Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

In my case it seems Unlock with Apple Watch expires after every N sleep/wake cycles and works again after a reboot. Is it the same for you? Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the feature in System Preferences --> Security & Privacy?

I tried that indeed; reboots, disable/re-enable the feature and it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. Very random imo. Only after signing AppleID out and in it works again. But then after a few reboots (i guess) it doesn't work anymore.

I tried that indeed; reboots, disable/re-enable the feature and it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. Very random imo. Only after signing AppleID out and in it works again. But then after a few reboots (i guess) it doesn't work anymore.

+1

I have tried all the Titan and Alpine Ridge flashes and NVM33 works by far the best out of all the Titan Ridge ones. Also, I think you mean NVM23 for the Titan. NVM20 V1 is for the Alpine card while I got video pass threw I did not get Thunderbolt Hotplug. To get sleep to work I had to remove the THB_C cable and Jumper 3-5 pin.

Also, are the camera, mic, and the likes over TB? or are they over USB?
I was referring to this line in your post yesterday
"Now if only we could get a firmware for Alpine Ridge that works as well as NVM 33 works for Titan!"

The Apple TB display has only a single connector--TB1. I believe the camera, mic, and audio are USB devices incorporated into the Thunderbolt connection.

• iStat Menus might not display the temps, fan speeds and voltages correctly. Instead, please try HWMonitorSMC2 from CloverHackyColor on GitHub.

Got it installed - and no read on the GPU. Everything else looks good. Do I need to configure anything for the GPU to be read? my iGPU is disabled in BIOS - not doing headless yet. When I run the config, it is not seeing the smcsuperio. It is in the kext folder.

Attachments

• hwconfig.png
    hwconfig.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 65
  • nogpu.png
    nogpu.png
    202.8 KB · Views: 79
  • superio.png
    superio.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 65
there it is... cannot compile with that first few things that is in the dL file - there are other things in there too that don't work "stock". I just started deleting until compile passed the test to save - did I delete anything important? lol - I can hot plug :)
Generally not a good idea to delete items in an ACPI file. The only time Rehabman used to recommend that practice is when working on a newly-extracted DSDT that had errors in it.
An SSDT that is newly built for a specific purpose won't have errors in it or else the developer wouldn't have been able to compile and save it.
Are you using the current version of MaciASL? Older versions sometimes throw errors just due to the version of the tool.

Can you please upload me the file I need for the Z390 Desginer to bottle the fw you just can't find it is the ne file?

generally not a good idea to delete items in an ACPI file. the only time Rehabman used to recommend that practice is when working on a newly-extracted DSDT that had errors in it.
an SSDT that is newly built for a specific purpose won't have errors in it or else the developer wouldn't have been able to compile and save it.
are you using the current version of MaciASL? older versions sometimes throw errors just due to the version of the tool.
Yes, used wrong MaciASL version. Fixed, replaced, and moved over the DROM info. Thank you!

You are now the question of which file do I need, and where can I get it from the Thunderbolt firewalls so that macOS recognizes it correctly. There are small other ways or SOIC8 SOP8 Test Clip + CH341A Flash BIOS USB Programmer for EEPROM 25CXX / 24CXX.

Can you link me that SSDT? Built in Alpine Ridge here, and I’d love to give that a shot too.
There are guides and information about flashing TB ROMs linked from Page 1 of this thread.
Post 16,393 is the repository of all the patched firmware. In that post also are links to the method for doing the flashing. Most of us have used the Raspberry Pi approach. The official recommendation is a Pi 3B or 4, but I have used a 2B successfully.

The most important thing is to THOROUGHLY read through the guide(s) that you will need to use. Then read them again, before starting. Then follow the guide(s) to the letter and take your time.

Back