Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ
I don't know if you have tested the beta yet but I found and fixed a bug.
Changing TB Bus ID worked well except for
0x08, 0x83, 0x80, 0x04, 0x80,

Other GUI bugs are fixed too but there's still some bugs with GUI that im working on.

Last edited:
Hello,
If you have a working SSDT of this device please upload it here I’ll add him to the database
I waiting for card to arrive(bought in Ukraine). After we will get it to work then i will send to you working config :)

Please try the following:
  • At the Clover Boot Menu, press F11 to clear NVRAM.
  • Then press spacebar to reveal various options. Use arrow keys to move down to Verbose and press spacebar again to toggle it on. Then press Esc to return to main menu.
  • Now try to boot macOS.
    • Do you see log message fill up the screen?
    • If so, grab a photo of the screen when the log stops moving.
  • Which version of BIOS are you running? It may be a good idea to upgrade to F9g in which CFG-Lock is disabled by default.

There was no message log. The status bar at the Apple logo screen filled up more quickly but still froze at fill up

my bios is at F9b. Would recommend I update now or wait until I get the system booting first?

USB issues may be separate and independent issues. If you're using several USB 2.0 devices, please see this:

If the Inland NVMe drives are working in macOS, you may continue using them unless we find a direct correlation to the USB issues (which is unlikely, but not impossible).

Man, how do you do that? Do you have an mental index of every relevant post in this entire 2500+ page thread?
:D I swear I tried searching for USB-related terms but as you can imagine 'USB' generates a lot of hits.
As usual, I am in awe of you, sir! :)

So, am I understanding correctly that the root of the issue is combining USB 2.0 and 3.x devices on the same ports? And that the goal is to keep the 2.0 devices strictly plugged into the 2.0 ports and the 3.x devices plugged into the 3.x ports?

I currently have a powered USB 3.0 hub plugged into a 3.1 port, but I do have some 2.0 stuff plugged into it.

I also have one of the NZXT internal hubs plugged into a USB header on my motherboard, I'm pretty sure that internal port is USB 3, but that NZXT hub is 2.0. So if I understand correctly that is going to be a problem.

edit: actually it looks like that internal port I have the NZXT plugged into is USB2. I ordered a powered USB 2 hub (from your list) so we will see if keeping the 2.0 and 3.0 devices separate fixes the problem. Thanks!

Last edited:
@yosoyoco hi! what works with your NVM39 for the Alpine Ridge, with which ssdt & dsdt? could you please elaborate and upload? thanks!
Hi, for me nothing has been improved from nvm33 for my system, but you can try ...

Attachments

• SSDT-AR-YO.dsl
    75.2 KB · Views: 49
  • GC-AR-YO-v39.bin.zip
    151.8 KB · Views: 45
There was no message log. The status bar at the Apple logo screen filled up more quickly but still froze at fill up

my bios is at F9b. Would recommend I update now or wait until I get the system booting first?
It's okay to update BIOS now then configure BIOS parameters according to Post #1, starting with Save & Exit --> Load Optimized Defaults.

To force the boot log messages, we can also go to Clover Boot Menu --> Options --> Boot Arguments and add "-v" to the end of those boot arguments.

I've included 3 files in the attached ZIP:
  • asus 3.0 bios original thunderbolt-MOD-1.bin
  • asus 3.0 bios original thunderbolt-MOD-2.bin
  • SSDT-TB3-RP05-CASEY.aml
Please try the following:
  1. Instal new SSDT (SSDT-TB3-RP05-CASEY.aml) and perform a cold boot.
    • Does the system behave any better than before?
    • Also please capture and post screenshot of RP05 section of IORegistryExplorer.
  2. If there are issues, then try flashing the MOD-1firmware from the attached ZIP.
    • Does the system behave any better?
  3. If not, then try flashing the MOD-2firmware.
    • Does the system behave any better?

Rom Mod-1 is bad:
-thunderbolt port working under osx (without display, i mean that usb ports in monitor working by thunderbolt but screen not working)
-thunderbolt port full working in windows
-USB 3.1 port in thunderbolt card dont working in windows and osx
-Osx see two thunderbolt ports (i have only one in card)

Rom Mod-2 is bad too:
-the same as Mod-1 but dont working in windows.

How it looks
IMG_7285.jpeg
IMG_7286.jpeg
IMG_7287.jpeg
IMG_7288.jpeg

IMG_7284.jpeg

Last edited:
Where do I change Platform ID in OC, @CaseySJ ?

I'm on X299X, will it change my platform from MacPro7,1 to anything less desirable?

I plugged in all my test devices into MacBook Pros I have, TB3 and TB2 models and indeed I can only see Apple Thunderbolt 2 Ethernet adapter as a plugged in device under Thunderbolt details. Makes me feel better.

This is actually the correct behavior, namely:
  • Connecting HDMI or DP devices will not change the Status, which will remain "No device connected". This is because video cables/monitors are not Thunderbolt devices.
  • HDMI and DP monitors will work if you change Platform ID to 0x3E9B0007. It will be necessary to use a USB-C to DisplayPort cable or a USB-C to HDMI cable.
  • When you connect a bona fide Thunderbolt device, then and only then will the Status changed to Connected.

Last edited:
It's okay to update BIOS now then configure BIOS parameters according to Post #1, starting with Save & Exit --> Load Optimized Defaults.

To force the boot log messages, we can also go to Clover Boot Menu --> Options --> Boot Arguments and add "-v" to the end of those boot arguments.

I got the log to run. I couldn’t tell if it was done or not as it would stop and start again. I didn’t get to update the bios yet sorry, I had to get ready for work

I’ve attached a photo of the log
71669748-775A-48B8-A29A-91F028555319.jpeg
71669748-775A-48B8-A29A-91F028555319.jpeg

Back