Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

mac mini 2020 works perfectly but also has no grounding cable what do you think your grounding problem is?

@CaseySJ Hello Sir!
A question about OpenCore.
(i'm using NDK-OpenCore-0.5.8 for Designare Z390 - NVRAM.zip with my custom Thunderbolt DROM)
How to update kexts in OpenCore? Just replace the old versions of kexts with the new ones? Nothing to change in config.plist or somewhere else?

I want to update macOS from 10.15.4 to 10.15.5, in my case what i need to do please?
  • Updating kexts is easy -- as long as the file name is the same, we can just copy new kext (no need to change OpenCore config.plist)
  • Before updating to 10.15.5, update your 10.15.4 backup.

Hi Stork, sure I will post my efforts on this motherboard here. One thing I want to mention is that I previously experienced system random blackout or freezing problems with the AMD RX 5700 XT on Windows (I know it is kinda weird to talk about issues on Windows here), which made me had to replace my 50th-anniversary edition to the Gigabyte OC 5700XT, which still experienced hardware failures and AMD driver issues randomly until I updated my BIOS to 0603 version - the latest version that is just released yesterday. If you have a similar problem with your new motherboard, you may want to update your BIOS to the latest version as well. For me, the latest version does fix my issues for both 5700XT graphics cards. I am now considering return one of my 5700XT.:think::think::think:
Not wanting to hijack @CaseySJ's thread, I think we should open a new thread in Catalina Desktop Support to debug our installation (referencing CaseySJ so as to solicit his help). Then, once we get it running, open up a thread in either Catalina Desktop Guides or User Builds forum sections.

So I am testing OC instead of Clover. I was using the USBports.kext solution with some success with Clover for the last couple of weeks, but this doesn't work with OC? USB doesn't work at all when I remove USBInject and put my Clover USBports.kext in.

The default USBInjectAll solution in OC works, but I see unused USB ports because it is not specifically adapted to my rig.
I can remove these extra ports with the uiac partner file, but I liked the simpler USBports solution that also nicely remedied my low current port problem.

So I am testing OC instead of Clover. I was using the USBports.kext solution with some success with Clover for the last couple of weeks, but this doesn't work with OC? USB doesn't work at all when I remove USBInject and put my Clover USBports.kext in.

The default USBInjectAll solution in OC works, but I see unused USB ports because it is not specifically adapted to my rig.
I can remove these extra ports with the uiac partner file, but I liked the simpler USBports solution that also nicely remedied my low current port problem.
I also updated my config.plist as well with my usbports.kext. Did you do that as well?

Not wanting to hijack @CaseySJ's thread, I think we should open a new thread in Catalina Desktop Support to debug our installation (referencing CaseySJ so as to solicit his help). Then, once we get it running, open up a thread in either Catalina Desktop Guides or User Builds forum sections.

If all is well can we make a thread "Pro Audio Interface Help Thread" with @jiffyslot. I have no intention of answering every question but like you suggested, it be nice to have a spot for this.

No. What should I update exactly?
Just add the entry in your OC config.plist like you did for your other kexts. You just will not have an executable path for the USBports.kext.

No. What should I update exactly?
Have you specified the PlistPath correctly and blanked out ExecutablePath?

XML:
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Add</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>USBPorts.kext</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Custom USB port Map</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>