, 100%. This is identical to pre-flashed TTR, unfortunately.

@egroys,

If this crash occurs only when turning OFF the UAD Apollo, then I think this is a problem that might be easy to live with if no solution is found. Namely, turn off the Apollo after shutting down the Hackintosh.

Here are 2 more suggestions:
  • What happens if you (a) put the Hackintosh to sleep, (b) then turn off the Apollo, then (c) wake up the Hackintosh?
  • You've tried NVM 50 and NVM 23. How about NVM 33 from Designare Z390?
- Agreed! I can live with that shutdown procedure but want to be certain I've tried everything
- I will give NVM 33 a shot! Is it safe to flash it to the TTR 2.0?
- Sleep and then turning off the UA Apollo resulted in the same crash. Same thing, I have to force restart and then the device doesn't connect and will NOT HOT SWAP. I have to fully shut down and turn on to get connection.
- You are THE MAN

Last edited:
In OpenCore it is necessary not only to copy the SSDT into the OC/ACPI folder, but also to add it into config.plist. We can use OpenCore Configurator to add the file to the ACPI section.
  • Antelope Thunderbolt devices do not work under Mojave or Catalina on a Hackintosh, even with flashed firmware. Unfortunately this is the painful truth. We hope that Antelope's engineers can develop a solution...
@CaseySJ yes i did add it to the config.plist i have used propertree to add it and then i opened the config file in OpenCore Configurator to check and it is in there and it is enabled too. So i have no idea why it does not load.

Too bad for my Antelope i hoped it was only the Local Node thing really weird that it is found, and the device alse sees command interface on thunderbolt...

Hi, for me nothing has been improved from nvm33 for my system, but you can try ...
thanks @yosoyoco, well is that a modified rom or the original? if modified, what has been altered? thanks
edit: ah i see, you modified a rom but without success.
how do you use the alpine ridge now - or are you using TR only?

Rom Mod-1 is bad:
-thunderbolt port working under osx (without display, i mean that usb ports in monitor working by thunderbolt but screen not working)
-thunderbolt port full working in windows
-USB 3.1 port in thunderbolt card dont working in windows and osx
-Osx see two thunderbolt ports (i have only one in card)

Rom Mod-2 is bad too:
-the same as Mod-1 but dont working in windows.

How it looks
That's actually very good.
  • Thunderbolt bus is activated and Link Status is 0x2 (connected) and 0x7 (not connected).
  • Don't worry about two ports showing up when there's only one actual port.
  • USB-C devices may work only if they are connected before booting.
  • Thunderbolt monitor should display video if you connect DisplayPort cable from your AMD GPU to the DP-In port on the Asus TB EX-3 card.
Do you have any Thunderbolt devices (not Thunderbolt monitors)? If so, please connect them both (a) before boot and (b) after boot to check if they work and if hot-plug works.

Remember to also perform one reboot and then check USB, monitor, and Thunderbolt functionality.

Also keep in mind that flashing the Thunderbolt controller does not make it work perfectly. We have to determine what works and what doesn't, and find ways to work around the problems.

Where do I change Platform ID in OC, @CaseySJ ?

I'm on X299X, will it change my platform from MacPro7,1 to anything less desirable?

I plugged in all my test devices into MacBook Pros I have, TB3 and TB2 models and indeed I can only see Apple Thunderbolt 2 Ethernet adapter as a plugged in device under Thunderbolt details. Makes me feel better.
I absolutely do NOT recommend changing platform ID to 0x3E9B0007 if you have an AMD GPU. To test Thunderbolt, please connect a Thunderbolt device. Monitors should be driven by AMD GPUs.

- Agreed! I can live with that shutdown procedure but want to be certain I've tried everything
- I will give NVM 33 a shot! Is it safe to flash it to the TTR 2.0?
- Sleep and then turning off the UA Apollo resulted in the same crash. Same thing, I have to force restart and then the device doesn't connect and will NOT HOT SWAP. I have to fully shut down and turn on to get connection.
- You are THE MAN
Yes, it's perfectly okay to flash Designare's NVM 33 onto TTR 2.0. Our Society of Mad Scientists has already done this. Worst case, just flash the previous firmware back.

I got the log to run. I couldn’t tell if it was done or not as it would stop and start again. I didn’t get to update the bios yet sorry, I had to get ready for work

I’ve attached a photo of the log
Please try the following:
  • Flash BIOS F9g to disable CFG-Lock.
  • Check if "CSM Support" is disabled in BIOS (try it both ways: disabled first, then enabled).

@CaseySJ yes i did add it to the config.plist i have used propertree to add it and then i opened the config file in OpenCore Configurator to check and it is in there and it is enabled too. So i have no idea why it does not load.

Too bad for my Antelope i hoped it was only the Local Node thing really weird that it is found, and the device alse sees command interface on thunderbolt...
I know it's a difficult pill to swallow, but alas, c'est la vie. I do hope Antelope releases new drivers.

That's actually very good.
  • Thunderbolt bus is activated and Link Status is 0x2 (connected) and 0x7 (not connected).
  • Don't worry about two ports showing up when there's only one actual port.
  • USB-C devices may work only if they are connected before booting.
  • Thunderbolt monitor should display video if you connect DisplayPort cable from your AMD GPU to the DP-In port on the Asus TB EX-3 card.
Do you have any Thunderbolt devices (not Thunderbolt monitors)? If so, please connect them both (a) before boot and (b) after boot to check if they work and if hot-plug works.

Remember to also perform one reboot and then check USB, monitor, and Thunderbolt functionality.

Also keep in mind that flashing the Thunderbolt controller does not make it work perfectly. We have to determine what works and what doesn't, and find ways to work around the problems.

Hmmmm this is strange because:
-with orginal rom when i put pendrive (usb2) to my USB 3.1 (A) port then it work with hotplug (in windows and mac) with your rom it dont work at all.
-about the screen, i have connected my DP port from ati radeon to DP input in Thunderbolt card, as i said before in windows i have Cinema Display working but in osx not. My DP port working very well because i use older Cinema Display with normal DP cable.
- i dont have any other thunderbolt devices. But i tested the Thunderbolt Display and it working with full hotplug (usb ports in this display)

Last edited:
Back