- Nov 11, 2018
- Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
- RX 580
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Couple of suggestions:@CaseySJ @Elias64Fr
So my 4MD4KLB-B monitor has arrived and I have started testing with my gc-titan ridge-running patched Designare NVM 33.
So far, the early results are not good. Here's the hardware, and what I have tried:
2 Monitors- 4MD4KLB-B (TB3)/LG UltraSharp UHD (DP)
CalDigit TS3 Plus Dock (TB3)
Boot Attempts (Hardware Config/Result)
- One monitor- 4MD4KLB-B (TB3) connected directly to GC-Titan Ridge - Computer does not post
- One monitor- LG UltraSharp UHD (DP) Connected to TS3 Plus dock - Computer does not post
- One monitor- LG UltraSharp UHD (HDMI to GPU) --> Computer boots to desktop
- Two monitor- LG UltraSharp UHD (HDMI to GPU) --> Computer boots to desktop --> Hot plug 4MD4KLB-B (TB3) --> inconsistent success (2 of 5 attempts) But it was glorious when it worked!
What has been consistent for me since using the patched firmware- I have had to maintain a monitor connected to the HDMI of the GPU. Occasionally, I would see the computer post to the DP monitor (connected to the dock) but maybe 3 out of 10 times. I suspect that if I try the UHD (DP) monitor directly to GPU that both monitors will work, but I'm taking a break at the moment.
Any advice? Is it possible there is a configuration issue?
- Try enabling CSM Support to see if it makes any difference.
- Thunderbolt monitors might work more reliably if the GC-Titan Ridge is not flashed (i.e. use original firmware). This should be attempted -- we should still bridge pins 3 and 5 to force power to the card if a THB_C header is not available.
- Also try one of the other firmware files (e.g. NVM 23), but I suspect they might not perform differently from NVM 33.