Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

This should be easily fixable with either OcQuirks-4 or latest OcQuirks-22. Before we take any action:
  • Does this error happen when booting from the new USB install disk?
  • If so, please compress and upload the CLOVER folder from EFI partition of the USB install disk. You may remove serial numbers from SMBIOS section of config.plist before compressing/uploading.
  • Also post a screenshot -- if you can -- of the current contents of /Library/Extensions. Just need to make sure there's no FakeSMC or VirtualSMC located there.

This should be easily fixable with either OcQuirks-4 or latest OcQuirks-22. Before we take any action:
  • Does this error happen when booting from the new USB install disk?
  • If so, please compress and upload the CLOVER folder from EFI partition of the USB install disk. You may remove serial numbers from SMBIOS section of config.plist before compressing/uploading.
  • Also post a screenshot -- if you can -- of the current contents of /Library/Extensions. Just need to make sure there's no FakeSMC or VirtualSMC located there.

Yes it happens when booting from the new USB.

Zip is attached with serials removed. Screenshot of the L/E folder aswell.

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 22.38.46.png

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 80
I've tweaked the SSDT slightly to make sure you have all your XHC2 USB ports under Thunderbolt enumerated, attached is the ThunderboltDROM device property that you'll need to inject via Clover. The plist I have attached is in OpenCore format so you'll need to convert the device property to whatever format Clover uses. Remember to change the NHI0 device path value to what it is on your system. This can be found using gfxutil (attached). You may need to correct the CRC32 of the DROM as I had to change one byte to activate IOThunderboltPort5. See the instructions in the tutorial I linked to earlier. The best way to get the correct CRC32 value is to search your kernel boot log in Hackintool for the term 'DROM' If there is a checksum error it will show you the correct CRC32 value which you'll need to byte-reverse and modify the DROM with. Hang on in there, you're almost there...
It will take me a while to figure this out. will work on it tomorrow.

When I used Elias's V1 AR firmware, I'm fairly certain the USB devices were on XHC3. Should I replace XHC2 with XHC3 in the SSDT or use it as-is and see what happens?
Thanks.

I've tweaked the SSDT slightly to make sure you have all your XHC2 USB ports under Thunderbolt enumerated, attached is the ThunderboltDROM device property that you'll need to inject via Clover. The plist I have attached is in OpenCore format so you'll need to convert the device property to whatever format Clover uses. Remember to change the NHI0 device path value to what it is on your system. This can be found using gfxutil (attached). You may need to correct the CRC32 of the DROM as I had to change one byte to activate IOThunderboltPort5. See the instructions in the tutorial I linked to earlier. The best way to get the correct CRC32 value is to search your kernel boot log in Hackintool for the term 'DROM' If there is a checksum error it will show you the correct CRC32 value which you'll need to byte-reverse and modify the DROM with. Hang on in there, you're almost there...
@CaseySJ or others that are fluent in both Clover and OC: @dgsga attached a config.plist snippet for using OC to inject DROM device property. How would I alter that for Clover's config.plist ,and where would I place it?

attached are dgsga's OC plist snippet and the Devices section of my config.plist.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• my config to edit for drom.plist
    1.3 KB · Views: 103
  • dgsga's config entry for DROM.plist
    605 bytes · Views: 109
Last edited:
Yes it happens when booting from the new USB.

Zip is attached with serials removed. Screenshot of the L/E folder aswell.

View attachment 467780
Please try the following:
  • Download attached ZiP and copy serial numbers back into SMBIOS section of config.plist.
  • Copy Board Serial Number from SMBIOS and paste it into RtVariables --> MLB.
  • Then click Generate button in RtVariables (to the right of ROM).
Which version of Clover are you using?

Transfer the attached CLOVER folder to EFI folder in the USB disk and try booting again. If the same problem occurs it may be necessary to do a CMOS Reset, but let's try the attached ZIP first.

Attachments

• CLOVER-Tomsize.zip
    3 MB · Views: 81
@CaseySJ or others that are fluent in both Clover and OC: @dgsga attached a config.plist snippet for using OC to inject DROM device property. How would I alter that for Clover's config.plist ,and where would I place it?

attached are dgsga's OC plist snippet and the Devices section of my config.plist.

Thanks in advance.
Please try this.

Attachments

• my config to edit for drom.plist
    1.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Greetings. Please excuse me -as this is my first post. I have been following and am thankful for all of your help with these builds.

issues:
  • usb-c dock to hdmi not recognized (video doesn't come on)
  • fans stop spinning after boot (rpm 0 at idle)
  • thunderbolt configuration.
please let me know if anyone can help. I would like to learn. I have successfully flashed the onboard titan ridge with a verified status - but just want to make sure that I have things right. I have attached my files. Thanks in advance, and I appreciate the hobby I revived up during lock down with this build.

Attachments

• patched folder.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 70
  • config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 89
  • efi folder.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 97
  • IO-thunderbolt.png
    IO-thunderbolt.png
    250.3 KB · Views: 77
Please try the following:
  • Download attached ZiP and copy serial numbers back into SMBIOS section of config.plist.
  • Copy Board Serial Number from SMBIOS and paste it into RtVariables --> MLB.
  • Then click Generate button in RtVariables (to the right of ROM).
Which version of Clover are you using?

Transfer the attached CLOVER folder to EFI folder in the USB disk and try booting again. If the same problem occurs it may be necessary to do a CMOS Reset, but let's try the attached ZIP first.

Exact same issue with your zip, the verbose mode showed nothing different. :(

I installed Clover r5107 on the new USB. How to properly do a CMOS reset on the Designare ? Is it maybe better to go for a fresh install ?

Exact same issue with your zip, the verbose mode showed nothing different. :(

I installed Clover r5107 on the new USB. How to properly do a CMOS reset on the Designare ? Is it maybe better to go for a fresh install ?
Yes time to perform CMOS Reset. Immediately afterwards we need to:
  • Configure BIOS parameters again starting with Load Optimized Defaults.
  • Unlock MSR 0xE2 once again.
  • Then try to boot into Mojave.

Back