Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks for helping. I am a bit confused. I was updating my existing OS on my hackintosh from 10.15.4 to 10.15.5. When you run the installation from the clean stick, where do I run it to? on the USB stick itself?

You do not install from the USB. The USB boot will allow you to start your normal installation on your SSD/HDD.

Probably because it does not affect most users here. I believe you are the only one to have reported this here.

I was probably not the only one, but I was probably the first to report this problem.
It may be that most of the upgrades here in the forum are not affected, but for owners with NAVI graphics cards I think the hint is justified.

You do not install from the USB. The USB boot will allow you to start your normal installation on your SSD/HDD.
Do I need to include the OSX Catalina installer 10.15.5 on the USB?
Then select 'Boot macOS Install from Install mac OS Catalina' (i.e OSX 10.15.5 on the USB?)

Do I need to include the OSX Catalina installer 10.15.5 on the USB?
Then select 'Boot macOS Install from Install mac OS Catalina' (i.e OSX 10.15.5 on the USB?)

No. Just use it to boot into your normal install on your SSD/HDD. You can then edit your EFI to try @Kalypso478's solution of removing the RadeonBoost kext, or just run the update again now that you are logged in.

Make sure you have the latest kexts (Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleACL etc) and a relatively new Clover version before you install the update.

No. Just use it to boot into your normal install on your SSD/HDD. You can then edit your EFI to try @Kalypso478's solution of removing the RadeonBoost kext, or just run the update again now that you are logged in.

Make sure you have the latest kexts (Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleACL etc) and a relatively new Clover version before you install the update.

Great, thanks it worked. Does this mean for the time-being we cannot use the RadeonBoost kext? It did actually install the MacOS update.

Great, thanks it worked. Does this mean for the time-being we cannot use the RadeonBoost kext? It did actually install the MacOS update.

Plenty of other people are using it with the update. Whether it is worth it is up to you but a lot of users say that it boosts benchmarking apps but in the real world apps it does very little, if anything, to speed things up. Some users have reported that it actually slows things down in real apps.

It is up to you to try with and without it and see if it actually makes any difference to you. Only you can decide.

At the moment it seems to be so. Until there is a compatible radeonboost.kext.

New updated 10.15.5(F101) released as short while ago
Screenshot 2020-06-01 at 18.20.38.png

Last edited:
Is it advisable to switch to the version

thx

Back