Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I am on F6, never updated since things were working great all this time :/
Maybe i should go for F9b? I read this has an option to disable Msr 0xe2 in bios?
Oh,Ah.
F9g beta, then you'll don't need to unlock MSR 0xE2

Thanks very much for getting back.
  • The monitor is new but I've been running it from my MacBook Pro with the same HDMI cable and there seems to be no issue
  • Windows is not installed on the Hackintosh unfortunately.
  • The only other port on the AMD GPU is DP which the monitor doesn't support
  • I'm not seeing agdpmod=pikera in Boot Arguments... is it possible it's not there? Again I followed the 10.15.4 or newer fresh install.
  • Checked BIOS and CSM Support was already enabled.
Please try updating Lilu and WhateverGreen to latest versions. They’re downloadable from Acidanthera’s GitHub page. Which version of Clover is installed?

Question about the supplemental flash procedure.

If I am flashing a Titan Ridge AIC, do I stay with the original instructions where we hook up Vcc to Pin 1 of the raspberry pi and split pin 17?
Correct — if the board is not powered some other way then we must power it ourselves by connecting Vcc to Pin 1 of the Pi (3V3).
Is the "low cost" clip recommended for the AIC or just for the designare?
The low cost clip is okay for the AIC as well.

Thank you @CaseySJ!!
I was on the point of abandoning the Hackintosh world.

I have exactly your equipment (Gesdignare z390, i7-9700k and Saphire Oulse RX580.

I began with the simple installation guide:

But I had problems with Bluetooth, Graphic display etc.
Also couldn't sign in to AppStore!

After reading lot of post, I managed to have all working except the reboot issue.
It was impossible to Shut down the Mac. Il always rebooted.

I had to reinstall all from the beginning because several times I changed a file at the Clover drives, it was impossible to restart it.

Finally I saw you fantastic mini-guide:

I unlock the MSR 0xE2 (I didn't find the beta F9g BIOS, the link is broken) and used BIOS
F9b:

With the Catalina already installed in the easy way, I built the EFI folder as you explain, and copy to the EFI partition of Catalina main SSD.

AND ALL IS OK!!!
THANK YOU!!!

Now it shuts down properly.

Next steps are final touches!!

Hello @CaseySJ,
Any news about Big Sur Public Beta on your "not installable" Designare ?

273C1D14-466D-49FF-AA20-E030F54B7228.jpeg

This is what I see when I select verify MSR 0xE2

what do you mean by security update?

...after the Mojave security update 2020-004 10.14.6 some users, me too, experienced problems. It took hereditarily longer to start the UAD app and the system was temporarily not usable. Only the mouse pointer could be moved.

After some time you could continue working without problems...

10.14.6 - 18G5033 is fine (security update 003) :thumbup:
10.14.6 - 18G6020 was bad (security update 004) :thumbdown

I'm noticing something new in my build after switching to OC 6.0, I have 2 monitors ( 1 DP and 1 HDMI) after a cold boot the sound options for my LG monitor (DP port) are not available, only the ones from the HDMI, sometimes have to restart even twice to make 'em appear again.

Tried to reset NVRAM many times but no luck, any ideas what else to check?

Thnks!

Back