Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
@scottkendall,

Thank you. I should have thought of that!

I'll report back how things go after my upgrade to 10.15.5 and the new RBoost.v1.6+VEGA.

Lam

Hi All,

Ok... After upgrading to 10.15.5 I ran the GB5 Metal and OpenCL tests with and without my newly modified "RadeonBoost-v1-6+Vega.kext" (attached and created using @scottkendall's suggestion) and compared them to my 10.15.4 install.

For reference, here are my 10.15.4 results with RBoost:

The result...no need for RadeonBoost anymore. The two GB5 results on 10.15.5 without RBoost is within 1.5% of my best results on 10.15.4 with "RadeonBoost-v1-4+Vega.kext". I also wanted to note that I upgraded to the newest Lilu/WhateverGreen/etc. prior to my 10.15.5 upgrade.

Lam

Attachments

• RadeonBoost-v1-6+Vega.kext.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 62
Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega FE Liquid
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

Ok... After upgrading to 10.15.5 I ran the GB5 Metal and OpenCL tests with and without my newly modified "RadeonBoost-v1-6+Vega.kext" (attached and created using @scottkendall's suggestion) and compared them to my 10.15.4 install.

The result...no need for RadeonBoost anymore. The two GB5 results on 10.15.5 without RBoost is within 1.5% of my best results on 10.15.4 with "RadeonBoost-v1-4+Vega.kext". I also wanted to note that I upgraded to the newest Lilu/WhateverGreen/etc. prior to my 10.15.5 upgrade.

Lam
Hi lambusser are you on Clover or Opencore? TIA

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Hello @Elias64Fr,

Just got a chance to examine your modified NVM 50. Regarding SubsystemID, are you referring to these three bytes? If so, does this make a functional difference or a cosmetic difference on the Designare Z390? In other words, if these 3 bytes are not changed, what effect do you observe?
View attachment 473393
Bonjour @CaseySJ

as said, all modifications are minors. These SubsystemID modifications (as defined on your screenshot) are only to identify Designare system, I didn't test without it but I think It would have no functional effect.

We could easily directly flash Z490 Vision D firmware with same result :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

Lam
This might be the results seen for a Vega but I can tell you there is no change in the GB5 results from 10.15.4 to 10.15.5 for my RX 5700 XT. I tested both OpenCL and Metal by recovering my drive from my backup and testing again. The upgrade is not changing my numbers at all.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Hello! Can you please send me an EFI or OpenCore folder for the Designare Z390 with an SSDT so that Thunderbolt is displayed correctly. I have tried it for almost 3 weeks without any result with the last bottle I have scraped the board but luckily a new one I would be really happy about a point or I have to bottle it so that it is not recognized as a PCI or that it works with a correct SSDT, please help
Catalina 10.15.3

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon VII
When the installer starts, you'll need to run Disk Utility from inside the installer, select your target Catalina NVMe SSD, and format it.

Has anyone had problems at this stage with USB input devices not working properly? I've tried all the usb inputs on my machine for a mouse and an Apple Keyboard. No mouse seems to work, and keyboard arrows work, but I can't even press Return to engage the "Continue" button.

Followed all instructions on the Miniguide up until this point.

I'm noob-ish, but I had this build up and running in Mojave for a few months now, and I know my way around Clover pretty well. Is there something dumb that I am looking past?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Oh. My. God.

With Designare PSU cable unplugged I was able to read the flashrom 3 times but once i made a checksum i got 3 different
checksum different.png

Then i plugged the cable and push the button ON:
checksum ok.png

3 minutes later

BOOOOOOOOOOM
Thunderbolt.pngPCI.png

THANK YOU, ELIAS! THANK YOU, CASEY! Thanks to eevryone!!!

Motherboard
Designare Z390
CPU
Graphics
Radeon VII
Sure, it's a good idea to see if the bootable backup disk still works.

Also try CMOS Reset and configure BIOS parameters once again. This will also require unlocking MSR 0xE2 if it was previously unlocked.
Thank you for your guidance, CaseySJ, I will immediately follow this line of thought

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
It seems on-board HDMI port no longer works in Catalina. I'm not sure if this is due to WhateverGreen or macOS itself.
I asked about this earlier and got no response. But here's my fix for now (using external TV, via HDMI, on iGPU):

Change platform ID like so (if you're using Clover)
1591191224891.png

Mine was 07009B3E previously.

Everything works as before for me now. Please test and report if it works for you too!