Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Are they insane? Is this the same group of people that are developing OpenCore? If Apple shuts them down, how will that affect future OpenCore development?

opencore-computer.jpg

Are they insane? Is this the same group of people that are developing OpenCore?

The company selling these Hackintoshes seems to have appropriated the name of the open-source bootloader, and has no affiliation to the developers of OpenCore.

So no.

Is this the same group of people that are developing OpenCore? If Apple shuts them down, how will that affect future OpenCore development?
The OC developers should notify them to stop using their name and logo on these. The company website of the PC builder doesn't give any physical location so they may be in a country where it's much more difficult to prosecute them for doing this. The local laws/courts in some countries completely dismiss Apple's EULA and let sellers get away with this illegal activity.

Two things strike me about this OpenCore story:

1) Sadly it raises our heads above the parapet. Suddenly Hackintoshing might be seen as a threat and prompt Apple to take action.

2) That is one very nice-looking PC case!

1) Sadly it raises our heads above the parapet. Suddenly Hackintoshing might be seen as a threat and prompt Apple to take action.
Yes this is the more troubling aspect because it affects the rest of us. It does seem, however, that Hackintosh expands the Apple ecosystem, which in turn means more sales of iOS, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and AirPlay devices. And more sales of Final Cut, Motion, Logic Pro, and other apps from the Mac App Store (where Apple gets a 30% cut). Without Hackintosh we might (a) not buy Macs at all or (b) be forced to buy a Mac that does not meet our needs or budgets (hence increasing consumer dissatisfaction). Hackintosh is a win-win for both sides...

Yes this is the more troubling aspect because it affects the rest of us. It does seem, however, that Hackintosh expands the Apple ecosystem, which in turn means more sales of iOS, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and AirPlay devices. And more sales of Final Cut, Motion, Logic Pro, and other apps from the Mac App Store (where Apple gets a 30% cut). Without Hackintosh we might (a) not buy Macs at all or (b) be forced to buy a Mac that does not meet our needs or budgets (hence increasing consumer dissatisfaction). Hackintosh is a win-win for both sides...

Spot on :thumbup:

It does seem curious that this new company chose to purloin the OpenCore name. Most folk who buy ready-made Hackintoshes come here asking how to turn it on (then get banned), so naming their company after an esoteric piece of bootloader software is a peculiar choice ...

Spot on :thumbup:

It does seem curious that this new company chose to purloin the OpenCore name. Most folk who buy ready-made Hackintoshes come here asking how to turn it on (then get banned), so naming their company after an esoteric piece of bootloader software is a peculiar choice ...
lols!

also they take bitcoin.. only :)

When running GeekBench, all other applications should be closed. We should also wait a few hours after installing macOS because Spotlight can take some time to index all your files. Also check CPU temperatures using HWMonitorSMC2 (can be downloaded from here).

Regarding Cinebench, are you running Cinebench 20.060?

• Which Thunderbolt devices have you tried?
  • Have you checked System Information --> PCI for the existence of the Titan Ridge Thunderbolt controller?

I've tried it again and have gotta slightly better result at 1234/7331
As for Cinebench, yes I am using Cinebench 20.060 (I posted new results with all apps closed)

I have Lacie drives with thunderbolt capabilities but they're not even showing up. Nothing called Titan Ridge Controller in System Information.

Under HWMonitor, all my cores seems to be recognized from Core 0-7 + Diode. I don't know if that's I'm looking for.
Lastly, my handoff seems to not work as well when Airdrop, Bluetooth, and Wifi work fine (running Fenvi T919).

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 4.42.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 4.42.30 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 4.45.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 4.45.34 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 4.58.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 4.58.58 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 5.02.08 PM.png