Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
...Do you think that one day the Bluetooth of the MB will work in macOS? ...
That is the hope. The early version is looking promising, but nasty things might happen on dual boot systems where Windows and macOS install competing firmware onto the module.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
5700 XT
Is there any version that works in macOS? It would be enough just to use only in macOS and not Windows.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How would I go about disabling the DP/HDMI Audio side of things in Opencore?
I'm having a problem when streaming to OBS or Ecamm etc. Have tried a lot of tricks and days to get it to work and now I think it's something to do with my GPU / iGPU layout.
The streaming freezes, been trying many things and seem to be thinking it's the AMD Radeon FE 16GB and my iGPU setup.. I have weird issues with the display loading up properly as well, black screens etc. I read somewhere in a thread and now can't find it about disabling the DP/HDMI - I don't need them so would like to try?
TIA
Some folks have been able to disable HDMI audio (not DisplayPort audio) by adding the following WhateverGreen boot argument -igfxnohdmi, which is described on GitHub as follows:
  • -igfxnohdmi to disable DP to HDMI conversion patches for digital sound.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thx¡¡¡
I have a doubt,to check where is the existing controller fenvi in IORegistryExplorer HS11 or HS12,in my case i dont have Fenvi...
If you don't have a Fenvi then simply skip the steps related to HS11/HS12. Review the posts in the last 2-4 pages of this thread by @CristianP. You might face some issues if you boot Windows and then macOS.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How would I go about disabling the DP/HDMI Audio side of things in Opencore?
I'm having a problem when streaming to OBS or Ecamm etc. Have tried a lot of tricks and days to get it to work and now I think it's something to do with my GPU / iGPU layout.
The streaming freezes, been trying many things and seem to be thinking it's the AMD Radeon FE 16GB and my iGPU setup.. I have weird issues with the display loading up properly as well, black screens etc. I read somewhere in a thread and now can't find it about disabling the DP/HDMI - I don't need them so would like to try?
TIA

I had lots of issues with crashes when I first started with this Hackintosh. I tried blaming the video card, the cpu, the motherboard, the sound card... The end result was that XMP was the problem turned that off set the memory clock speed myself and have since not experienced the crashes. From time to time World of warcraft crashes but that is a world of warcraft bug with the Vega running at 4k. My wife system experiences the same crashes with XMP enabled but not in wow she has RX580. I also get strange crashes for no reason when I enabled the IGPU.

Regarding turning the sound off one way would be to get an external sound card like a creative Sound Blaster G5 or G6 and remove applealc.kext and turn onboard sound off in the bios. That should effectively kill all internal sound.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
5700 XT
If you don't have a Fenvi then simply skip the steps related to HS11/HS12. Review the posts in the last 2-4 pages of this thread by @CristianP. You might face some issues if you boot Windows and then macOS.
i tested with airpods and works but the quality of sound its not good....i prefer wait to new version....thx¡¡

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
Intel Core i9 9900k
Graphics
Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Catalina 10.15.4 requires special treatment:
  • Unlock MSR 0xE2 by following this procedure.
  • Create a new EFI folder by following this procedure (don't worry, your existing serial numbers be used).

Thanks so much for your help – apologies for missing the MSR post (this is quite a thread). Will monitor the thread more closely in the future, especially when updates are out.

Re: new EFI folder – I wasn't sure when during the process this part should happen. The OS seems to be booting fine without it, but I assume I should still revise my EFI on my primary hard drive using the new files, correct?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
Intel i9 9900K
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Last week my Test Bench lost the ability to sleep. Any attempt to put the machine to sleep or to wait for auto-sleep resulted in immediate wake. Activity Monitor revealed that a process called powerd was pegging one CPU core, and the sleep log (pmset -g log) was being constantly bombarded with log messages.

After nearly a full day of unsuccessfully trying to find and fix the root cause I decided to take my own advice and perform a completely fresh installation of Catalina and check again. My bootable backup, unfortunately, also suffered from insomnia, so it was of no help.

A fresh install took about 45 minutes to an hour, but sleep worked perfectly. I concluded that I may have inadvertently corrupted a system file while performing some Thunderbolt experiments that locked up the system and required hard boots.

With the fresh install working perfectly, I simply copied all my files manually (without using Migration Assistant) to the new disk and reinstalled (and relicensed) all my applications. That took another two hours, but after a total of about 3 hours I had a fully functional system once again. After letting it run for a day I erased the original NVMe SSD and cloned the new system back to the internal NVMe.

The moral of the story is clear:
  • When faced with an intractable problem we can either spend hours upon hours or days upon days, or -- if time is precious -- we can just do a clean new installation and be done with it.
In your case, however, we might still be able to recover the system if the macOS system itself has not been corrupted as follows:
  • Reinstall the Intel CNVi module.
  • Remove the IntelBluetooth kexts.
  • Install the standard V7 USB SSDT (SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7) that disables HS14 and hence disabled the Intel Bluetooth module.
  • FwRuntimeServices is okay, but you may also switch to the newer OpenRuntime.
  • Definitely make the changes you identified in the Clover Configurator Boot Arguments screenshot. The differences in the ACPI section are not so critical.
FINALLY! I think I have found the problem. So, I did everything above and to my surprise it worked perfectly until I plugged my UAD Apollo Twin MK2 Thunderbolt interface. After I plugged the interface back, did a few restarts and started to crash again so I think the issue is related to TB3 somehow. What I can do to avoid this is when I need to switch I will shut down the computer and the interface and power them on again to boot into the other os.

I still have FwRuntimeServices because with OpenRuntime I can't get it to boot at all. It panics at "VirtualSMC" but as long as FwRuntimeServices works fine I don't mind sticking with it.

Thank you so much for your help! I did a double EFI back-up from this state.

Last edited: