Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I disabled those 2 item as you said and switched to iMac Pro 1,1. Now I cannot boot. I get to the white apple screen and then my machine abruptly power cycles
We can re-enable the Kernel & Kext Patches directly from the Clover Boot Menu, like this:

Select Options:
screenshot4_resize.jpg

Select Binaries patching
screenshot5_resize.jpg

Select Custom kexts patches
screenshot6_resize.jpg

Reenable the patches (your screen will look different from this)
screenshot7_resize.jpg

Then press Esc several times to get back to Clover Boot Menu and try again. If it boots, then re-enable these patches in config.plist.

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 SAGE 10G
CPU
i9-7960X
Graphics
WX4100
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please post the original system DSDT like this:
  • At Clover Boot Menu, press F4. Wait few seconds. Nothing will happen on screen, but files will be quietly written to disk.
  • Then boot into macOS and Mount EFI partition.
  • DSDT.aml will be in CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder.
Thanks a lot for your time. Attached original DSDT dump from clover

PC03 / BR3B /SL0A

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    125.5 KB · Views: 44
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No matter what I do, I can't get Video Proc to show my Graphics Card, it just says N/A and I swear when it runs the test, the CPUs spike and not my GPU...

Your Image at least proves I'm not nuts, an AMD dGPU can be listed by VideoProc.

Video Proc shows nothing about my Vega but if I use activity monitor and encode something all the load is put on my Vega. Some of those things like it listing your card are just cosmetic.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
We can re-enable the Kernel & Kext Patches directly from the Clover Boot Menu, like this:

Select Options:
View attachment 466948

Select Binaries patching
View attachment 466950

View attachment 466951

View attachment 466953

Then press Esc several times to get back to Clover Boot Menu and try again. If it boots, then re-enable these patches in config.plist.

That did not fix my issue is it possible to change it back to imac 19,1 from that menu?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

While I was typing this, @CaseySJ gave you a tip. Please favor his advice over mine. AYR/YMMV.

Regarding the reboot and after switching configurations, it may do that a couple times, but not as a regular event. Assuming you are using iMP 1,1, Clover, your EFI is correct, and that your monitor is connected to your dGPU, please try this as it's worked for me with my Z390 build:
  1. Shut it all down and switch off the PSU (power supply) button.
  2. Power off all Thunderbolt devices and disconnect the cables.
  3. Press the power-on button on the PC to drain any residual power from the PSU. Wait a minute. (My Seasonic PSU will still leave the board LEDs lit for nearly a minute even when the PSU is unplugged from the wall. YMMV)
  4. Reconnect all Thunderbolt devices' cables. Leave them off for now.
  5. Switch-on the PSU.
  6. Press the power-on button on the computer. It may take a minute for everything to start. Let it do its thing.
  7. Hammer away at the Delete key on a USB-attached keyboard to go into BIOS. (It'll resist, so tap, tap, tap, hold.)
  8. Make sure iGPU is set to Off -not on or Auto.
  9. Save the BIOS configuration as usual and reboot.
  10. Hammer away at F12 to make sure that the machine is loading the correct EFI from the correct volume.
  11. Press enter when the correct EFI from the correct volume has been selected.
  12. When you get to the Clover screen, select the appropriate MacOS and continue with the boot.
  13. If the machine boots normally, don't launch any apps yet. Just Shut Down from the menu.
  14. Shut Down the computer.
  15. Power-up all needed external devices, including Thunderbolt devices.
  16. Press the power-on button on the computer.
  17. Let computer do all the booting by itself. Let it do its thing.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro

Select Options:
View attachment 466948

Select Binaries patching
View attachment 466950

View attachment 466951

View attachment 466953

Ok, I got it to boot into the OS, but changing back to imac 19,1, turning my IGPU back on and re-enabling those kexts.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Designare
CPU
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
@CaseySJ I feel like a dummy, the reason it wouldn't work is because I selected Mac Pro 1,1 - not iMacPro 1,1. Sheeesh!

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 SAGE/10G (3601)
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Casy, Alias, I have some questions to "DROM Decoded". Please...

Screenshot 2020-05-03 at 22.26.21.png
- why? I couldn't find a description of it. By me is '02 C5' - do I have to change it to 02 85?

I have a built-in TB-AlpineRidge on my motherboard (see my signature) and don't have any DisplayPort Adapter, only 2x TB ports. Therefore, my DROM is a little bit different:

drom_decode.png

upd:
- I don't understand what's between orange and gray. If '03 87 80', as explained, is "TBPortX PCI Down Adapter DSB4" then what does the other bytes '05 88 50 00 00 02 C9' mean? Is this a another switch - TBSwitch9?

- Does it make sense to customize a DROM and change the bytes in "Fixed 9-Byte Values assigned by PciThunderbolt.efi driver" by "iMac 18.3 string" bytes if I don't want to inject DROM via SSDT?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Sapphire RX Vega64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I've been carrying on tinkering with the SSDT-only approach to getting a full thunderbolt tree and have got as far as the very simple attached version which works great on built-in Alpine Ridge. It's based on the great work originally done by @Elias64Fr and @CaseySJ (all credit to them) and provides a full tree with working TBT and USB-C hot plug on cold and warm boot, TBT networking and target disk mode in the client computer. I was wondering if maybe we've been over-complicating things, might this work with built-in Titan Ridge as well? If you want to test it then you'll need to do a few things:
  • Change the RP05 Root Port number throughout the SSDT to whatever yours is and change the address on the first line of the MMBA method using the (PCI address * 8)+x formula. My thunderbolt RP05 is at 1C,4 so its (1C * 8)+4 = E4. There are no power methods as hot plug seems to be 100% consistent without them.
  • In the bios I have Force Power and ACPI RMV method enabled in the thunderbolt section. These might be hidden and so will need to be enabled using the grub approach. Note that I've removed DSB4 and only have one XHC2 SSP port as the AsRock Z370 itx/ac motherboard only has one thunderbolt port.
  • The GPE._E2C method will also need to be renamed according to the value in your system. Just dump your system DSDT using MacIASL and search for "Method (TINI, 2, Serialized)". Immediately above it you'll find the hot plug event method which will be named "_Exx".
  • The RP05._INI method in your DSDT will need to be renamed RP05.XINI using your OpenCore config.plist
  • The _GPE._Exx method in your DSDT will need to be renamed _GPE.XExx using your config.plist
As far as I can tell functionality is just the same as when I tried patched firmware but with the added bonus of TBT working normally with other operating systems. This approach might only work with built-in Alpine Ridge but it's worth trying...

@dgsga For bullet #4, if my root port is RP21, is the following change to config.plist correct?

XML:
          <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>change RP21._INI to RP21.XINI for ICM disable</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>UlAyMQhMVFJaAAhPQkZaAAhMTVNMAAhMTlNMABQqX0lOSQ==</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>UlAyMQhMVFJaAAhPQkZaAAhMTVNMAAhMTlNMABQqWElOSQ==</data>
            </dict>