Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Bluetooth Audio, I'm using a Broadcom wifi/bluetooth 4.0 card from a MacBook placed in a PCI express adapter. I believe this is the same setup @CaseySJ used with the original build. While working remote over the past few weeks I've noticed that bluetooth audio to my AirPods will frequently stutter and break up. I can occasionally get a good connection, more often its problematic. I've confirmed solid connections from the pci express antenna extenders to the bluetooth board and the board is then plugged into the antenna provided with the Designaire in place of the stick antennas to came with. really symtpomatic of a bad connection but not seeing where/how. Anyone have any experience or tips with bluetooth audio? Should I swap to the stick antenna and try?

unlock with watch, wifi, sidecar and other functions are 100% solid.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
@CaseySJ

I found a way to use AIO NZXT Kracken on macOS. I managed to get the official NZXT Cam program to work in a virtual machine. I talked about it here.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
@MatiCohen,

I think it's going to be very interesting to see the continued development of native drivers for Intel Bluetooth and Intel WiFi, so I've added a section under Miscellaneous in Post #1 as shown.

All: These drivers are in development and do not work completely. Unless you are beta-testing them for the developer, please do not use them. For now, no support of any kind will be provided in this thread.

View attachment 463242
Hi @CaseySJ ,
Happy to hear at last we are getting native support for intel wifi and bluetooth. Right now I copied bluetooth kexts downloaded from given github page, but I am using "SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml". Can you help me change the aml file.
Thanks for the tremendous help all along.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 9.28.44 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 9.28.44 PM.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 9.33.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 9.33.25 PM.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 80

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ ,
Happy to hear at last we are getting native support for intel wifi and bluetooth. Right now I copied bluetooth kexts downloaded from given github page, but I am using "SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml". Can you help me change the aml file.
SMCBatteryManager is not needed on a desktop

Motherboard
Z490 ASUS Maximus XII Formula
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ again a big thanks to you for the OC 0.5.7 manual! (I have NDK-OC 0.5.7 on my system now)

I have a question about this: do I have to do anything else after the guide or am I finished with the install guide?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ ,
Please see this:
Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 9.46.02 AM.png

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ again a big thanks to you for the OC 0.5.7 manual! (I have NDK-OC 0.5.7 on my system now)

I have a question about this: do I have to do anything else after the guide or am I finished with the install guide?
Luckily you are done! But skim through Going the Extra Mile just to see what's available in case a future need arises.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ

I found a way to use AIO NZXT Kracken on macOS. I managed to get the official NZXT Cam program to work in a virtual machine. I talked about it here.

Cool -- that's always an option. Have you tried something like CrossOver for Mac?

Anyway, there's another option -- liquidctl by Jonas Malaco. All details are provided here:

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 9.51.26 AM.png

He's currently working on a dynamic controller that will monitor temperatures at a specified frequency and adjust fan speeds based on user-specified fan curves.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey @CaseySJ - everything's been going ok, however sleep is still a bit patchy (but not because of the reasons mentioned before).

I've narrowed it down to Handoff. Within Terminal, when entering pmset -g assertions, the reason for prevent User Idle System sleep is "pid 329(sharingd): [0x00003c6200018d9a] 00:00:06 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Handoff" "

I've just restarted the machine and haven't even instigated any handoff transfers (WiFi is also off on the hack and so can't even make any transfers, but sleep also doesn't work if WiFi is on), however, if I go to system Preferences, general, and uncheck the 'Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices', the Mac goes to sleep within minutes.

Any ideas?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro - Flashed
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
First of all, a big Thank You to @CaseySJ for such a wonderful guide and thoughtfulness throughout this thread. I've had my Designaire up and running with much stability for a while now. Couldn't have done that without this group of people - thank you.

One basic question regarding flashing a Gigabyte Titan Ridge card - does it need to be in the motherboard and powered up to flash properly? I've successfully flashed the motherboard and was going to update the TR card but have had problems writing the new ROM. Reading works fine with the card separated from the motherboard.

Again, thanks to all of you for this resource.