- Feb 3, 2011
- Gigabyte Designaire z390
- RX 580
- Mobile Phone
This happens to me about once a month. I've not been able to nail down and single cause that creates this condition.
Good to know. Do you have a lot of drives hooked up? Are you using a kensington turbo mouse. I ask about the kensington because I have it set left handed and I noticed after booting after a USB failures it defaults to it original settings. That could be a clue. Also, FWIW, I have a top of the line 750w power supply.
I'm investigating a couple possibilities/potential solutions:
I followed Casey's tip on the first page of this thread->
Custom USB SSDTs: Spoiler: Alternative USB Port Enumeration for Designare Z390
BTW, I messed this up failing to re-install the USBInjectAll kext properly (and deleting SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V(n).aml kext) and noticed All my ports were working except the USB2s and (internally connected) bluetooth died. So maybe the generic USB kext that gets loaded by itself might to do the trick (with the loss of the USB2 and bluetooth). Following this tangent I also wonder once the hackintool reenumeration method is working if it might be wise to delete the generic USB kext (sorry I forgot which one) that was listed in hackitool's extensions. Maybe there's a redundant conflict with the USB kexts.
Maybe this could be an issue as well: (also on 1st page of this thread)
Spoiler: If USB Ports Cannot Charge High Current Devices.
I'm trying to look at this as an interesting re-education into the ways of hackintosh..... so far so good!