Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

No that would make the card work less hard and run cooler thus extending its life. Besides 1 year old system should not be having a GPU blow up maybe you got some manufacture warrantee still at around 1 year.

thanks for your reply!
it’s been a little over a year, but i’ll check. I thought so too, and since i don’t use gfx heavy software, i’m really puzzled what happened...

@NorthAmTransAm: you are owner of ASUS-THUNDERBOLT-EX-3. Can you provide me please a exact location of Winbond chip to flash on this card? Thank you.
View attachment 466867
Winbond chip is highlighted. Pin 1 is lower left.

81Q3jNKl4uL._AC_SX466_.jpg

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't find the answer..where is the HS02 / SS02 USB port for this board? I don't see it in the USB mapping you laid out (on page 1). Thanks : )

Last edited:
Please try this:
  • Temporarily remove the Radeon Boost patches:
    • CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-RX 5700 XT-Version 1.0.aml
    • CLOVER/kexts/Other/dAGPM.kext
  • Delete the duplicate kext:
    • CLOVER/kexts/10.14/SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
  • Use the attached config.plist. Backup the original file.
Hey CaseySJ. No dice on the changes and thanks for catching that duplicate! Any other suggestions?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't find the answer..where is the HS02 / SS02 USB port for this board? I don't see it in the USB mapping you laid out (on page 1). Thanks : )
HS02/SS02 does not exist on this board. USB port layout varies quite a bit from model to model and make to make. If Gigabyte had wanted to add another USB port to this board, they could have assigned it to HS02/SS02.

HS02/SS02 does not exist on this board. USB port layout varies quite a bit from model to model and make to make. If Gigabyte had wanted to add another USB port to this board, they could have assigned it to HS02/SS02.

ohh, thank you so much..I'm really new to USB mapping and trying to wrap my mind around this stuff : )

Hey CaseySJ. No dice on the changes and thanks for catching that duplicate! Any other suggestions?
Please post a screenshot of the settings dialog for HWMonitorSMC2. Here's mine:
Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 10.38.05 AM.png

ohh, thank you so much..I'm really new to USB mapping and trying to wrap my mind around this stuff : )
Building and configuring a Hackintosh can be a rewarding and frustrating experience (no pain no gain). Fortunately, with the help of some guides scattered throughout TonyMac the pain can be much less than the gain! Have you seen these in Post-Installation --> General Help?

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 10.41.06 AM.png

Still trying to get bugs worked out on my build so that Final Cut Runs Better. Here is a screen shot from my Config.plist.

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 2.07.35 PM.png

Here is my output in VideoProc

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 9.36.48 PM.png

Attached is my config.plist. I thought that I was running SMBIOS iMac Pro 1,1. Apparently I am still on iMac 19,1.

Is it possible to change SMBIOS without it screwing up my software authorizations that are cloud-based and signing me out of iCloud? I use Sonarworks Systemwide for speaker calibration and Adobe CC Suite and have the plugin alliance Mega bundle. And the last two times I have switched my SMBIOS it has signed me out of all that and I had to burn an authorization.

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.2 KB · Views: 62
Back