Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

So next go around for the AML file, I just hand typed the changes I needed for those five green bytes (I didn't copy and paste) and then checked the CRC. In the AML file with MacIASL, I hand typed those values in and the CRC value, hit compile and then saved it. Don't know if I got that right.

The CRC value was 9A, and the five byte values I put in were: 0x91, 0xE3, 0x72, 0x07, 0x96

Can you check and see what you think?

You do not need to copy and paste but you do need the entire row so:

0x00, 0x91, 0xE3, 0x72, 0x07, 0x96, 0x00,
0x00,

new check 0x6B

Last edited:
So, @CaseySJ

I modded my GC-Titan Ridge card and everything went fine. All the checksums were perfect, and the file I used (Elias NVM50 14B) copied perfectly. I had previously reviewed the file: SSDT-X299-TB3HP_CaseySJ.aml, so I was hopeful.

That version of NVM50 caused me all kinds of problems. I ran the Designare NVM33 for a while, but I'm currently running NVM50 (GC-TITAN-RIDGE_rev50_Elias64Fr) from the post below. This has given me the best results, consistently. I'm running 2 4K monitors through the GC-Titan Ridge, one over DP of Titan Ridge and one over TB3.
Edit- Also running CalDigit TS3 Plus dock- no problems.

Last edited:
That version of NVM50 caused me all kinds of problems. I ran the Designare NVM33 for a while, but I'm currently running NVM50 (GC-TITAN-RIDGE_rev50_Elias64Fr) from the post below. This has given me the best results, consistently. I'm running 2 4K monitors through the GC-Titan Ridge, one over DP of Titan Ridge and one over TB3.

First of all, thanks! But I also want to make clear that my newly flashed TB card is not disfunctional, it works. I just preferred the way it worked with it's default OEM firmware. As I now can flash my card, I will probably try NVM 50 and NVM33.

This is an experiment, and worthwhile just for that sake. I applaud @CaseySJ, @scottkendall, @Elias64Fr and you, @gandem for trying to make all this better for everyone. We'll see how it goes from here.

Thanks to all of you who replied!

Hi, having been a long time reader of thread now looking to try to designare to work with my 2x Thunderbolt displays. To avoid flashing firmware, I’ve got a gigabyte alpine ridge add in card - should this work without flashing firmware and do I possibly need to bridge some jumpers given no TB header on m/ board.

OMG! Drool... NZXT's new Kraken Z63 and X53 all-in-one coolers.

Hi does anybody know if the KRAKEN Z63 is compatible with HACKINTOSH? THX

Hello,

For of all, I want to thanks @CaseySJ for the very complete tutorial.

I followed the first post carefully, then used Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.4 and Newer to install MacOS. After that, I finished with a very powerful and working great Hackintosh!

But I had some sleep issues, so I also followed Consolidated List of Sleep Aids for Gigabyte Z390 Designare, and it turned out that it was the native NVRAM that wasn't correctly enabled, and also the CORSAIR HYDRO Series H115i PRO USB connector, after disconnecting it, the sleep works great now.

Now I have too serious issues:
1- Clock issue: After reboot, the time is reset to 2014, and after a sleep, the time is frozen. For example, if the time was 03:25 pm, after 1H sleep, the time is still the same... After opening the time settings it synchronize with internet and then I can have the correct time. It is very annoying since nothing works as expected when the clock is not correct (disconnecting from every websites, docker won't start, ...)
2- Wifi/Bluetooth issue: randomly after reboot, and after every sleep, the Wifi is very slow (10 instead of 150 Mbps), and the bluetooth also (the magic mouse and the airpods hangs a lot). I have the Fenvi HB1200 Wifi PCI card.
PS: I tried to disable/enable both Wake for Network Access/Power Nap, doesn't help at all.

Do you have any idea how to fix these issues?

I also tried the CalDigit TS3 Plus dock but ran into a couple issues.
1. Need to restart on cold boot otherwise it shows ‘No drivers loaded’ (I believe this is well known?)
2. Display out does not work using the DisplayPort or a usb c to hdmi cable using the dock.

Other than that the dock worked great but I returned it and I’m trying another one since I had issues with display out over the second thunderbolt port on my MacBook Pro .

Did you have your other monitor connected to the dock?

Hello,

For of all, I want to thanks @CaseySJ for the very complete tutorial.

I followed the first post carefully, then used Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.4 and Newer to install MacOS. After that, I finished with a very powerful and working great Hackintosh!

But I had some sleep issues, so I also followed Consolidated List of Sleep Aids for Gigabyte Z390 Designare, and it turned out that it was the native NVRAM that wasn't correctly enabled, and also the CORSAIR HYDRO Series H115i PRO USB connector, after disconnecting it, the sleep works great now.

Now I have too serious issues:
1- Clock issue: After reboot, the time is reset to 2014, and after a sleep, the time is frozen. For example, if the time was 03:25 pm, after 1H sleep, the time is still the same... After opening the time settings it synchronize with internet and then I can have the correct time. It is very annoying since nothing works as expected when the clock is not correct (disconnecting from every websites, docker won't start, ...)
2- Wifi/Bluetooth issue: randomly after reboot, and after every sleep, the Wifi is very slow (10 instead of 150 Mbps), and the bluetooth also (the magic mouse and the airpods hangs a lot). I have the Fenvi HB1200 Wifi PCI card.
PS: I tried to disable/enable both Wake for Network Access/Power Nap, doesn't help at all.

Do you have any idea how to fix these issues?
Hello @tdarkc

Some immediate suggestions that come to mind:
  • Clock Issue: Try replacing the coin battery on the motherboard or checking its battery strength.
  • WiFi/Bluetooth Issue: Try connecting the antenna that comes in the Designare box instead of using the antennas that come with the Fenvi. Then reposition the antenna to see if the signal strength improves.

Hi does anybody know if the KRAKEN Z63 is compatible with HACKINTOSH? THX
The Kraken liquid cooler works independently of the operating system, so I think your question is whether we can control the fans, pump, and lighting/LED effects from macOS. The answer to that is not yet. There is a Python-based app called liquidctl that works with the previous generation Kraken coolers, but a driver for the new Z63 has not yet been developed. The driver is pending, however.

Soon liquidctl version 1.4.0 will be released. Among other enhancements, it will support the new X series: X53, X63, X73. It may also support Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0.

Back