Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi All. Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I tried the search feature for the thread and got things that clearly were not from this thread, so I'll ask. I had my Mojave build on a 1TB SSD internal on my Hackintosh (@CaseySJ 's build) and it's working great. I got a 2TB SSD and used carbon copy cloner to migrate the OS. Worked fine. However, if I don't have original boot drive plugged in, the machine just goes to BIOS and sits there. I assume I'm missing the bootloader, but I wanted to know if it's possible to install just the partitions I need without wiping the 2TB SSD (since I've been working on it for months).

Also, if anyone can point to or just list quickly what the steps are for updating the new SSD and what needs to be there so I can free it up, I'd greatly appreciate it. When I started on this build, there were maybe 50 pages on this thread...now there are 2300 and yikes. Hard to swing back into it.

Thanks very much for any help.

I'm going to reply to my own message, and maybe it will help others. It's been a long time since I've messed around with this and I had forgotten that there is an EFI partition that needed the boot files! Opening Clover allowed me to mount it on both the new and old drive and a simple drag-copy worked perfectly. I solved my own issue (and am very pleased with that) but hopefully it'll help others in the future too. Thank you, all.

@CaseySJ the June 20 updates included at the top of extra miles section describing symbios and platform id are a little confusing to me. For Catalina 10.15.5 are you now suggesting hackintool over a clover device entry or is the left over from earlier days? Ideally I have an RX590 installed, I'd like to run 10.15.5 headless with a 19,1 model. Will this device definition in clover cover or are changes needed? What tool were you using to validate graphics operating modes? I've forgotten what it was.

Ive also attached a hackintool screen.
We're simply trying to make the case further in favor of iMac19,1 and platform ID 0x3E980003 (headless) with iGPU enable and discrete AMD GPU installed.

hello someone might still have the original frames for the designer 390 I unfortunately do not have them anymore and I can not find them in the network anymore I am very happy about the help thank you can I take this original firmware for the designer 390? GIGABYTE_GC_TITAN_RIDGE_TR_HR_4C_C1_rev43_W_TI_1_38_s_I don't find another

hello someone might still have the original frames for the designer 390 I unfortunately do not have them anymore and I can not find them in the network anymore I am very happy about the help thank you can I take this original firmware for the designer 390? GIGABYTE_GC_TITAN_RIDGE_TR_HR_4C_C1_rev43_W_TI_1_38_s_I don't find another
Please see my previous reply.
The original Thunderbolt firmware is in the red box.

Do you know how you would change these settings if you built using OpenCore? I'm having an issue with my build where Native Access isn't working (the icon just disappears from the dock right away) and I'm wondering if it's the same issue. I don't use Clover though. Thanks!

I'm not sure it'll help, sadly - I'm running OC, and Native Access is working fine (and I don't have to reauthorise every boot), which might point to it being something else with your system. Sorry not to be more helpful

red box?
I have formatted the laptop where the file was on it with boot disk utiliti kp as it is pasirt

Yes, see what has a red box around it. Look for that in Post 1 for the link to the file.

Tomorrow we will meet the successor to macOS Catalina. It won't be available until the fall (autumn), but it will leave Mojave further behind. Many Mojave users are forced to stay there because of 32-bit plug-ins needed for professional work.

Is there any indication that developers of 32-bit plug-ins and 32-bit applications are migrating to 64-bit? In other words, if you're running Mojave today, how much longer do you intend to remain on Mojave?

I noticed I have a weird entry in my boot arguments:
Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 16.35.15.png

debug=0x100

is it something I still need? What does it do?
I don't see it in other screenshots in this thread!

thanks

I noticed I have a weird entry in my boot arguments:
View attachment 477322
debug=0x100

is it something I still need? What does it do?
I don't see it in other screenshots in this thread!

thanks
You don't need it, but it's not hurting anything. It simply shows a debug screen in the event of a kernel panic.

Back