Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello Everyone

I bought Corsair Hydro 115i RGB water cooling

It does not work and not unrecognized with official software on macos but ok on W10

Oh, looks like that thread just got more replies:
Will try this momentarily...

EDIT: It does not work on 10.15.4. The procedure on Page 6 is for 10.15.1. By the way it's much easier to press CMD-Shift-. (dot) to toggle hidden files in Finder.
Too bad, we will keep digging/trying. I've reverted to 10.15.3 for the time being.

Good validation of the back / restore process, this T5 portable SSD has been a game changer on time to execute backup/restore.

How about just directly downloading the 10.15.4 combo update and running that?

I don't have the issue to be able to test it but logically it should work if it finishes the update cleanly.
I saw that this worked for someone. Okay now that you brought it up (I was hoping no one would :)) I'll try it.

Hello, @CaseySJ,
I have a question please ,
Whenever I press the Power Button on the First Time (when the PC is completely shut down), the computer Starts for 1seconds, then shut down, then it starts again alone for 2 seconds to shut down again. Again, a 3rd time it starts on automatically (without pressing Power) and this time really Boot.
The first two times it starts and shut down, the computer don't reach the BIOS/UEFI. The 3rd time it does.

I have to say that this happens each time on the first time I run the computer (not if I Restart) on the day.
This is not an Hardware issue as I have 2 exactly same computer with the same problem (Mine and one of my friend).

Furthermore I haven't overclock or touch anything related to this. The bios is setup as you said in your first post.
On some forums they might say that It could result from insufficient power, and may be might be fix by "Turbo Mode in the bios ???"

My hardware is brand new:
I9-9900 k
Z390 Designare
RM750 Corsair
64GO RAM Crucial 3000mHZ Cas 15 DDR4
Sapphire Nitro 8GO RT5700X.
FEnvi T919
2 SSD NVME

Thank you
Bobby,

This is perfectly normal. But let me ask this:
  • When you turn off the computer, do you keep it plugged in, but not turned off from the wall?
  • If you use a power strip or surge protector, maybe you are turning the power strip or surge protector off? If you do that, then the computer will go through 1 or 2 auto-restart cycles before actually powering on.
Keep this in mind:
  • If you completely shut off power to the computer, then next time it starts up it will think that some hardware components have changed. So it will rescan all system buses to detect new hardware, and it will regenerate internal tables. This requires 1 or 2 quick reboots.
  • But if you only shutdown the computer, but keep the power flowing then it will restart normally every time.

Hello Everyone

I bought Corsair Hydro 115i RGB water cooling

It does not work and not unrecognized with official software on macos but ok on W10
What "official software on macOS" are you referring to? Corsair AIO coolers are not designed for Mac.

If that problem happens on real Macs as well, then please report this to Corsair Tech Support.
Yes have you got a hydro installation with icue ?

Yes have you got a hydro installation with icue ?
Please see this compatibility page. iCue for macOS only supports Keyboards, Mice and Audio products:

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 11.37.22 AM.png

Bobby,

This is perfectly normal. But let me ask this:
  • When you turn off the computer, do you keep it plugged in, but not turned off from the wall?
  • If you use a power strip or surge protector, maybe you are turning the power strip or surge protector off? If you do that, then the computer will go through 1 or 2 auto-restart cycles before actually powering on.
Keep this in mind:
  • If you completely shut off power to the computer, then next time it starts up it will think that some hardware components have changed. So it will rescan all system buses to detect new hardware, and it will regenerate internal tables. This requires 1 or 2 quick reboots.
  • But if you only shutdown the computer, but keep the power flowing then it will restart normally every time.

Thank you for answering Casey. <3
I do not Switch off the PSU at the back of the Case, neither Disconnect the Power Cable, Neither use a Surge Protector. The power keeps flowing.
So this is strange. Do I have to change something in the bios ?

Moreover, as I told you in the previous post, if I Shut Down the computer I have to completely wait until it shuts down before powering up again (I have to wait that the Power from the Monitor completely shut down (so maybe 15s after the PC is shut down (so 15S after the MotherBoard is off)). If I power the computer before the Monitor is shut down, the computer goes into a BootLoop mode.

THank you

Thank you for answering Casey. <3
I do not Switch off the PSU at the back of the Case, neither Disconnect the Power Cable, Neither use a Surge Protector. The power keeps flowing.
So this is strange. Do I have to change something in the bios ?

Moreover, as I told you in the previous post, if I Shut Down the computer I have to completely wait until it shuts down before powering up again (I have to wait that the Power from the Monitor completely shut down (so maybe 15s after the PC is shut down (so 15S after the MotherBoard is off)). If I power the computer before the Monitor is shut down, the computer goes into a BootLoop mode.

THank you
Oh I see. That is not right.
  • What BIOS version are you running? Have you flashed the latest one?
  • Do you have an nVidia GPU in the system?
  • Are you using a single monitor or multiple monitors?
  • Which RX 5700 XT do you have (which brand)?
  • Which monitor do you have?
  • Do you have any other operating systems installed (dual boot)?
    • If Windows or Linux is installed, does the computer start up and shutdown normally every time?

I saw that this worked for someone. Okay now that you brought it up (I was hoping no one would :)) I'll try it.

Re-reading the thread I think the last page shifts the discussions to Catalina reboot cleanup and may help with this post 10.15.4 cleanup. I'm back on 10.15.3 and may the whole process for a third time in just a bit, while the backup / restore is fresh on the mind.

Ideally we figure on to get the update to complete cleanly, short of that this may cover for now.

Back