- Mar 25, 2020
- RX 580
- Are you using Clover 5103 or newer? At the Clover Boot Menu either look along the bottom of the screen or press A for "about".
- When you say "everything freezes after 5 minutes" does this mean:
- You have already completed post-installation?
- The internal Mojave SSD contains an EFI partition with CLOVER installed?
- But when you boot from the Mojave SSD (i.e. remove USB flash disk) you can login fully to Mojave, but 5 minutes later Mojave freezes?
I got to set up this without issues on March 12 and worked without issues for 1 month. Then for some reason it started to freeze from time to time until reaching a state where it will boot and past the login screen but freeze after 5 minutes.
Tried to make a clean set up but always but it always froze at the 2 phase or while setting up the password for the user account.
After 2 weeks of struggle i sorted out to use @NoiseCoalition https://github.com/NoiseCoalition/Clover set up with a clover version on 4934. While this one allowed me to finish the post installation but still froze after 5 minutes from login screen..
After removing 2 8gbs sticks and changing ram memory frequency from 3600 to 1800, everything is working without further issue.
Regarding the questions.
- Yes, got to arrive on the post installation and boot from the SSD but after 5 minutes passed login, it will freeze.
- Yes, current set up have a EFi partition with the clover in it.
- Previously using the 32 gb at 3200mh and booting from the mojave ssd, i was able to login fully to mojave and freezing after 5 minutes.