Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Really? Strange enough, I had problems with 0.5.8 not showing Windows on x58. Now 0.5.9 doesn't show Windows on both, x58 AND z390. Never tried NDK though. I keep OC on a stick for testing purposes, still not satisfied though.

I have NDK's version of Opencore and I am currently on 059, and I boot Mojave, Catalina, Ubuntu (20.04), and Windows 10, and they all boot just fine. I also had them all working on 058, but when 058 first came out, there were issues with Windows 10, even on NDK's version of 058 (because he adds only a very few small, but important changes to OC - meaning even this version of OC was susceptible to this issue with booting Windows 10 on OC).

The additional properties that NDK's version of OC offer I think were critical in my being able to fix this issue quickly and get them all to boot properly. The key properties to adjust in OC are in the Booter Quirks, and the property "Enable for all" (only available in NDK's version of OC). I have an X299 system and Z370 system, and I had to adjust the Booter quirks differently for each system, but once I had those set properly, both the Z370 system and the X299 system booted Windows properly. Upgrading from 058 to 059 was very simple given I had these properties set correctly. But again, my systems are set for NDK's version of OC only.

So, it can be done. People forget that OC still is a beta - a very good beta, but it's still a beta and in very rapid development, meaning lots of changes can come very quickly.

Motherboard
Aorus Xtreme Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega VII
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I have NDK's version of Opencore and I am currently on 059, and I boot Mojave, Catalina, Ubuntu (20.04), and Windows 10, and they all boot just fine. I also had them all working on 058, but when 058 first came out, there were issues with Windows 10, even on NDK's version of 058 (because he adds only a very few small, but important changes to OC - meaning even this version of OC was susceptible to this issue with booting Windows 10 on OC).

Good to know it isn't just me, or just that Revision.

The additional properties that NDK's version of OC offer I think were critical in my being able to fix this issue quickly and get them all to boot properly. The key properties to adjust in OC are in the Booter Quirks, and the property "Enable for all" (only available in NDK's version of OC). I have an X299 system and Z370 system, and I had to adjust the Booter quirks differently for each system, but once I had those set properly, both the Z370 system and the X299 system booted Windows properly. Upgrading from 058 to 059 was very simple given I had these properties set correctly. But again, my systems are set for NDK's version of OC only.

I always wished and still wish for those features in standard OC.

So, it can be done. People forget that OC still is a beta - a very good beta, but it's still a beta and in very rapid development, meaning lots of changes can come very quickly.

Nah, I never forgot that. Thats the main reason, why I still have it on a stick.

Just outta curiosity: I assume you used the standard OC, as well, right? Have you ever had some weird mouse "lags", like on the old Razer Orochi, paired over BT entering a standby state, whenever you didn't move the mouse and kinda had a liitle lag, when "waking up"? I'm having those, but only after a couple of boots with OC. After booting with Clover a few times it's gone. I already mentioned it somewhere in this thread. My keyboard and mouse are actually good Corsair products, but still (K70 Mk2 and Dark Core, I intend to switch back to Logitech in the near future).

Btw is it hard to convert standard OC to NDK and vice versa?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Good to know it isn't just me, or just that Revision.

I always wished and still wish for those features in standard OC.

Nah, I never forgot that. Thats the main reason, why I still have it on a stick.

Just outta curiosity: I assume you used the standard OC, as well, right? Have you ever had some weird mouse "lags", like on the old Razer Orochi, paired over BT entering a standby state, whenever you didn't move the mouse and kinda had a liitle lag, when "waking up"? I'm having those, but only after a couple of boots with OC. After booting with Clover a few times it's gone. I already mentioned it somewhere in this thread. My keyboard and mouse are actually good Corsair products, but still (K70 Mk2 and Dark Core, I intend to switch back to Logitech in the near future).

Btw is it hard to convert standard OC to NDK and vice versa?

Haven't used the standard version of OC in quite a while, actually.......when I tried it, it was working, but the incompatabilities with my two Asus boards and my four OS boot systems made it not very useful. I did not experience a mouse lag on either of my two systems, but I don't use BT much, so my experience on that issue on these two systems may not be relevant to your issue with mouse lag.

NDK's version of OC and the standard version are very close. For the most part, there are three main differences, all of which you don't have to enable if you don't want to. There may be others, but the differences are really small.

Two "enable for all" options in Booter Quirks and in ACPI Quirks (both of which do not appear in the standard OC release), and one that relates to the menu entries (under Misc). If you enable a menu entry, the system will always boot that entry first. Don't do this and the system boots using normal behavior. NOTE: If you want the OpenCanopy menu system, according to the standard developers of OC, you should only use the standard version of OC.

Uh, this may relate somehow....on my real Macbook pro, when waking, I do experience a lag (trackpad and keyboard) at times, sometimes severe, sometimes not at all.....so I'm signed up for the Mac beta (10.15.5 beta 4) just to see if Apple can fix this, as I hope it's a bug and not the hardware...

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
ASRock X299 CREATOR
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
RX6900XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's not just that I want a new UID. It is, that somethings not gonna work as described in the Micro-Guides. And I would like to know exactly why it sometimes work and other times it wont.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's not just that i want a new UID. It is, that somethings not gonna work as described in the Micro-Guides. And i would like to know exactly why it sometimes work and other times it wont.
I just replied in the other thread.

Motherboard
Aorus Xtreme Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega VII
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Haven't used the standard version of OC in quite a while, actually.......when I tried it, it was working, but the incompatabilities with my two Asus boards and my four OS boot systems made it not very useful. I did not experience a mouse lag on either of my two systems, but I don't use BT much, so my experience on that issue on these two systems may not be relevant to your issue with mouse lag.

My bad, what I meant wasn't really clear: the mouse lag is comparable to the BT mouse lag. Mine supports BT but I actually use the dongle (like Logitech) because BT responsiveness is not good enough (worse when gaming).

But nevertheless, thanks for your insights. I'll give it a try, when I get some time to spare (with the Corona spread there's twice as much work to do like on Christmas, maybe more)

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey CaseySJ, previously, I have Windows installed on a separate M.2 drive in my ASUS X99 Deluxe II and now I would like to remove it. Do I need to change anything in the BIOS or it is safe to just removed the drive.
The system is still working great with your EFI!
Hello @PicLock,

It's perfectly okay to just remove it. It can even be moved to another system, but it may need re-activation. I'm not too familiar with activation procedures in Windows, but if it's possible to deactivate it first, then it might be easier to reactivate it on a new system.

By the way, are you booting the Asus X99 Deluxe II with Clover or OpenCore? Recently I attempted to migrate Clover settings to a freshly configured OpenCore folder, but the system fails immediately at the start of boot.
A quick update on my Asus X99 Deluxe II:
  • I had been using Clover and the latest BIOS 2101 with locked MSR 0xE2, but this prevented me from updating from Catalina 10.15.3 to 10.15.4.
  • Someone on the Internet was nice enough to share their unlocked BIOS 1802, which can only be flashed using the BIOS Flashback feature on the Asus rear IO panel.
  • After installing the modified BIOS 1802 and switching to N-D-K OpenCore 0.5.8, it was necessary to also use the latest Catalina Kernel patches by nmano at Insanely Mac.
  • Now the update from 10.15.3 to 10.15.4 was wonderfully simple -- didn't touch the system even between reboots.
This may be an old system, but it runs surprisingly well. And it contains a GC-Titan Ridge with activated Thunderbolt Bus at PCI0.BR1A.

Attached ZIP contains:

• OpenCore NDK 0.5.8 EFI folder.
    • Open config.plist in ProperTree and simply fill out the PlatformInfo parameters.
  • Modified BIOS 1802.
    • Copy to FAT32 USB 2.0 flash disk and follow these steps:
      Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 11.13.56 AM.png
  • BIOS 1802 Settings.
    • I've included my BIOS settings file. We can load this from Tools --> Overclocking Profiles --> Load/Save from USB disk.

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 10.51.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 10.56.00 AM.png

EDIT: The new .CMO file (Asus_X99_Deluxe_II_Speed_Step.CMO.zip) enables Enhanced Intel Speed Step to allow CPU clocks to throttle down when idle. I forgot to enable this in the ZIP file, so this firmware file corrects that oversight.

Attachments

• EFI-Asus-X99-Deluxe-II-OpenCore-NDK-0.5.8.zip
    14.2 MB · Views: 110
  • Asus_X99_Deluxe_II_Speed_Step.CMO.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited: