Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I've been having a recurring issue.. happens once every day or two, where ALL of my USB ports just go offline.
Unplugging and replugging usb cables doesn't help. all I can do is reboot.

Anyone else seen this?
Yes. Was happening to me. I rolled back USBInjectall.kext to 0.7.1 and the issue is gone for me.

Nope! Because the ZIP file there only contains ACPI files, kexts, and UEFI drivers. Clover is still downloaded and installed manually.
Ahh a very very fair point... I totally didn't even think about the boot loader it self... silly oversight.

Yes. Was happening to me. I rolled back USBInjectall.kext to 0.7.1 and the issue is gone for me.
Not for me. Only issue rolling back to 0.7.1 resolved, was allowing bluetooth functionality to be restored. USB dropping out remains unchanged.

Is the Corsair all-in-one liquid cooler connected to the internal USB 2 header (F_USB)? If so, try disconnecting it (temporarily) to see if the system can stay asleep.
okay im going to try that now

Is the Corsair all-in-one liquid cooler connected to the internal USB 2 header (F_USB)? If so, try disconnecting it (temporarily) to see if the system can stay asleep.
so i disconnected it and it stayed asleep!!! what do i do now?

so i disconnected it and it stayed asleep!!! what do i do now?
If you're not using iCue on Mac, you can try dialing the USB port on which the Corsair connects. Just edit your USB SSDT or USBPorts.kext and remove that port. Keep a backup copy.

*** OpenCore 0.5.7 / 0.5.8 / 0.5.9 Mini-Guide for Designare Z390 ***
(Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link instead.)

Thank you for the detailed guide! I recently built my Hackintosh and everything seems to run very smooth except for a few things.

1. My system seems to be throttling.
I have a 17-9700k CPU and both Geekbench & Cinebench scores seem very low. Not to mention that Cinebench score only recognizes my machine as 4cores when I have 8.

2. Neither of my thunderbolt ports do not work hot-plugged or not.

I'm still very new to this community and this was my first build so I might have missed something. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 10.02.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 10.02.20 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 12.11.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 12.11.20 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 12.23.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 12.23.14 PM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 66
Not for me. Only issue rolling back to 0.7.1 resolved, was allowing bluetooth functionality to be restored. USB dropping out remains unchanged.
USB dropping out here with 0.7.1 on Mojave. Rolled back to 0.6.9 for s*&ts and giggles- will report any success.

Thank you for the detailed guide! I recently built my Hackintosh and everything seems to run very smooth except for a few things.

1. My system seems to be throttling.
I have a 17-9700k CPU and both Geekbench & Cinebench scores seem very low. Not to mention that Cinebench score only recognizes my machine as 4cores when I have 8.
When running GeekBench, all other applications should be closed. We should also wait a few hours after installing macOS because Spotlight can take some time to index all your files. Also check CPU temperatures using HWMonitorSMC2 (can be downloaded from here).

Regarding Cinebench, are you running Cinebench 20.060?
2. Neither of my thunderbolt ports do not work hot-plugged or not.
  • Which Thunderbolt devices have you tried?
  • Have you checked System Information --> PCI for the existence of the Titan Ridge Thunderbolt controller?

Back