Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ, I think this issue and solution would be a valuable addition to your excellent 10.15.4 mini-guide, and your 10.15.4 update guidelines.

No rush, but i might just save you a few questions down the road ;-)
Good suggestion. Done.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 4.51.53 PM.png

A link to the 10.15.4 upgrade guide is posted at the bottom of the Catalina 10.15.1 to 10.15.3 installation guide.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 4.53.44 PM.png

Hi, I'm very sorry.
But I guess we should agree that this thread is a little bit big, and cumbersome to search. The initial post itself is cumbersome to search! Hit cmd+f and type 10.15.4 and you'll see not mention to the update. Only clean install, and update from MOJAVE

Hey, don't worry about it. I agree there's so much information in this thread that it can be hard to find what you're looking for.

In this case there is indeed no link for the Catalina 10.15.4 update in the first post, but it is refered to in the Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.1 and Newer.
Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 00.22.07.png

I also did try the search, but IMO it's unreliable. At the time of posting that message, I did try searching within this thread, but the results were showing other threads regardless. Right now I get a 403 on any search:
Weird! I just did a search in this thread for "10.15.4 update" and I get the forbidden page too. Other search strings are working though. Maybe "update" is a forbidden search term, as it is also a SQL command? I'm just guessing. But in your case very unfortunate.

Anyway, I've added some extra info for you in my earlier reply.
Hope you'll succeed in your update process :thumbup:

the saga continues. Ok, so, regarding thunderbolt and getting UAD drivers and devices working properly, my experience thus far far is as follows. I am currently running Catalina 10.15.4 with native NVRAM enabled on Bios F8. OS wise, everything is running well and stable.

With UAD, the driver recognizes and connects to both Apollo16's that are configurable and chained in console. The #2 Apollo will intermittently lose the clock signal and sometimes disconnect and stop functioning completely, causing the red "ext" light to flash or stay on. When this happens, audio playback jumps or stops completely. This happens in different ways at different sample rates, with multiples of 44.1khz being more stable, and multiples of 48khz being less so. At 96khz all audio has a distorted "bitcrushed" sound. If i change sample rate in Ableton or Console or AudioMidi Setup, I have to reboot comp/Apollo to get clean, not garbled, audio. All three settings must be matched on boot to work at all, and 44.1khz works the best.

I am using the DDST thunderbolt patch that @jiffyslot posted a few days ago and is listed at the bottom.

I am also considering the Titan Ridge firmware flash, but do not know whether it is necessary, or if it could, potentially, fix the problems I am having. I have the equipment to do it, and understand the concept, but dont know if it would be beneficial. Below are pics of my IOReg when I search "Thunderbolt" and "UAD".

Let me know if theres anymore info I can provide

As always, deep gratitude to the real hackers, the guys figuring out machine code and writing patches so that we get nice little downloady files while having no idea whats actually happening on our machines. And thanks to @CaseySJ, this guide and all its miniguides have literally been my bible the last two weeks, you really do something amazing here, cheers:clap:
Edit: read the last 300 or so pages, i shall flash on the mourn, wish me luck

Attachments

• SSDT-Z390_RP05-TB3HP.aml
    5.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 5.22.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 5.22.35 PM.png
    360.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 5.22.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 5.22.02 PM.png
    320.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Ouch, okay. Try the Process of Elimination by first disconnecting all spinning (traditional) hard drives from all USB ports. Then check whether or not the remaining drives are ejected randomly.
Hi! I tested all day, plugged in all USB, and today is ejected only one time in HS03/SS03 when I was watching a movie after 1 hour. While I was transferring files with other USB, and they don't ejected after I have repeated the same connection and don't ejected. I don't know I will try this week and tell you....
Thanks for helping¡¡

Having some issues right out of the gate trying to do an initial install with a similar build. Getting the Prohibited sign a few seconds after selecting Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave.
I should note that I got to Step 14 (In the Clover screen, once again select Boot macOS Install from Mojave)However, i got a MacOS could not install error. (I was supposed to boot from the target SSD at that step right?)
Any suggestions or guides I should follow? Thanks!

Having some issues right out of the gate trying to do an initial install with a similar build. Getting the Prohibited sign a few seconds after selecting Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave.
I should note that I got to Step 14 (In the Clover screen, once again select Boot macOS Install from Mojave)However, i got a MacOS could not install error. (I was supposed to boot from the target SSD at that step right?)
Any suggestions or guides I should follow? Thanks!
what drivers do you have in your clover efi?

Have not loaded any other drivers. Just using a fresh Unibeast USB loader.
Theres some extra drivers and patches and kexts that need to go in your clover folder to boot properly, they should be detailed in the guide, most likely aptiomemoryfix2000, or rather absence of, is the culprit

Theres some extra drivers and patches and kexts that need to go in your clover folder to boot properly, they should be detailed in the guide, most likely aptiomemoryfix2000, or rather absence of, is the culprit
I looked at the install instructions and did not see this mentioned. Do i need to re-run the multibeast installer to get these updated kexts?

Back