Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

MSR 0xE2 will have to be unlocked once again, but it's still at the same VarOffset address of 0x5C1. Firmware F8 introduced a new GUI.
From a Hackintosh point of view, there's no need to update the firmware. You may do so at your choosing.
Thanks. I'm doing this to finally implement Native NVRAM, something that's been largely absent from Z390 platform for a while, but am hesitating because my system has been rock solid without it.

I tried this on an Asus Rog Strix Z370-I Gaming, Intel i7 8700, SMBIOS 19,1, latest Lilu and WhateverGreen BUT the system doesn't boot. I get a long boot bar...
The system works fine without it.
The GuC instructions are not supported on Z370. I had the same thing so did some homework.

I think that would be a lot of hassle for me on OC as I think I'd have to drop my DSDT and ALL subsequent SSDTs then re-add them in ACPI, and wouldn't this be functionally identical?
Code:
    External (_GPE.XXTB, MethodObj)
    //
    Scope (\_GPE)
    {
        Method (XTBT, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Exx: Edge-Triggered GPE, xx=0x00-0xFF
        {
            If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
            {
                \_SB.PCI0.RP05.UPSB.AMPE ()
                \_SB.PCI0.RP05.UPSB.UMPE ()
            }
            Else
            {
                XXTB ()
            }
        }
    }
sorry, I still use clover.

Instead of adding an extra X to the beginning of the gremlin-renamed XTBT, I would change XTBT to XE23.

or, wait to see what @dgsga has to say/recommend. I'm certainly not the expert here!!

Thanks. I'm doing this to finally implement Native NVRAM, something that's been largely absent from Z390 platform for a while, but am hesitating because my system has been rock solid without it.
Fortunately this is now a tested and true procedure! However, as always, caveat emptor...

In my testing SMBIOS 18,3 is faster than 19,1. Not sure why.
Yep, I had my system initially configured with 18,3 before going with 19,1 (not a very informed choice, I trust the consensus that it is the better option for this hardware). My Geekbench scores are overall lower on 19,1, though not by a huge margin. Moreover, the Geekbench scores differ by a significant amount on the same SMBIOS from run to run, so it is certainly possible that my one set of 18,3 scores do not differ in any statistically significant way from the 19,1 scores.

Try using various values of darkwake, such as darkwake=No. This can be added to Boot Arguments in Clover Configurator.
Thanks.
I tried nothing, darkwake=0, darkwake=no. It always wakes up after 1h or so...

• Are you using KGP's Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT right now? If so, does hot plug work?

Using KGPs SSDT on the X299 D-EX build I did recently resulted in no hotplug at all. If I try one of the newer SSDTs available with the proper DROM implemented it still resulted in no Hot Plug. Maybe I missed something when editing the SSDTs. I will be able to pull the info from the machine on Thursday if @gabevf doesn't have it here sooner :)

@StefanAM In the SSDT you need to change RP05 to RP21, _E2C to _E17, XE2C to XE17. For DSB4 duplicate device DSB1, rename it to DSB4 and change the _ADR to 0x00040000
Technically we should change UsbCPortNumber to One for SSP1. It's optional to change UsbPowerSource to One.

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 1.13.40 PM.png

Back