Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

• Try Reseting the Bluetooth Module by holding Shift-Option while clicking Bluetooth icon in menu bar.
  • Then choose Reset the Bluetooth module.

just tried that, still doesn't show anything.

What WiFi/Bluetooth card do you have installed?

Fenvi FV-T919
they both seem like they should connect the same, just your's has faster wifi speeds. I wonder if for some reason it is not compatible with the bt card that I have.

I just ordered the Fenvi 919 to replace (for faster wifi speeds) -- I guess I will hope and see if that fixes the keyboard issue as well.

Last edited:
If you type traceroute www.tonymacx86.com in Terminal, do you see 86.13.116.170 somewhere along the route?
Tried trace route and get this output if it means anything to you:
traceroute to tonymacx86.com (66.232.110.83), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
1 192.168.0.1 (192.168.0.1) 4.990 ms 2.666 ms 3.877 ms
2 10.234.0.1 (10.234.0.1) 11.075 ms 21.612 ms 19.965 ms
3 croy-core-2a-xe-730-0.network.virginmedia.net (81.96.225.45) 14.985 ms 23.758 ms 21.930 ms
4 * * *
5 m686-mp2.cvx1-b.lis.dial.ntli.net (62.254.42.174) 14.865 ms 15.755 ms 23.946 ms
6 * * *
7 uk-lon01b-ri1-ae-25-0.aorta.net (84.116.136.102) 14.896 ms 21.653 ms 13.971 ms
8 ldn-b1-link.telia.net (213.248.84.25) 16.110 ms 16.747 ms 20.085 ms
9 * * ldn-bb3-link.telia.net (62.115.121.26) 159.348 ms
10 * * *
11 rest-bb1-link.telia.net (62.115.141.244) 138.035 ms 132.940 ms 131.708 ms
12 mai-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.120.177) 161.455 ms
mai-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.119.231) 162.641 ms
mai-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.120.177) 166.330 ms
13 hivelocity-ic-335619-mai-b1.c.telia.net (213.248.91.155) 159.855 ms 163.607 ms 160.016 ms
14 * * *
15 * * *
16 * * *
17 * * *
18 * * *
19 * * *
20 * * *

Also tried changing my DNS to both Google then Open and still can't load this site without a VPN.

@CaseySJ and others:
I need some help.

I flashed my AR AIC with EliasFr v1 Alpine Rdge ROM. The Apple Thunderbolt Display is connected via an Apple TB3 to TB2 dongle. The display, including the camera and mic, worked, but, when I tried to wake from sleep, the fans spun up but the display didn't light up. I used screen sharing, and, for about 30 sec after I woke the system the mouse was responsive, but after about a minute the screen sharing froze. I repeated this setup several times, to make sure it was a repeatable problem.

I went back to the ROM repository and decided to try NorthAmTransAm's flashed AR NVM21. I have a secondary monitor attached via DVI from my RX590, and a DP out from the 590 connected to DPin 1 on the AR. TB display is connected to TB1.

At the end of the boot, the secondary screen shows the desktop but the TB monitor remains black. Strangely, though, system report shows a fully populated TB bus, including showing the attached TB monitor. IOReg shows a fully populated tree on RP21, showing the monitor, FaceTime camera, and display audio on DSB1. So everything I know to check looks in order except for a black screen on the TB.

I am using the BIOS settings as you directed on page 1. (I have tried internal GFX enabled and disabled.) I am on BIOS 12d, which is the latest.

Attached is a screen shot of System Report--Thunderbolt and Graphics/Displays, IOReg, and my Clover folder. I've also attached the original AR ROM I extracted before I loaded the first modded ROM, in case it is slightly different than the one that Elias or NATA started with.

Thanks in advance.

Edit--the kexts in .../Clover/kexts/other/ folder are older than what are loaded from /L/E/ folder. But I just got religion and moved the kexts from /L/E/ to Clover and updated Lilu, WEG, and AppleALC. Still the same TB situation.

Edit 2--the camera, microphone, ethernet, and the speaker in the TB monitor all work. just not the video.

Attachments

• System Report--Thunderbolt.png
    System Report--Thunderbolt.png
    166 KB · Views: 94
  • System Report--Graphics:Displays.png
    System Report--Graphics:Displays.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Office iMac--NATA ROM.ioreg
    5.4 MB · Views: 88
  • CLOVER copy.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 73
  • AR original firmware.bin.zip
    146.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Fenvi FV-T919
OOF! Another thing I am noticing with this keyboard is, when I manually put the computer to sleep and the keyboard is on (on wired), it wakes the fans and disk up immediately after they turn off - do you also have this problem?

I have my SSD drive on the Aorus Pro set up to boot into either Mojave or Catalina using the same EFI folder. I just tried Catalina and Sleep/Wake worked fine for a couple cycles. However, on another attempt the Apple Display did not wake up, but the HDMI did. System Info - Thunderbolt showed the Apple Display still on the Thunderbolt bus. A reboot did not bring the AD back displaying. However, a cold boot did return it to displaying. A subsequent sleep/wake worked. Obviously no consistency.

Paraphrasing CaseySJ on this thread -- if you want a computer that just works, (most of the time?) then buy an Apple instead of messing with a hackintosh.

This is a GC-Titan Ridge AIC.

I'm using iMac19,1.

When I flashed my GC-Alpine Ridge AIC I used the GC-Alpine-Ridge-NVM-21-V3-NATA.bin ROM file in the "depository." I only used that flashed card with another build I have using a Designare mobo without a video card. I THINK I got the Apple Display working with it, but never tested sleep/wake. The AR card is now back on my shelf!

Looks like there could be a problem with the Alpine Ridge ROM you used for this application. You might want to try the ROM I used, or maybe you need to try an GC-Titan Ridge card. :)
Thanks for the additional info. If I give up on the AR, I will spring for the real thing--a Designare. The Aorus Pro minus TB capability will go to upgrade an old hack that has been asking for an upgrade for some time.

Hey! First of, you guys are heros! I have learned a lot the last month and I am eager to learn more!

I updated from Mojave to Catalina yesterday, using the micro guide, and everything is working fine! Except from one thing, when I restart or shut down the computer I don't get the verbose text and the dock sort of freezes, the dock goes down but its like an other dock behind it. Any idea why?

Again, thanks a lot for this great guide for this build!

@CaseySJ ,

Could I use the Catalina USB for the fresh Install, seeing how I created it as part of the Mini upgrade guide OR should I never take any chances at this point and start it over?

@CaseySJ I was on the right track with my idea about the issues I have with iGPU enabled+LG UltraFine 5K (that also effect Windows).

I got a dummy HDMI plug and I put my hack to sleep, and woke it, and was able to login. I tried both in the onboard HDMI port, and on the RX580. RX580 did absolutely nothing, crash on wake.

I was experiencing freezes on boot. Things were glitchy.

I noticed a big problem for this being a reliable fix. I can boot with it plugged in, put the machine to sleep, and wake it. However, now the plug seems to have lost power, as it emulates a display so macOS would show 2 displays in settings, but upon waking the dummy one is gone, and the next sleep means the same old trouble is back.

I put my build back into iMacPro1,1 with iGPU off, since last I recall that didn't have any issues (it's the iGPU being on that screws up the monitor for some reason, and the build just works better with iMacPro1,1 with a missing iGPU).

If anyone is aware of an HDMI dummy plug that is confirmed that it won't lose the dummy display upon sleep/wake, that might help me out.

Back