Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello @CaseySJ
According to your guide, I have successfully swiped in the firmware (GC-TITAN-RIDGE-NVM23-Elias64 Fr.bin )
and use this SSDT (ssdt-tbolt3-rp05-port7-gc-titan- RIDGE.aml )
36ADBB65-7A98-458E-87E4-3DF5670E77E4.png

Thunderbolt Bus has come out
CD334C14-C162-4B05-AF57-B5387049F26C.png

But it's empty.
D2B17A28-D0B3-4CE7-B060-CD50074DBA73.png

Last edited:
Hi Casey,

I'm needing help with all of my USB ports shutting off after about an hour or less of no activity. I followed your Mini-Guide for a fresh 10.15.4 install to a T. I removed the two limit port patches from config after thinking that might fix the issue, but nothing. Updated all kexts to the most recent versions I could find. Clover is at r5118. Building this system for a guy since I have years of experience doing it, and this one has stumped me. Otherwise, it's booting up and operating normally. Sleep and everything else works. My personal build is identical and have used Mojave on it with Pro Tools and Thunderbolt for years now, and will upgrade to Catalina soon as this issue is worked out. Have any thoughts?

z390 Designare, F9H BIOS, 32 gigs ram, i7-9700k, Gigabyte RX 5700.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ - Ah, I was under the presumption letter f/g/h would be a new build and the last was a 'stable' build.. h it is then..
I still have F9g from a week or so ago. No issues as far as I can tell. In many cases new firmware versions add features or update microcode, but don't really fix anything of consequence (i.e. there generally aren't any sufficiently high priority bugs).

Hi Casey,

I'm needing help with all of my USB ports shutting off after about an hour or less of no activity. I followed your Mini-Guide for a fresh 10.15.4 install to a T. I removed the two limit port patches from config after thinking that might fix the issue, but nothing. Updated all kexts to the most recent versions I could find. Clover is at r5118. Building this system for a guy since I have years of experience doing it, and this one has stumped me. Otherwise, it's booting up and operating normally. Sleep and everything else works. My personal build is identical and have used Mojave on it with Pro Tools and Thunderbolt for years now, and will upgrade to Catalina soon as this issue is worked out. Have any thoughts?

z390 Designare, F9H BIOS, 32 gigs ram, i7-9700k, Gigabyte RX 5700.
Hello @ssccrab,

This might be a tricky issue to fix. In one particular instance the user had to replace their motherboard. That may be an extreme case, so first try this:

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 6.04.40 AM.png

ziggenpuss I have this make not boot thunderbolt this setting you can send me you efi ?
Please post your EFI instead and we can check it for you. Also note that latest UAD firmware must be installed on the Apollo itself. I believe this is done in Windows. And of course latest UAD drivers must be installed on macOS.

I still have F9g from a week or so ago. No issues as far as I can tell. In many cases new firmware versions add features or update microcode, but don't really fix anything of consequence (i.e. there generally aren't any sufficiently high priority bugs).
@CaseySJ Yes, I've gone for the update solely for CFG Lock as it's one less thing to think about when tinkering.

Back