Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

My issue wasn't that it didn't work, mine was that Native Instruments wouldn't retain authorization after a reboot. That issue was solved by making that modification in Clover.

I'm on 10.14.6 now, as I feel it offered better performance for me personally. However, when I first installed/set this system up, I was on 10.15.x, and I didn't have any issues with NI software. : / I never tried 10.15.6, as I reverted to Mojave. Wish I could offer more advice, but I think I'll be sticking on 10.14.x for a long while.

Thank you for the response. That's ok, I'll have a chase around and see if I can get any tips on here or on the NI forums. I'll report back if I get a success. Everything else has been seamless so far.

Hi, I am thinking of doing a clean installation of macOS. I used to work this build with Mojave for 1 year and a half without problems, and obviously my installation from the point of view of EFI, kext, patch dates back to then. So I wanted to know whether to proceed with the installation with OpenCore or continue to use the classic EFI?

Besides that, I wanted to know if there is a way to disable the first PCI port, on which an Nvidia card is connected, so as to recognize only the second PCI port on which the RX580 is connected. I know the first PCI port is more powerful than the second, and I wanted to keep the Nvidia card in that port. Is there any way to do this? I have seen that such a thing already exists, but it is the opposite of what I would like.

In any case, if you have general advice on any improvement, it would be very useful for me! I'm a videomaker ...

Hello guys,
What I suggest for HackinDROM:
-remove the possibility to change Thunderbolt BUS ID for on-board controllers
-for AIC ask what is user Motherboard (Z390, Z490, Z370, X99, X299 etc.), depending their choice pic root path selector with appropriating the Mobo will be presented. (I need more informations about theses things, a SSDT example for each mobo so I can analyse them)

Why not, but I need to understand how PEGx RP and all that works before start coding.
I would recommend changing Bus ID in Thunderbolt DROM, but telling users to adapt the PCI device addresses by themselves for every board or add-in-card. If anyone has questions about the procedure, they can ask here or search.

Hi all

Does anyone know why BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.coreduet.sync.update-source-device-identifiers" doesn't let my machine sleep in 3 minutes, but rather 30/40 minutes? It's driving me mad.

I can't seem to figure out what it is, and have exhausted the sleep aid (pretty much used all the commands like Darkwake=0, TCPKeepAlive=0 etc)

Thanks

Hi, I am thinking of doing a clean installation of macOS. I used to work this build with Mojave for 1 year and a half without problems, and obviously my installation from the point of view of EFI, kext, patch dates back to then. So I wanted to know whether to proceed with the installation with OpenCore or continue to use the classic EFI?
Hello @fox4133

Do you wish to install Catalina or remain with Mojave, but only replace Clover with OpenCore?
Besides that, I wanted to know if there is a way to disable the first PCI port, on which an Nvidia card is connected, so as to recognize only the second PCI port on which the RX580 is connected. I know the first PCI port is more powerful than the second, and I wanted to keep the Nvidia card in that port. Is there any way to do this? I have seen that such a thing already exists, but it is the opposite of what I would like.
Certainly -- we simply copy one SSDT into CLOVER/ACPI/patched that disables the device in PCIe slot 1. That file is located at the bottom of Post #1. It called, appropriately, SSDT-Designare-Z390-Disable-Slot-1-GPU.aml
In any case, if you have general advice on any improvement, it would be very useful for me! I'm a videomaker ...
Over the past year and a half a lot of improvements have been made, but whether those improvement should be applied to a working system depends on at least the following:
  • If you have a full bootable backup. If such a backup does not exist, perish the thought of making changes! :)
  • Your comfort level with procedures described in various mini-guides that are listed in the Quick Reference spoiler in Post #1.
  • Some of the beneficial changes:
    • Enabling native NVRAM
    • Replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with an OpenCore-based memory driver
    • Moving all Hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions to CLOVER/kexts/Other

Hi all

Does anyone know why BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.coreduet.sync.update-source-device-identifiers" doesn't let my machine sleep in 3 minutes, but rather 30/40 minutes? It's driving me mad.

I can't seem to figure out what it is, and have exhausted the sleep aid (pretty much used all the commands like Darkwake=0, TCPKeepAlive=0 etc)

Thanks
Step 1:
Please run Activity Monitor, sort the list by % CPU, and see which apps or services are consuming a lot of CPU time. Feel free to post a screenshot.

Step 1:
Please run Activity Monitor, sort the list by % CPU, and see which apps or services are consuming a lot of CPU time. Feel free to post a screenshot.

Thanks @CaseySJ. I've attached activity monitor and have sorted it by CPU. Can't see anything untoward.

I've also (attached) sorted by 'Preventing Sleep' and have found nothing. Lastly, I've attached the terminal screenshot from when I do pmset -g assertions

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-19 at 16.07.02.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-19 at 16.07.02.png
    415.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot 2020-07-19 at 16.07.12.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-19 at 16.07.12.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 65
Thanks @CaseySJ. I've attached activity monitor and have sorted it by CPU. Can't see anything untoward.

I've also (attached) sorted by 'Preventing Sleep' and have found nothing. Lastly, I've attached the terminal screenshot from when I do pmset -g assertions
Step 2:
  • "coreduet.sync" syncs apps/data between cloud services.
  • Are you running Microsoft Office and/or Microsoft One cloud disk?
  • Try temporarily unchecking iCloud Drive from System Preferences --> Internet Accounts --> iCloud
    Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 8.23.20 AM.png
  • If problem persists, sign out from iCloud. System Preferences --> Apple ID --> Overview --> Sign Out
At this point we're not trying to solve the problem; we're only trying to identify the culprit.

Step 2:
  • "coreduet.sync" syncs apps/data between cloud services.
  • Are you running Microsoft Office and/or Microsoft One cloud disk?
  • Try temporarily unchecking iCloud Drive from System Preferences --> Internet Accounts --> iCloud
    View attachment 481015
  • If problem persists, sign out from iCloud. System Preferences --> Apple ID --> Overview --> Sign Out
At this point we're not trying to solve the problem; we're only trying to identify the culprit.

Thanks Casey.

This is a brand new install so not installed office yet. I do however have iCloud setup so will uncheck iCloud Drive for now and report back, at which point we can then sign out of iCloud all together

Hello @fox4133

Do you wish to install Catalina or remain with Mojave, but only replace Clover with OpenCore?

Certainly -- we simply copy one SSDT into CLOVER/ACPI/patched that disables the device in PCIe slot 1. That file is located at the bottom of Post #1. It called, appropriately, SSDT-Designare-Z390-Disable-Slot-1-GPU.aml

Over the past year and a half a lot of improvements have been made, but whether those improvement should be applied to a working system depends on at least the following:
  • If you have a full bootable backup. If such a backup does not exist, perish the thought of making changes! :)
  • Your comfort level with procedures described in various mini-guides that are listed in the Quick Reference spoiler in Post #1.
  • Some of the beneficial changes:
    • Enabling native NVRAM
    • Replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with an OpenCore-based memory driver
    • Moving all Hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions to CLOVER/kexts/Other
1) I would like to use Opencore as the main one, but I don't know if it is stable or otherwise, could you advise me on what to do?

-is more stable Catalina than Mojave ? I’m only interested in stability....

-I want to do a clean installation anyway

2) for the rest I will follow all that you advise me as the word of the messiah!!!

thank you for your prompt reply!

Last edited:
Back