Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Can someone answer a quick question: I haven't used Terminal much before BUT can you copy and paste this command without the quote tags obviously? Can you leave the caps as is. Is the Terminal case-sensitive?

sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/Catalina-USB

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Can someone answer a quick question: I havent used Terminal much before BUT can you copy and paste this command without the quote tags obviously? Can you leave the caps as is ie) Is the terminal case-sensitive?

sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/Catalina-USB

yes, keep the quotes and probably best to keep the case as is, in fact, just copy and paste it all

Can someone answer a quick question: I havent used Terminal much before BUT can you copy and paste this command without the quote tags obviously? Can you leave the caps as is ie) Is the terminal case-sensitive?

Yes, as long as your USB drive is called Catalina-USB. You will need the quote tags as well because "Install macOS Catalina.app" has spaces in it.

OOF! Another thing I am noticing with this keyboard is, when I manually put the computer to sleep and the keyboard is on (on wired), it wakes the fans and disk up immediately after they turn off - do you also have this problem?
On my main system the K1 is connected via USB cable. I've never had sleep/wake issues with it.

@CaseySJ ,

Could I use the Catalina USB for the fresh Install, seeing how I created it as part of the Mini upgrade guide OR should I never take any chances at this point and start it over?
You may use the Catalina USB that was created earlier, but use SMBIOS iMac19,1 along with new serial numbers (that is, do not copy SMBIOS from old config.plist into new config.plist).

Hey! First of, you guys are heros! I have learned a lot the last month and I am eager to learn more!

I updated from Mojave to Catalina yesterday, using the micro guide, and everything is working fine! Except from one thing, when I restart or shut down the computer I don't get the verbose text and the dock sort of freezes, the dock goes down but its like an other dock behind it. Any idea why?

Again, thanks a lot for this great guide for this build!
Hello @Joakim1337, when you restart or shutdown does the computer actually restart and shutdown? The verbose text is only for debugging purposes.

You may use the Catalina USB that was created earlier, but use SMBIOS iMac19,1 along with new serial numbers (that is, do not copy SMBIOS from old config.plist into new config.plist).

Thanks @CaseySJ , I wasn't going to miss that lol..SO I just generate a new BIOS version in Rt Variables using the generate MLB , correct?

Thanks @CaseySJ , I wasn't going to miss that lol..SO I just generate a new BIOS version in Rt Variables using the generate MLB , correct?
When you generate new SMBIOS (not "BIOS"), then simply copy Board Serial Number from SMBIOS section to RtVariables --> MLB. And also click Generate next to ROM (also in RtVariables).

Sorry, I guess the only thing I can generate in Rt Variables is the ROM and in SMBIOS, the System Serial # and SmUUID

Gotcha! Sheesh, they need to pay you more for people like me :crazy::D
Do you have a background in coding @CaseySJ ??

Back