Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Those TZ or Thermal Zone ACPI errors can be ignored. They're due to an oversight in the Gigabyte firmware. MSR 0xE2 can be re-locked automatically whenever CMOS is Reset and BIOS is flashed. We should always check and disable MSR 0xE2 after each such event.
Thanks @CaseySJ so what should I be looking toward, ACPI?? as it's not booting and getting stuck in the above screenshot?

Hi, back again. So I've learned the importance of a bootable back up haha.
I couldn't manage to get my drive back up from r5109, and had recently backed up via Time Machine, so I installed a fresh copy of catalina.
However, I'm having trouble getting my PCIe Bluetooth card to work. I have SSD-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml in patched, and it's not listed in IO. My wireless keyboard and mouse work at bios and boot manager screen, but not in macos. The Bluetooth option in System Preferences isnt showing, So something is up. that I can't figure out
Some comments:
  • The list of kexts in your screenshot does not match the set of files in the Catalina Mini-Guide's ZIP.
    • SmallTreeIntel... is missing, for example.
    • AHCI_3rdParty... are no longer used.
  • At the top of the Catalina Mini-Guide (both of them) there's a warning to avoid Clover 5109.
  • To check Bluetooth, please run IORegistryExplorer and scroll the device tree on left side until you see HS11 and HS12. Do you see Bluetooth devices under either of them? Feel free to post a screenshot.
  • Also note that in Catalina we install all Hackintosh-related kexts only in CLOVER/kexts/Other. This is due to Apple's tightening policy against third-party intrusion into "kernel space".

No no,the computers its on..
Does the problem occur in Windows or Linux? Try installing either of those operating systems and copy large files across supported filesystems. If the problem exists under Windows/Linux as well, then there might be a hardware issue.

@CaseySJ what is the difference between M2M and M2P? (I have macOS in M2M and Windows in M2P)
Please see this in Post #1:

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 6.53.34 AM.png

Thanks @CaseySJ so what should I be looking toward, ACPI?? as it's not booting and getting stuck in the above screenshot?
In the previous post you stated:

All worked okay and got back in to the Mac with all my files etc. Then did the CFG Lock via modgrubshell
However it's now giving me this below.

I took that to mean everything is okay. But after that did you manually lock MSR 0xE2 ("Then did the CFG Lock...")?

Does the problem occur in Windows or Linux? Try installing either of those operating systems and copy large files across supported filesystems. If the problem exists under Windows/Linux as well, then there might be a hardware issue.
ok i going install windows a i tell you¡¡
thx¡

In the previous post you stated:

All worked okay and got back in to the Mac with all my files etc. Then did the CFG Lock via modgrubshell
However it's now giving me this below.

I took that to mean everything is okay. But after that did you manually lock MSR 0xE2 ("Then did the CFG Lock...")?
sorry, yes eventually managed to get back to back in to the Mac albeit with some black screens and no Gigabyte startup window/picker.
Then I've re-done the CFG Lock via grub method setup_var_3 0x5C1 0x00
Then in config.plist I've re-set below:
AppleCpuPmCfgLock NO
AppleXcpmCfgLock NO

Last edited:
@CaseySJ
Hi Casey, appreciate you can take a look at my attached file when you have the time:) thanks!
My Asus X99 Deluxe II is still on Mojave with Clover. It is stable and working well and I probably will keep the system as it is for sometime cause I use it daily for video editing in our studio. I will probably upgrade the RX580 GPU though. Would you recommend the Vega 64 or the Radeon VII for this build? Thank you once again for helping to resurrect my Asus X99 Deluxe II!

Btw, only one USB 3 port on my Fractal Design R5 case is working. There are 2 X USB 3 and 2 X USB 2 at the top of the case.
Sorry, I have still yet to learn about USB port configuration :) All the USB ports on the MB is working great though.

I have save the the file for you to take a look.

Attachments

• Edit’s iMac Pro_IOR.ioreg
    19.7 MB · Views: 69
sorry, yes eventually managed to get back to back in to the Mac albeit with some black screens and no Gigabyte startup window/picker.
Then I've re-done the CFG Lock via grub method setup_var_3 0x5C1 0x00
Then in config.plist I've re-set below:
AppleCpuPmCfgLock NO
AppleXcpmCfgLock NO
  • Can you still boot normally with Clover?
  • Does the boot process halt only with OpenCore?
  • Does the boot process succeed with OpenCore if you set both AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock to YES?

Back