1. Color Classic
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Again @CaseySJ

As I have said I have direct contact with the Antelope guys. I have direct mail with RMA and Develop team.
Could be possible if we try to adapt or know what really happens? in my x299 in verbose seems to be detected but the communication seems to be wrong. Failing in sample rate.
If I could help with all the hackintosh that I have and my interfaces (I have some here Apogee, Focusrite,...) could be amazing to solve the situation. Or try to send the reports and problems to these guys. If we report exactly the problem they could fix in future versions...

I have the titan card flashed, lets test it :)

thanks guys!

Please let me know what Info you need!!! If you do a search for my posts here, you can find the log files I have posted for when the unit attempts to connect.

My main observation is:
There is a DMA error which happens causing a timeout between talking to the device. The system will see it fine, it shows all the correct device info, but the DMA error with the driver causes the driver to fail and the unit to not be seen as a useable device by macOS.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Please try this:
  • Undo the changes (i.e. re-enable the USB ports).
  • Physically disconnect the Corsair device(s) from USB header.
  • Reboot.
  • Check if sleep works.

Hi @CaseySJ,

Did that a bit ago and it still is waking right up. Look like my three RME Audio Devices (one is connected via TB and the other two via USB) are very "chatty"...when I shut all three of those off sleep worked.

It's really not a great option for me to shut all three of those down every time I want to sleep and I can't "exclude" them via Clover. I think I just need to shut all USB wake down and focus on the power button only.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Lam

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Still remaining to do:
- Replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi with the recommended OcQuirks-4.efi and FwRuntimeServices.efi. I don't have the EmuVariable efi in CLOVER/drivers/UEFI - will try OcQuirks anyway though. You mentioned a 'dire warning' about OsxAptioFix2 but I couldn't find any reference to the warning on the author's github. What was it?
Hello again @mcljot,

Replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 is very easy and should be done. It's just a matter of replacing that EFI with the two that you mentioned (OcQuirks4.efi and FwRuntimeServices.efi). The "dire warning" was a bit of an exaggeration in my opinion -- it was posted on a different site (not GitHub).
- Update BIOS firmware. I'm on F4 at the moment, although I'm not sure if this is really necessary...
No, not really necessary, but there are some security patches in the more recent firmware versions.
- Experiment with the native wifi driver
Just be very careful with this...
One question I have is about kext placement in /Library/Extensions vs. in CLOVER/kexts/Other. I've spent about 4 hours trying to find a source of truth - why does it matter where the kexts go, if they are all injected anyway? And is there a 'right' way to do it? At the moment my system has a mishmash of kexts in both places.
I'm not going to fuel this fire! But I will say that for easier upgrade to Catalina in the future, it would be good to install all third-party kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other and remove them from /Library/Extensions. Be sure to run Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache afterwards. If this utility is not available, open Terminal and type sudo kextcache -i / and reboot.

jlr

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think it's time to unlock MSR 0xE2 by clicking here. While this alone may not solve the problem, it eliminates one more variable between your system and systems that have successfully been updated.

You linked to the guide to Enable Native NVRAM; I've actually already unlocked MSR 0xE2 via this micro-guide. The output of setup_var_3 0x5c1 via the grub> prompt is 0x00. My BIOS version is F6.

I see that MSR 0xE2 unlocking procedure in the guide you linked to involves unchecking Kernel and Kext Patches --> KernelPM after unlocking MSR 0xE2. Should I go ahead and do that, since MSR 0xE2 is already unlocked?

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi!

I'm not going to fuel this fire! But I will say that for easier upgrade to Catalina in the future, it would be good to install all third-party kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other and remove them from /Library/Extensions. Be sure to run Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache afterwards. If this utility is not available, open Terminal and type sudo kextcache -i / and reboot.

Haha I seem to recall it being a bit of a fire. I have always preferred having them on the EFI - I think I got into trouble once before when I included something catastrophic in /S/L/E or /L/E and couldn't get back into the system to remove them. Not entirely sure though, it's been a while.

I will continue with RadeonBoost, and will exercise due caution with the wifi driver. Thanks!

I've also noticed a ~100 point drop in my single core GeekBench 5 score since doing these updates. I'm not overly concerned tbh, but would be nice to see the numbers get bigger, not smaller :) Having caught up on 100+ pages of this thread, I think it might be to do with the newer WhateverGreen version I installed (1.3.8). I see that yesterday, acidanthera has released 1.3.9. I will try it.

Thanks again!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You linked to the guide to Enable Native NVRAM; I've actually already unlocked MSR 0xE2 via this micro-guide. The output of setup_var_3 0x5c1 via the grub> prompt is 0x00. My BIOS version is F6.
Good -- half the battle...
I see that MSR 0xE2 unlocking procedure in the guide you linked to involves unchecking Kernel and Kext Patches --> KernelPM after unlocking MSR 0xE2. Should I go ahead and do that, since MSR 0xE2 is already unlocked?
Yes please uncheck those two boxes. This may not solve the kernel cache problem, but it's worth doing anyway.

A more desperate option would be to add this to Boot Arguments at least temporarily and see what happens:

-f UseKernelCache=No

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
So, @CaseySJ -

I have a GC-TitanRidge card with an NVM of 43. Do you think it would be worthwhile to flash it to NVM33 and then re-flash with one of the patches? Either from DSM2 or one of Elias64Fr's patches?

I'm getting the impression that NVM 33 has the best response so far, but then it sounds like it needs to be re-flashed and adjusted to get it work the best. Also, an SSDT must also be customized to work with it, correct?

Have I got that right?

Motherboard
AsRock Z490 ITX/TB3
CPU
i7 107000K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Progress!!

...would the lack of DSB4 in the SSDT have anything to do with this?

thanks!
@faithie999 It's great to hear you've made progress, I was beginning to wonder if anyone else could reproduce my results. You definitely need the DSB4 device under UPSB, so duplicate DSB1 and change the _ADR address to 0x00040000, like so:

Code:
Device (DSB4)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00040000)  // _ADR: Address
                Method (_RMV, 0, NotSerialized)  // _RMV: Removal Status
                {
                    Return (Zero)
                }
            }

To get your display to work properly you need to activate IOThunderboltPort5 (notice that it's not populated in your IOreg).To do this you need to inject your ThunderboltDROM into the NHI0 Device via OpenCore config.plist. Copy the DROM from your original firmware using HexFiend, change the UID and correct the CRC-8 checksum as per the tutorial here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-2087139. Just upload your original firmware if you're not sure what to do and I'll fix it for you. Don't use the DROM from the tutorial, you must use the one from your card firmware

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just started looking at this. Some comments:

View attachment 467012View attachment 467013
  • In the first screenshot we see that for each PCIe slot there's an External PINI declaration. This PINI function is not defined in Gigabyte's firmware.
  • In the second screenshot we see the _INI method in which the code checks if a real PINI method exists (CondRefOf (PINI)) and if so, PINI is then called.
  • This means we don't have to rename _INI to XINI. Instead, we just create a new method in Scope (_SB.PCI0.RP05) called PINI. And that method will be invoked automatically.

CaseySJ,

It's not clear to me what TB-related patches for flashed firmware we're to be using. I have some of what's shown in the Spoiler below included, but now don't know if this is useful. Can you clarify?

Also, what new PINI method should we include in the SSDT?

Thanks.

Z390-Designare-TB-Patches.jpg

Motherboard
GA-Z390-Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
@faithie999 It's great to hear you've made progress, I was beginning to wonder if anyone else could reproduce my results. You definitely need the DSB4 device under UPSB, so duplicate DSB1 and change the _ADR address to 0x00040000, like so:

Code:
Device (DSB4)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00040000)  // _ADR: Address
                Method (_RMV, 0, NotSerialized)  // _RMV: Removal Status
                {
                    Return (Zero)
                }
            }

To get your display to work properly you need to activate IOThunderboltPort@5 (notice that it's not populated in your IOreg).To do this you need to inject your ThunderboltDROM into the NHI0 Device via OpenCore config.plist. Copy the DROM from your original firmware using HexFiend, change the UID and correct the CRC-8 checksum as per the tutorial in this thread. Just upload your original firmware if you're not sure what to do and I'll fix it for you. Don't use the DROM from the tutorial, you must use the one from your card firmware
I was looking at your SSDT again. your instructions say to change _E2C to _E17 in one line of the SSDT, which I did, but in the SSDT there are two occurrences of XE2C nearby. should I change them to XE17 as well?

I thought maybe this is supposed to refer to the _GPE._E17 that I changed to _GPE.XE17 in my DSDT.

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 3.36.20 PM.png