Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I just built and configured the same system and it works great. I even went through the extra mile configs as suggested. My issue is the recommended wifi Fenvi FV-HB1200 did not work. I even tried the SUPERPLUS WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Card and no luck. The bluetooth preferences searched for bluetooth devices but did not find any nearby devices. Also the wifi would not turn on. I checked and rechecked everything...yes even the wire from the PCI card to the USB-f connection on the motherboard. Has anyone found a fix for this? I would greatly appreciate any solution. I am currently using a Bluetooth USB dongle on this system and it laughable.

Oh and running the latest version of Mojave

Hello, I'm trying to change the CPU name but I run in to permission problem. The operation can not be completed because you don't have the necessary permissions . no idea how to fix it .
This should not be done in Catalina at this time.

Now 461GB transferred and ejected HDD.....every time is different HDD , now ejected Seagate Slim 2TB ...previously Red NAS 3TB and previously 4TB.....
This is crazy¡¡
Ouch. Because this is happening in Windows as well perhaps the best thing is to log a support ticket with Gigabyte Tech Support.

Ouch. Because this is happening in Windows as well perhaps the best thing is to log a support ticket with Gigabyte Tech Support.
OK. I contact Amazon....thanks for your help!

@CaseySJ both NO & YES have been tried and gave the previous results in the JPEGs attached. First photo is NO, second photo are the results of YES.

My bootable backup was giving the same results the other day.
The only thing I can think of now is to create a temporary CLOVER configuration on a spare USB flash disk by following the Catalina 10.15.4 Mini-Guide. Just follow Step 1, but skip the 3rd bullet (no need to copy Catalina installer to the USB flash disk). But copy serial numbers from OpenCore config.plist into Clover config.plist.

I just built and configured the same system and it works great. I even went through the extra mile configs as suggested. My issue is the recommended wifi Fenvi FV-HB1200 did not work. I even tried the SUPERPLUS WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Card and no luck. The bluetooth preferences searched for bluetooth devices but did not find any nearby devices. Also the wifi would not turn on. I checked and rechecked everything...yes even the wire from the PCI card to the USB-f connection on the motherboard. Has anyone found a fix for this? I would greatly appreciate any solution. I am currently using a Bluetooth USB dongle on this system and it laughable.

Oh and running the latest version of Mojave
Let's see what we can do...
  • Please reinstall the Fenvi FV-HB1200. Always power down the system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF. This is the only way to stop live current from flowing to the motherboard.
  • Install the Fenvi into the bottom short PCIe x1 slot and of course connect the Bluetooth data cable to F_USB.
  • Flip the PSU back on and boot the system.
  • Download and run IORegistryExplorer.
  • Select File --> Save As... and upload the saved file.

Because feedback from this community can be helpful to the development of Intel WiFi and BT drivers, I'll describe how to install the Intel Bluetooth driver. But please log all problem reports with the developer on their GitHub site.

** Micro-Guide for Installing Intel Bluetooth Driver (Beta) by "zxystd" **
Please do not quote this micro-guide in its entirety. Post a link instead.​

I tested it a bit out of curiosity.

Things I noticed.
1. I had to remove HS12 from the SSDT. The boot args weren't working for some reason. HS12 remained and it recognized that as the Bluetooth, though HS14 also showed in Hackintool.

2. I did have to re-pair my Magic Mouse 2 as expected. The Magic Keyboard 2, since it was connected to USB, seemed to do it itself. The Apple Magic devices seem to establish pairing if you connect them over USB.

3. My System Information claims that Handoff is supported. I do not want to setup iCloud to actually test that unfortunately. I don't know if it is a fluke in my case, but it's the only log dump I've seen so far with this Intel kext with that set to Yes.

4. Bluetooth Core Spec is listed as unknown for what I assume should say 5.0 or something. I noticed those who had 5.0 showing up had 0x9 not 0xA, and firmware 9.256 not 10.256. I could see people with the same motherboard but different fw version having issues in that case.

This guy posted an issue and he has the same fw version as me with the same thing, so I'm sure it's some minor version difference. Interestingly, his Handoff/Hotspot are off as well. I have not seen a case yet where those were marked Yes except mine.

5. I can pair and turn BT off fine. I have not tested sleep, because my build has an issue where sleep=crash, something to do with iGPU enabled+UltraFine 5K that I wish I could figure out how to fix that on.

Code:
Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 7.0.4f6
Hardware, Features, and Settings:
    Name: iMac
    Address: REDACTED
    Bluetooth Low Energy Supported: Yes
    ***Handoff Supported: Yes***
    ***Instant Hot Spot Supported: Yes***
    Manufacturer: Intel
    Transport: USB
    Firmware Version: 10.256 (10.256) (I noticed those who have 5.0 have 9.256)
    Bluetooth Power: On
    Discoverable: On
    Connectable: Yes
    Auto Seek Pointing: On
    Remote wake: On
    Vendor ID: 0x8087
    Product ID: 0x0AAA
    ***Bluetooth Core Spec: Unknown (0xA)*** (I noticed those who have 5.0 have 5.0 (0x9))
    HCI Revision: 0x100
    ***LMP Version: Unknown (0xA)***
    LMP Subversion: 0x100
    Device Type (Major): Computer
    Device Type (Complete): Mac Desktop
    Composite Class Of Device: 0x380104
    Device Class (Major): 0x01
    Device Class (Minor): 0x01
    Service Class: 0x1C0
    Auto Seek Keyboard: On
Devices (Paired, Configured, etc.):
    Magic Keyboard 2:
        Major Type: Miscellaneous
        Minor Type: Unknown
        Services: Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
        Paired: Yes
        Configured: Yes
        Connected: Yes
        Manufacturer: Broadcom (0x5, 0x240C)
        Battery Level: 100%
        Bluetooth Core Spec: 3.0
        Firmware Version: 0x0100
        Vendor ID: 0x004C
        Product ID: 0x026C
        Class of Device: 0x00 0x00 0x0000
        AFH: On
        AFH Map: FEFFFFFEFFFFFFFFFF3F
        RSSI: 0
        Role: Master
        Connection Mode: Active Mode
        Interval: 0 ms
        Host Connectable: Yes
        EDR Supported: Yes
        eSCO Supported: No
        SSP Supported: Yes
    Magic Mouse 2:
        Major Type: Miscellaneous
        Minor Type: Unknown
        Services: Magic Mouse 2
        Paired: Yes
        Configured: Yes
        Connected: Yes
        Manufacturer: Broadcom (0x5, 0x240C)
        Battery Level: 50%
        Bluetooth Core Spec: 3.0
        Firmware Version: 0x0102
        Vendor ID: 0x004C
        Product ID: 0x0269
        Class of Device: 0x00 0x00 0x0000
        AFH: On
        AFH Map: FEFFFFFEFFFFFFFFFF3F
        RSSI: 0
        Role: Master
        Connection Mode: Active Mode
        Interval: 0 ms
        Host Connectable: Yes
        EDR Supported: Yes
        eSCO Supported: No
        SSP Supported: Yes
Services:
    Bluetooth File Transfer:
        Folder other devices can browse: ~/Public
        When receiving items: Accept all without warning
        State: Disabled
    Bluetooth File Exchange:
        Folder for accepted items: ~/Downloads
        When other items are accepted: Save to location
        When receiving items: Accept all without warning
    Bluetooth Internet Sharing:
Incoming Serial Ports:
    Bluetooth-Incoming-Port:
    RFCOMM Channel: 3
    Requires Authentication: No

I am trying to make sure I am doing all of this right. I have just finished setting up Headless Platform ID - @CaseySJ edited my Config.plist the other day. I just read the spoiler about H264 and HVEC and I get his output from videoproc

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 9.36.48 PM.png

I was getting a lot of lag in Final Cut. I do not have anything new to edit to test with. But I did take an old project and delete all the generated Library files and start to mimic my editing workflow (its a crude test, but it's the best I could think of).

Before the config.plist edits, and the headless platform ID - if there was any rendering or transcoding going on in the background of Final Cut, I could not scroll the timeline without lag or spinning beach balls of doom. I only ran my crude test for a few minutes - but I didn't have any lag, dropped frames or spinning balls. How else can I make sure I have done everything necessary to make this build cruze smoothly for video editing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 9.36.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 9.36.48 PM.png
    279.5 KB · Views: 63
Back