Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Does the Focusrite work properly on a real Mac running the same version of macOS and the same drivers? That will tell us whether there's a general problem or a specific problem.
according to their tech support its rock solid....

according to their tech support its rock solid....
@jleahy2,

You have a Focusrite Clarette Thunderbolt audio controller. Although it's not the same as the Focusrite Red 16Line, can you offer any suggestions for troubleshooting the problem @PTuser has reported above?

Additional details and attachments in this post:

Last edited:
@jleahy2,

You have a Focusrite Clarette Thunderbolt audio controller. Although it's not the same as the Focusrite Red 16Line, can you offer any suggestions for troubleshooting the problem @PTuser has reported above?
Its normal that when connected to Thunderbolt it shows in PCI as Clarrett. I cleared it with Focusrite. Its the family name for the driver

If anyone want a USB programmer for the Thunderbolt chip this one works really well and has 3.3v as standard.

ARCELI CH341A Programmer USB to UART IIC SPI TTL ISP EPP/MEM Convertor Parallel Port Converter Onboard
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MPY65JN/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_UJ.iFb3T7JDP5
View attachment 482378
Looks good! It has a jumper to select 3V3.
@gazzmanzx6,

FYI, I have ordered this item from Amazon, where it is only US$10 at the moment. When it arrives I'll do a quick test and update the CH341A mini-guide.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MPY65JN/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

@CaseySJ
Was cheap enough to be worth a try.
I’ve read and written with it and it has worked first time every time.
No need for soldering or additional components, except the clip of course.
I was having very mixed results with the other CH341 USB adapter.
Hope it works for you.

@CaseySJ
Was cheap enough to be worth a try.
I’ve read and written with it and it has worked first time every time.
No need for soldering or additional components, except the clip of course.
I was having very mixed results with the other CH341 USB adapter.
Hope it works for you.
Correct — it does not come with SOIC clip, but those are also cheap and readily available. Were you able to use this on the Z390 Designare itself?

Were you able to use this on the Z390 Designare itself?

Yes and some spare chips I bought just in case!
It also has 3 VCC pins which means no need for a splitter for the 3.3v.

@CaseySJ were you ever able to patch the DROM for the Asus z490 ProArt? I cant seem to find the firmware. I am able to provide the unmodified firmware (once I figure out how to flash it, as of now I am unable to read the rom) Does the motherboard need to be powered for it to work? I havent found a clear answer on this.

Back