Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

unfortunately... :(

kextstat screenshot:
kextstat.png

kext folders
le.png
efi_other.png

Just wanted to say that I made this build a couple weeks ago, and it was one of the easiest hacks I've done.

Couple tidbits that might be useful for others:

The computer would wake up immediately after going to sleep until I turned off "Allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer" in the Bluetooth settings. Not sure if this is due to the Fenvi card acting up or my magic mouse.

I was experiencing mouse lag from interference within the Fenvi card if I used my 2.4GHz network. This was frustrating because my router is on the other side of the house from this computer so the 5GHz connection was very poor (only 8Mbit up and down). Then I remembered that the Designare motherboard comes with a little antenna. I connected it to the two middle ports of the Fenvi card, and this got the connection up to about 20Mbit, BUT what really sealed the deal was when I plunked the antenna on to of the metal base of the lamp on my desk, and I now get 120Mbit up and down, despite the long distance from the router. It was amazing to see how moving the antenna 5 inches, off the lamp base dropped the signal back down to 20Mbit.

Last edited:
Please download MaciASL from acidanthera's GitHub page:

Wow that worked for me, thank you!

I have another question
After flashing the TB3 firmware, should i replace the "SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml" with "SSDT-TBOLT3-RP05-V3.aml" ?
ACPI - PATCHED.png
After flashing there is something that I've to change in this folder or somewhere else?

Sure, please do this:
  • Boot the macOS Recovery volume
  • From the Tools menu, select Terminal and type:
Bash:
cd /
kextcache -i /Volumes/"Mac S970"
  • Then select Reboot from the Apple menu (top left of screen)
  • When system reboots, try to boot Mojave again; does it work?

Feel free to remove both of these files:
  • CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-USBW.aml
  • CLOVER/kexts/Other/USBWakeFixup.kext
I came again, as shown in the picture, I should have completed this command. It is possible to boot to Mojave through the disk. Now I am ready to test to boot with U disk, upgrade the installer

Attachments

• IMG_7306.JPG
    IMG_7306.JPG
    341.1 KB · Views: 62
Just wanted to say that I made this build a couple weeks ago, and it was one of the easiest hacks I've done.

Couple tidbits that might be useful for others:

The computer would wake up immediately after going to sleep until I turned off "Allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer" in the Bluetooth settings. Not sure if this is due to the Fenvi card acting up or my magic mouse.

I was experiencing mouse lag from interference within the Fenvi card if I used my 5GHz network. This was frustrating because my router is on the other side of the house from this computer so the 5GHz connection was very poor (only 8Mbit up and down). Then I remembered that the Designare motherboard comes with a little antenna. I connected it to the two middle ports of the Fenvi card, and this got the connection up to about 20Mbit, BUT what really sealed the deal was when I plunked the antenna on to of the metal base of the lamp on my desk, and I now get 120Mbit up and down, despite the long distance from the router. It was amazing to see how moving the antenna 5 inches, off the lamp base dropped the signal back down to 20Mbit.
Welcome to the forum! This is the type of DIY mindset I like to see! :)

Wow that worked for me, thank you!

I have another question
After flashing the TB3 firmware, should i replace the "SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml" with "SSDT-TBOLT3-RP05-V3.aml" ?
Correct. We have to remove the old one (move it somewhere else for safe keeping) and use the new SSDT with the modified Thunderbolt DROM.
View attachment 473286
After flashing there is something that I've to change in this folder or somewhere else?
Just replace the Thunderbolt SSDT as mentioned above.

what's the difference between "SSDT-TBOLT3-RP05-PORT7-DESIGNARE-Z390.aml" and "SSDT-TBOLT3-RP05-V3.aml" which one should i use?
Thank you Casey you're the GOAT

what's the difference between "SSDT-TBOLT3-RP05-PORT7-DESIGNARE-Z390.aml" and "SSDT-TBOLT3-RP05-V3.aml" which one should i use?
Thank you Casey you're the GOAT
Use the one in the Thunderbolt DROM guide: SSDT-TBOLT3-RP05-PORT7-DESIGNARE-Z390.aml

Back