Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!
May I try your new firmware? GC-titan-ridge.

I’m using nvm50 in this post.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 pro wifi
CPU
Graphics
vega56
I’m using nvm50 in this post.

The second GC-TITAN-RIDGE-NVM50-Elias64Fr-14B.bin.zip This one?

Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
Intel Core i9-9900K
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB
Hey, my system is running perfectly smooth without one exeption. I just gut my Fenvi-T919 Wireless Adapter. WiFi gets recognized straight away. Only thing that's not showing is Bluetooth. I checked the Devices, and, under Bluetooth, it says no device found. Which is important, I installed it 1 month after installing. So maybe I did something that has been necessary during installation.

Also, only the USB3.0 Ports of my Fractal Design R6 Case are working properly. Maybe it has something to do with that? i installed the card and also connected the wire to the front USB header on the Motherboard. @CaseySJ Do you know any help?

EDIT

Okay, I think its because the USB2.0 Header is deactivated. Is there a way to check that? Also, can I add the LG LCD Monitor|LG|32UL950-W to the Components List? It's working 100%
I have a similar issue. Were you ever able to resolve the bluetooth issue?

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ

I ask here a quick question as you're quite knowledgeable with Thunderbolt.
I'm installing an ASRock Thunderbolt 3 AIC device in an Asus Prime X299-A II.
The device seem to work nicely with SSDT and hot plug working.
Issue is when I wake from sleep such system with the Thunderbolt 3 card installed the system reboots.
If I remove such Thunderbolt 3 card the system wakes from sleep as expected without any issue.

All of this because I can't find Gigabyte Titan Ridge cards at the moment.
Is there anything I can try to fix this issue?
Thanks a lot.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra
CPU
i7-9900K
Graphics
RX 570
Well fellas, I went ahead and upgraded my personal Mojave installation to 10.15.4 using Casey's mini guide "Mojave to Catalina", then cloned my drive to my friends new SSD. Booted into his SSD, reset Clover's default boot, created his account & deleted mine, and have had zero issues, with everything working 100%. I have no idea why, but I was having too many issues with a clean install.

Also, I ended up using terminal and Console app to watch for those USB drop outs on friends clean install. Would restart after a drop out and head to /var/ to open the system log, and every time I restarted the machine after a drop out, a portion of the logs (from the time of the drop out until Console started recording at next boot) was missing. So there was no way to tell what the heck was going on. Anyway, everything's up and running and I feel better about delivering this to him. Thanks a lot for the help here!
I assume you generated a new SMBIOS and serial number for your friend‘s install!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ

I ask here a quick question as you're quite knowledgeable with Thunderbolt.
I'm installing an ASRock Thunderbolt 3 AIC device in an Asus Prime X299-A II.
The device seem to work nicely with SSDT and hot plug working.
Issue is when I wake from sleep such system with the Thunderbolt 3 card installed the system reboots.
If I remove such Thunderbolt 3 card the system wakes from sleep as expected without any issue.

All of this because I can't find Gigabyte Titan Ridge cards at the moment.
Is there anything I can try to fix this issue?
Thanks a lot.
Please check the following first:
  • Is the Thunderbolt header connected to X299-A II? I'm not familiar with this board, but I assume it has a THB_C header.
  • If no Thunderbolt device are connected to the card, does the system wake properly from sleep?
  • Are you using a suitably modified Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT?
    • If unsure, simply run IORegistryExplorer, scroll to the Thunderbolt section and post a screenshot.
  • Are you using a Thunderbolt monitor?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare (F9H BIOS)
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I assume you generated a new SMBIOS and serial number for your friend‘s install!

I did sir! But also, I spoke too soon... It happened to be working so well last night! When I got up this morning to finish some app installs, USB froze 5 minutes into using it. I believe it has something to do with the M.2 drive we have, which is an Inland Premium 1TB 3D NAND NVME, Micro Center. My personal install is on a PNY SSD plugged in through the front slots of my Cooler Master HAF EVO case, has been for years and has never failed me. Sooo thinking I might need to just keep that M.2 there for extra storage and get an SSD... thoughts?

Link to m.2:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did sir! But also, I spoke too soon... It happened to be working so well last night! When I got up this morning to finish some app installs, USB froze 5 minutes into using it. I believe it has something to do with the M.2 drive we have, which is an Inland Premium 1TB 3D NAND NVME, Micro Center. My personal install is on a PNY SSD plugged in through the front slots of my Cooler Master HAF EVO case, has been for years and has never failed me. Sooo thinking I might need to just keep that M.2 there for extra storage and get an SSD... thoughts?

Link to m.2:
It would be unlikely for Inland NVMe SSD to impact USB stability. But if you have another NVMe SSD readily available, certainly give it a try.

When you say USB port "froze" what do you mean? What were the symptoms? Was it just one port? If the USB device connected to that port is moved to another port, does it work on the new port?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare (F9H BIOS)
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It would be unlikely for Inland NVMe SSD to impact USB stability. But if you have another NVMe SSD readily available, certainly give it a try.

When you say USB port "froze" what do you mean? What were the symptoms? Was it just one port? If the USB device connected to that port is moved to another port, does it work on the new port?

I'd have to go pick up another one today, I don't currently have any on hand. When "freezing" occurs, all of the USB ports effectively turn off. It happens at random intervals. Could be minutes, or hours until USB "freeze" occurs. Keyboard and mouse stop working, and if I plug in a thumb drive with an indicator light, it doesn't come on and doesn't mount. This applies to all USB ports, as I've plugged in and out of all of them after a freeze.

My keyboard is a Steel Series Apex and mouse is a Roccat Kone XTD. When unplugged and replugged after freezing occurs, all lights are shut off. However, the OS itself doesn't freeze. The clock still runs, console still scrolls messages, and Activity Monitor shows activity. I've tried multiple different versions of the necessary kexts, also.