Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

People are also confirming that OTG adaptors work too. They’re super cheap, 4 for under $10. Trying to find some usb a to a so I can just buy one for every usb 2 device.
What is an « OTG » adapter?

Thanks,

Patrice

**OK, found : On-the-go. However, not easy to find A to A...

Last edited:
Once you have whittled it down to how many peripherals, hubs, ports you are going to use you must then create a new SSDT making sure that USB3 is just that: USB3 ONLY and it is NOT sharing as a USB2 port.

This makes sense and sounds great! I'd like to do this as well as using the card. I'm sorry to ask but can you (or someone who knows) please share a link or a how to on creating this new SSDT? Thanks in advance.

This makes sense and sounds great! I'd like to do this as well as using the card. I'm sorry to ask but can you (or someone who knows) please share a link or a how to on creating this new SSDT? Thanks in advance.
There is also a newer version using Hackintool but read this first for the background explanation.

You could also modify the one already present in the first post.

Hello, all I've been lurking for a while and enjoying seeing this all play out. I'm just about to fire on a new system, I'm looking at going for:

• Designare Z390
  • i9 9900k
  • 500gb Samsung Evo Plus (will check firmware version)
  • Corsair RM650i
  • 32gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4
  • Corsair iCue case
  • Corsair AIO cooler
I get a discount through a friend on Corsair stuff but I'm not particularly tied to it as a brand. I'm looking at making the order through Scan. I'm based in the UK.

I can get a Fenvi T919 from amazon, but if anyone can recommend anything else I could get through Scan for less than ~£50 that'd be very welcome. This will just be for hand-off/continuity stuff I plan on using ethernet for the connection.

Thanks in advance
Sam
Your Fenvi will be fine as long as it's inserted in the correct USB port and mapped correctly. I had the same problem.

@phrfpeixoto , @CaseySJ ,

Hello guys thank you for answering.
I have to admit I'm desperate !!!
Just received my brand new Fenvi-T919.

It does not work neither.
The computer runs perfectly fine without it, on Windows and on Mac (No Bluetooth on Mac- and Ethernet Wired).
It just runs the POST test perfectly only once without it. Then never runs it again.

So this morning I tried plugging my brand new Fenvi-T-919, shopped from Amazon- Delivered from Fenvi Source.
The computer does not pass the POST test on it.
However if I plug in, after the Post Test has been done on the rest of the PC (fenvi Unplugged) the card will work (WIFI and BT works well). But, it will only work for 1 single boot. Which means when I shutdown the computer, it will try to run post test and not work, boot Looping.
I tried Clearing CMOS, which did not solve the problem.
I tried plugging into the PCI-Ex1 Slot which did not solve the problem.

Here are some Videos to help you understand the problem.

What can I do, I'm Desperate, and really rely on you help and your hands. :(
What can I test more ?

Thank you

Make sure your SSDT only has HS11 Internal - get rid of HS12.
Plug into the internal port like this:
IMG_1481.jpeg

Sorry just edited the OP, it doesn't work with Safari, but works fine with Firefox.

I click allow when the pop-up within Safari comes up, but still nothing (either says 'Can't find your location', or doesn't load)
Safari preferences in System Prefs, Security & Privacy. Sometimes Safari would turn off the location services if not found immediately, try switching it back and on try again.

Attached mine above - simple copy n paste ;)
Oh well, should always wear my glasses and put my brain to « on »...:mrgreen:

@ziggenpuss : could you share your EFI for my "collection"? Having as much as possible configs available for my build could help if I encounter bugs. So I can try different configs as I’m a lazy guy...:p

I’ll share mine once I get the time to assemble the damned thing! Busy now building a fence in our yard. Girlfriend priority is not Hackintosh...

Last edited:
Oh well, should always wear my glasses and put my brain to « on »...:mrgreen:

@ziggenpuss : could you share your EFI for my "collection"? Having as much as possible configs available for my build could help if I encounter bugs. So I can try different configs as I’m a lazy guy...:p

I’ll share mine once I get the time to assemble the damned thing! Busy now building a fence in our yard. Girlfriend priority is not Hackintosh...
I'd happily share - but not sure if it will you give more probs than your gf ;)
I think the key to this hackintosh game is understanding what you've got and build your EFI around it.

Back